It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this teacher planted to show kids how to cause more casualties

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The internet is terrible. It allows any crazy freak who should be normally ostracized and mocked until they act right to find a whole community of other freaks who will tell them that whatever crazy # they are into is normal and not crazy or aberrant or something they should avoid or do less, they will say it is good and they should do it more. It empowers craziness. This teacher sounds like your average dumb-ass who said something stupid. Maybe his point was that it is stupid to be afraid of school shootings because they really don't kill all that many people.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The Bath Michigan School Massacre in 1927. 44 people were killed including 38 school children.

This stuff ain't new.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I don't know about that. I was a child in the 70s and 80s and I wasn't ignorant about things like bombings or shootings but you just sort of went on with life and didn't harp on it.

I think what has changed is kids are allowed to dwell on things because virtue signaling and victimhood is now a team sport.

edit on 5-9-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

"The Boston Massacre, known to the British as the Incident on King Street,[2] was a confrontation on March 5, 1770 in which British soldiers shot and killed several people while being harassed by a mob in Boston. "

en.wikipedia.org...

Fun fact, the American Revolution started in part because the police shot an unarmed black man.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The 80s was great, kids didn't have to worry about school shootings, just nuclear annihilation from the Soviet Union. Wolverines!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In 1990 I was in Jacksonville looking for a good paying job and GMAC was suggested. I went there and sat in the car looking from the street and something inside me said nah. A week later was when it happened.

So I am a little bummed, kinda miss my 80’s big hair.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

The 80s was great, kids didn't have to worry about school shootings, just nuclear annihilation from the Soviet Union. Wolverines!

You know what was weird, even that brought us closer together.
I remember talking with our friend about "commies" and seeing Ronald Reagan as a grandfather like figure.
We had this unbelievable patriotism about America. Today you'd be called a racist for that.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yup, in fact my actual grandfather had a picture in his office of him shaking hands with president Reagan and I still think that is awesome.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I grew up through the 70's and 80's...

It's funny what people filter. I like to look at the movies in the moment as a bit of a pulse taker.

The difference between the Bad News Bears is all I need to remember correctly. Watch the Walter Mathau one first, then the Billy Bob Thornton one.

80's were not all that great. More a perfect facade, that seemed to create the Gen-X angst, of the Gen-X'ers... It was latchkey around the neck of a kid, watching the Keaton's have a real family.

All a lie.

Give them a watch... look at the differences - one is correcter

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I just want to savor your words:

I wish these kids could go to school in the early 1980's. No social media, they could walk to school, they could stay out until the outside lights came on, food was unadulterated, mom was home, terrorists were people far far away, the flag was proudly flown. It was a time when parades brought happiness not controversy, obesity was rare and walking was a must, you could count on pensions, you could work hard and pay for your own college without debt, you could buy a house a not be house poor. When you went on an airplane you dressed up and there was no security, you held police in the highest esteem.

I grew up in the 60's/70's but the feeling was the same. We were proud of our country, but wished it could lighten up a bit. We didn't worry about food, or bombs (although we had duck and cover drills) and occasionally there was a chilling EBS message on the TV and we always paid attention, because we thought ... one day, we might need to know what to do.

I think the teacher was WAAAAAAAAY misguided in giving an outline as to how more strategic damage might be inflicted on a group of people or students. People may THINK these things, and recognize how they might be able to be more effective than your basic terrorist, but never EVER plant the seed, nor give students the impression that you value such works. Terrorists are scum, regardless of who they kill. Those that support them are scum, imo. Those that appear to approve their works are also scum.

We need to work together, as a people. Until the point where we can truly accomplish that as an evolved species, we need to at least stop killing each other. Well.......... and we probably need to curtail our growing numbers. Who will pay for the future? If you don't care, you aren't part of the game.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why, thank you C.S! Didnt know how to respond to the poster..
Peace!, Best, M.S.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Yes. Thanks. Bath was one of the worst and firsts...thanks I.D.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

No need to thank me.

Also, I imagine that's how you'd want it to reconcile. We all found some common ground to discuss from. Everyone was cool, and we established a neutral and moved from their.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

The Bath Michigan School Massacre in 1927. 44 people were killed including 38 school children.

This stuff ain't new.

Yes, but the frequency has increased somewhat.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

Frankly, in my country we just as worried about being nuked by the US as a were the USSR. No offence to anybody here, but being stuck in the middle of two super powers was wracking. Still we didn't have to worry about getting shot in school so I guess it wasnt so bad.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm Not sure where you went to school but I was in high school in the 80's and there was serious racial tension and most certainly a police presence. I wasn't even in a school in a bad neighborhood or anything and it was in a city of 250,000. I'm sure that you felt safe but honestly, there have always been problems but small towns or locales suffered less. Or maybe, your focus wasn't that of an adult but more so of a kid which is fine but that doesn't mean that your perspective/reality was factual. Feel me?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TemplarLoyalty
a reply to: JAGStorm Not sure where you went to school but I was in high school in the 80's and there was serious racial tension and most certainly a police presence. I wasn't even in a school in a bad neighborhood or anything and it was in a city of 250,000. I'm sure that you felt safe but honestly, there have always been problems but small towns or locales suffered less. Or maybe, your focus wasn't that of an adult but more so of a kid which is fine but that doesn't mean that your perspective/reality was factual. Feel me?

I'm not saying it was uptopia, of course not. I do feel it felt a lot better than what a lot of our kids are feeling today, in so many ways.
I went to a lot of difference schools and never remembered a police presence.

As another person pointed out:

Still we didn't have to worry about getting shot in school so I guess it wasnt so bad.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I wish these kids could go to school in the early 1980's. No social media, they could walk to school, they could stay out until the outside lights came on, food was unadulterated,

Well, food was well on its way to being totally adultyerated, but the long term effects hadn't started in earnest yet.

When you went on an airplane you dressed up and there was no security,

This is the main reason I replied to this thread. My Dad was a pilot for Delta for 30+ years, retired as a Captain on the L-1011.

I remember fondly many times we would fly while my Dad was piloting, he would always come back and greet the passengers, if any kid had a birthday, they got to come up and sit in the cock-pit, we always got to go sit in the cock-pit, I even got to sit in the jump seat once when they landed - that was a gas! Back then, Delta's motto was 'Come fly the friendly skies', and my Dad said the worst day of his life was when some asshat (can't remember the name) took over as CEO when the long time CEO that I think was there when my Dad was hired, retired. Dad said the new guy just destroyed Delta as a company. Before, it was like a family. Afterwards, it... wasn't.

I also remember being greeted at the gate by family/friends, and being able to go into the airport and greet a friend at the gate as they came off their plane, no security, no nothing. Now you have to wait for them at baggage claim.

I think we have more problems on flights now, with all the security, than we ever had back then.

I know that 1980's weren't perfect, but I know one thing for sure, school shooter was not in our vocabulary, maybe ignorance was bliss.

Yeah... it was another world.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It seems like a fairly irrational fear statistically. They got us scared of the Soviets for political reasons, seems like the same thing with mass shootings. Neither is much of a threat.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It certainly has ...And Michigan is my home, and I'm an EMT...so I see much...and true, we just hear of more of these now a days w multimedia reporting

<< 1  2    4 >>

join