It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK civil war?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Gosh that funbobby sure turned this thread into a Muslim thing, I was thinking non religious, but politically and constitutionally inspired civil disorder and violence, nothing to do with citizen's faiths just as opposing citizens, remain/leave.
It's well off topic but I may as well give my opinion as it's gone there, I only know one family of Muslims in my area, local Bangladeshi restaurant, they are lovely ❤️ kids in local school, part of our community, never lived anywhere other than non Muslim majority places in UK.
M̶i̶s̶e̶r̶a̶b̶l̶e̶funbobby maybe doesn't realise that a civil war can't be won by like 5% of the UK population, images from Luton, or other places is not what the majority of the UK looks like.
Oh, and I forgot the local kebab shop, they're from Turkey at a nice family, I think they must be Muslim because the women wear beautiful pretty headscarves, the wife/mother had a lovely colourful one on a few weeks ago and I complimented her ☺️
...now back to civil war, I'm more scared of those Morris Dancers than Muslims! 😂😂😂

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

All that rhythmic stepping and the execution of choreographed moves.

Their agenda is plain and simple, a threat to this nation and then some.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think Funbobby is right - i have seen some Bollywood films and anyone that can jump 50m backwards and 30ft in height at the same time is a clear security risk.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Sounds like a spectacular circus performance to me, Brexit that is.

Then again anyone that can jump 50 meters backward and 30 feet in height at the same time would probably fill a tent as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Lmfao! I think ur right, maybe the morris people are our secret resistance against the marauding Muslims though, they have pigs bladders on sticks or something when they do their moves don't they! 😂😂😂
#ViveLaRevolution ✊✊✊

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow
or perhaps, rather, The Cloggies

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Haha, never heard of them, but blinkin eck they are northern boys! Like Morris men on steroids and coke!!!!!
Those pesky Muslims in those parts are #ed!!!! 😂😂😂

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Too late.

"Aug 01, 2018 · Sharia law has been recognised by a British court for the first time after a judge made a landmark divorce ruling which could change the way Islamic marriage and divorce works in the UK."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Not quite.

The High Court ruled that an estranged couple's Islamic faith marriage, conducted in a ceremony called a nikah, falls under British matrimonial law despite it not being legally recognised as such.

It just recognised that this couple were married in the eyes of our law and now they can get divorced - in accordance with our law - not sharia law.

So, it's not "too late" at all, is it? This is just scaremongering.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

So your law recognizes "Islamic faith marriage" and that's not Sharia creeping in?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You do understand why the court on that occasion chose to recognize the marriage?

So she could be free from an oppressive form of control, aka marriage under Sharia law ffs.

edit on 5-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No it really is not. The English Court just recognised that in the eyes of our law they were treated as though they were married to all intents and purpose and so the wife was entitled to have rights on divorce under English law. Rrather than no rights at all. Rights which will be pursued under our law and jurisdiction, not under sharia law.

Sorry, it is not the thin end of the wedge that you would apparently like it to be.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Look, stop making me agree with you. it's not right, you know?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

And, by the way, do you think that this decision - to give Muslim women rights on divorce - will go down well with certain Muslim men? I doubt it.
edit on 5-9-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The worlds went all topsy turvy and out of kilter eh?

Personally i blame astrology.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Can we just have a "None of the above" option?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So sharia does exist there? Otherwise it wouldn't be controlling anyone would it?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So essentially a contract made under sharia law is recognized by your courts but that is not empowering sharia law, got it.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's a slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Not really, no.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join