It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight Pride Parade

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

He Actually Does this ALL by the Power of " Orange Skull " . Please do not Tell Anyone I just Revealed that Revelation to you here OK Luke ? ..........._*)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ahhhh... okay then!

Your secret is safe.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

If Milo is considered part of the far right, then I don't think we have much to worry about. That's really much much much better than those neo nazi, kkk militias that used to conform the far right.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Gay pride parade = Gay people having pride in who they are.

Straight pride parade = Bigots spreading hatred against gays.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Do you even realize and understand that says everything about you and nothing about anyone else? And that it doesn't help when the facts tell us exactly the opposite???

Not only was there absolutely no reports of hateful messages or violence by the Straight Pride participants, as already noted in the OP, there was quite a bit of hatefulness and some violence by the protesters! And, generally speaking, there is quite a bit of hate exhibited towards lesbians by trans activists, to the point that lesbians do not feel welcome nor safe at gay pride parades!!!

Ask the lesbians at Leeds:

More counter-protests in Leeds as 'Lesbian Strength' and trans rights groups gather in City Square

The women travelled to Leeds from across the country and said they were protesting as they no longer felt safe at Pride marches.

Organiser Julie Furlong said: "Pride doesn't represent us for lots of different reasons.

Ya think maybe this has something to do with it:

The Degenderettes: The Transgender Hate Group Taking Aim at Women

For some time, lesbians have been quite unhappy about the sacrifice of the "L" for the "T" by the "LGBT." Especially when they are coerced and bullied with the "cotton ceiling."

There is definitely much hate being spread, and too much of it is coming from the LGBT itself.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Did you hear about the Women's Crisis Shelter in Canada that was vandalized and had a dead rat nailed to its door by trans-activists because they refused to allow men identifying as women in because it caused too many of the women under their roof significant trauma to have men in the center?

We're talking about women suffering from rape and abuse who are seeking shelter, but that's not enough ... these activists claim men who feel like women should be able to go into that place too and then attacked the shelter for saying no.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The whole point is that it's ridiculous to be proud of something you just happen to be due to the genetic lottery, rather than something you accomplished.

Blood Type AB-Negative Pride Parade! Whooo! Let's dress up like hemoglobin and get drunk!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Did you hear about the Women's Crisis Shelter in Canada that was vandalized and had a dead rat nailed to its door by trans-activists because they refused to allow men identifying as women in because it caused too many of the women under their roof significant trauma to have men in the center?

We're talking about women suffering from rape and abuse who are seeking shelter, but that's not enough ... these activists claim men who feel like women should be able to go into that place too and then attacked the shelter for saying no.

I did. And it's absolutely abominable -- beyond abominable. There is no word to convey how abominable it is.

The loudest and proudest have literally proven time and time again by their own words and actions that women are not safe with them. It's terrifying to me that so many refuse to acknowledge the outright (often violent) misogyny so prevalent, and even worse that too many will go to great lengths to hide or minimize that threat. All the while doing their damnedest to let them into women's spaces. From bathrooms to the sports teams. It's unconscionable.
-------------------------------------

How are you doing? Hanging in there I hope?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
The whole point is that it's ridiculous to be proud of something you just happen to be due to the genetic lottery, rather than something you accomplished.

I don't disagree. But folks can celebrate what they want. Gays can celebrate their pride and straights can celebrate their pride.

And we can choose not to be part of it.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Oh, I'm fine. Shoulder hurts, but that day, I'd gotten back from my first session, knew the size of the mountain so to speak, was a bit doped on pain killer, and was indulging in a rare pity party.

It is what it is.

Thanks for asking though.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I don't disagree. But folks can celebrate what they want. Gays can celebrate their pride and straights can celebrate their pride.

Hey, people celebrate Wednesday, too. But why bring "pride" into the equation in either case?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Hey, people celebrate Wednesday, too. But why bring "pride" into the equation in either case?

I don't know. Ask the LGBT folks who started it as a way to celebrate being who they are. And honestly, I don't think most of us would care very much until the implication become that heteronormativity was somehow bad by default.
edit on 10-9-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
used to be only marital sexuality was 'straight' but now even most pedos are straight?

sign of the times, folks!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'm really not the one to ask... People should speak for themselves...

But my best guess is that both have felt marginalized, abused and degraded to one extent or another, and their "pride" is more a statement of their refusal to apologize or be ashamed of who and what they are -- straight or gay.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is what it is.

Yup. And sometimes it's okay to wallow... sometimes it's the best thing to do. For the same reason it's important to celebrate our victories and triumphs.

