It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pointing a finger gun will now get you a misdemeanor

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I, for one, will exploit this new arms market.

I'm going to design a rail attachment for the human index finger. So people can mount red dots/reflex sights or lasers or even lights to their new "assault fingers".

Gawd forbid you paint your hand black, or wear a black glove!!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Seriously though, if pointing your finger at someone represents a threat of grave bodily injury, then does that mean I can shoot the next person who does it to me and claim...self defense...under threat of grave bodily harm or death?

I mean, it's the law, right? What's fair is fair.
edit on 8/31/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

And "Stinkfist" is a great TOOL song.

(Don't sue me!)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Or you could just play it cool like my boi Han Solo

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

THAT sir, is a poignant question.
Talk about a slippery slope this little stunt has created.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
---Breaking----

Metropolitan police have evacuated a 47 square block area of downtown Shermer, Illinois where 7 year old Brian Johnson (caucasion, middle class, geek) was shot in an armed confrontation with police. Johnson, who was shot 92 times by 17 different police officers, was pronounced dead at the scene. Two witnesses who only gave their first names as "Billy" (6) and "Tommy" (9) stated the three were playing cops and robbers in the yard when a nearby patrol car made a routine traffic stop on a motorist for running a stop sign. Suddenly, the two boys said, officers from "ten or twenty police cars" started shooting. Brian's lifeless body was said to have bounced around the yard for several minutes while the incident took place. At one point an officer emptied several consecutive magazines into Johnson at point blank range after he was down. Johnson was said to have been in possession of a illegal and unregistered "finger gun". Several officers have been placed on paid administrative leave pending an brief investigation.

---Update--- (3 minutes later)
The police investigation into the armed confrontation of several police officers by a 7 year old boy has concluded. Investigators determined officers were justified in their use of deadly force during the confrontation. Investigators noted that the helicopter gunships strafing the area may have been a bit of an overkill action, "but whatever".

Coming up next your traffic and weather.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Who really needs an index finger anyway?

Remove them all!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I had a BB gun in the mid 80s when I was a kid. I carried it out in public, down the streets, out into the fields where I played target practice with cans and bottles. It looked like a real rifle.

No one ever thought twice about it. Grown-ups know the sound of a real firearm discharging. If someone was up to no good, "the boys" would be on site in a jiffy to sort things out, even before the cops.

When culture mutates from the influences of toxic economic and educational policy, and things go south, suddenly there's a "gun problem" even though guns have been part of this nation for centuries.

Hell, I remember kids with gun racks in their trucks in my high school parking lot.

I think the workaholic, profit-driven, infinite growth in a finite world combined with unrealistic expectations amplified via social media is more responsible for our ills than we like to admit. But we gotta have that luxury car and brand name handbags to post on instagram or whatever, because we feel it's better to be envied than ignored in a world where people don't have time to love.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

No, looking at someone is a microagression, if they think it is, microagressions only exist in the mind of the victim not real life, making a "cut your throat" gesture is an open aggression, a threat. But of course a critical element for something to be a threat is the intent, your comment was clearly intended in jest. the fellow in the article was clearly intending for his gesture to be a threat.

If you could please post for me the statistics for death by finger, I'd be happy to look through them.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Nope, it means what it says, "keep and bear", that means you can own and carry arms, it does not say "brandish" there is no right to do that.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If someone did that in the heat of a conflict and then reached for their waistband would a reasonable person consider that a deadly threat?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Threats are fatal? No, death threats by themselves don't kill people, but they are illegal nonetheless, why do you think death threats are illegal?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Credible death threats are illegal, but even credible ones are rarely prosecuted. Please, what is credible about pointing a finger with a thumb raised that screams "OMG! My life is in DANGER!"?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Like any other threat the court will decide if it was credible based on the circumstances. If you are in a conflict with someone who may actually own a gun and then they do the gun fingers and make a shooting action at you and then go back in the house would a reasonable person be sure they are not going to come out with a real gun?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: povray

When culture mutates from the influences of toxic economic and educational policy, and things go south, suddenly there's a "gun problem" even though guns have been part of this nation for centuries.

Hell, I remember kids with gun racks in their trucks in my high school parking lot.

Not only was the HS parking lot filled with trucks, gun racks and rifles, but...our HS actually had a shooting range inside of it! "Marksmanship" was a class you could take for credit even! And, we had an after school shooting club. We would keep our rifles in our lockers along with the ammo. Nobody thought one iota about someone walking down the hallway with a rifle.

Nobody every shot up the school, nobody ever got in gunfights or went crazy. Nobody!

What changed????? People. People changed, that's what changed!

ETA - And those trucks, the ones with gun racks and rifles...they were always left unlocked. And...you left the keys in your ignition too in case someone needed to move your truck. Yep. Never a gun stolen.
edit on 9/1/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

If you are in a conflict with someone who may actually own a gun and then they do the gun fingers and make a shooting action at you and then go back in the house would a reasonable person be sure they are not going to come out with a real gun?

I certainly wouldn't expect them to. And the standard of "who might own a gun" is not a very good one; anyone you meet might own a gun.

To be honest, you sound a little paranoid. If someone points at you, is that a threat? You do realize all a finger gun is, is pointing with the thumb stuck up? That sounds a little paranoid to me. I wonder what the percentage of people who actually go get a real gun after using a finger gun is? Something like 0.0%, I'd wager... I've never heard of it happening.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Somebody pointed a finger gun at me...once.

Called in an air strike. Three waves of A-10's on strafing runs, and a B-52 ARCLIGHT incendiary sortie.

Stopped that S# like...right...NOW!!!

Scorched Earth, man...scorched earth!!

Homey don' play dat!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

these , Idiots need taking out the back and face a firing squad of finger guns!

, lets hop we dont get invaded by finger toting aliens who make first contact in Pennsylvania .

Kindergarten getting raided all over pennsylvania

mass arrests as 15 toddlers involved in "mexican stand off" at kindergarten today in Pennsylvania.

It was beleived there was a 15 strong gang of toddlers toting finger pistols at each other in the playground during recess today

little suzie 5 years old was quoted as saying " it was like hell on earth , I never seen so many finger guns , I felt so scared and threatened"

edit on 2-9-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I would not say there was a victim of micro aggression, but there was definitely a victim of micro something else. Was the afflicted an owner of an oversized pickup truck or Porsche by chance?

And as always, they can have my fingers when they ply them out of my cold dead hands.
edit on 2-9-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
With all the gun violence in America, you can't take any chances.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join