And then you get back to the business of living.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It should be noted that the vast majority of lesbians in the LGBTxyz community along with the majority of lesbian publications and websites and the LGBT community as a whole are inclusive of transgender men and women and do not share these views at all whatsoever.

We’re talking about a fringe minority of regressive vocal and unpleasant "gender critical" feminists, also known as TERFs (trans exclusionary radical feminists) holding these views. They embrace “political lesbianism”, a theory that believes sexual orientation is a political and feminist choice and advocates lesbianism as a positive alternative to heterosexuality for women as part of the struggle against sexism and the patriarchy. They believe all trans women are simply men in frocks and are a threat to non-trans women’s safety based on cherry-picked cases of horrific behavior by a small number of trans people and that trans men are just confused traitors to their cause and victims of the dreaded patriarchy. Their ideology has become the de facto face of feminism in the UK. Oddly enough, they’ve aligned themselves with staunchly right-wing conservative forces which seems kind of counterproductive considering these groups are traditionally made up of the very patriarchy they rally against and aren’t particularly known for their empowerment of women or support of women’s reproductive rights.

Their protests and actions interrupting London’s pride parade in 2018 as well as their recent actions and rabblerousing have been highly criticized by practically all of the mainstream LGBT+ community organizations and outlets. Although the term “TERF” is one I prefer not to use, for a little counter perspective and further reading for those interested:

The rise of anti-trans “radical” feminists, explained
10 TERF ‘arguments’ that need to stop

On the other hand, let’s be fair here. The equally unpleasant radical and vocal trans activists, most of whom are misogynistic autogynephilic men in frocks are no better and in their narcissistic rage, have escalated their attacks on the gender critical crowd turning this whole thing into an overblown bloody mess that the vast majority of lesbian, gay and trans people wish would just shut the hell up, go away and stop acting like such total a$$wipes.

Keep in mind what we’re seeing in all this is just the radical fringe at both ends of the spectrum and not representative of the whole just like all Trump supporters aren’t neo-nazi white supremacists and all Democrats aren’t out of their mind loony leftist liberals.

Back to my earlier post, the media eats this stuff up and loves playing one side against the other because it’s good for business.

Disclaimer: I am not a part of the LGBTx “community” but consider myself a friend thereof. I am interested in and follow these issues closely because I find them intellectually, historically, sociologically and politically really interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

Your points are well taken. I don't discount the very vocal and very loud support for the Trans Activist Agenda, but I don't think anyone can really either qualify or quantify the numbers one way or the other, for many reasons. Starting with too much gaslighting and fudging of facts, not enough studies/research, too much bullying and harassment and deplatforming, etc. As long as disagreeing with the Trans Activist Agenda is social and professional suicide in so many circles, we have no idea how many are critical but dare not admit it publicly.

I would also note that while "TERFs" are condemned as transphobic, most do not hate trans people, and most support some/many protections, they just don't support all their demands. Much like transsexuals who consider a medical/psychological diagnosis of gender dysphoria necessary and proper -- in other words, no AGPs -- and are vilified as "TruScum" by the Trans Activists.

But it's the AGPs that make the most noise, and the most threats, and pose the most risk of violence (including sexual violence) towards women. And they seem to be the ones running the show.

Unfortunately, there is no room for such nuance in the Trans Activist Agenda. If ALL of their demands are not met, then one is transphobic or a TERF... and much worse.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Did you miss my question for you earlier or are you purposely dodging it? Either you do and your obviously wrong or you don't and destroy your own argument answering honestly. I guess I would dodge it too if I was you.

I'll ask again...do you think a straight pride parade means they hate gays...and conversly does that mean gay pride parades means they hate straight people?

Guess you're not gonna come back and defend your statement...knew your posts were worthless...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So basically this parade was like the ending of blazing saddles

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Boohoo.

I'm done with you.

You'd have to be blind not to see the ugly undercurrent of truth in what he says.

Progressives have gone from not wanting minorities to be overshadowed by majority groups to calling majority groups oppressive to calling them evil. So if you own any part of a majority identity in the SJW/progressive canon, you are guilty of being a bigoted, privileged oppressor no matter what you do. You can't help it. It's part of your inborn identity.

And if you aren't aware of that, then you haven't been paying attention to them.

No amount of atonement can pay for being born white or straight male or being a Christian, not even a progressive one.

Very well said. You nailed it on two important counts.

One is that we are talking to the blind. Self imposed and extremely selective blindness.

Two is the way you summed it up so eloquently: "So if you own any part of a majority identity in the SJW/progressive canon, you are guilty of being a bigoted, privileged oppressor no matter what you do. You can't help it. It's part of your inborn identity."

That is exactly my point. If you qualify, it really doesn't matter what you think or how you live your life. You are already guilty - just because.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join