It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG releases report on Comey says he broke policy releasing memos to friend

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The Head of the FBI didn't think notes he took of meetings with the President while head of the FBI weren't property of the FBI?

C'mon now......

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Is there anything worse than an arrogant, self righteous liar?

Jame's Comey needs an apology like Jussie Smollet needs an apology.

If I was comey, Id ask for an apology too.

And you know what, why wouldnt he expect one.

Imagine his surprise when he could break policy and the law and release this info, get the exact special counsel he wanted, get trumps admin stymied for three years, become a hero to the same left that wanted his head a month earlier, and make millions of dollars selling a book, and in the end not get any punishment whatsoever other than people that already thought he was terrible continue to think he is terrible.

Can you blame a guy with a winning streak like that for asking for an apology after this report?

Heck maybe Barr can make up some Hero Medal to give him as savior of the country as well as letting him ff the hook!

edit on 29-8-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am terribly upset, just staying calm.

I am waiting for the full IG report, maybe I'll be even
further angered if he recommends prosecution
and none follows.

But I will not blame this on Trump, he has zero ability
to pressure a prosecution if the DOJ declines.

What this is teaching me is that Comey was a sneaky
bustard, he is a lawyer and he did what he did with
a plan to usurp authority and get away with it.
So in that, Comey is not surprised, he is a crafty liar
just like Hillary Clinton.

Same with Obama, he was a usurper.

I will not ever give these wretched men a victory
in taking my vote away from me.

edit on 29-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I agree, I just thought I may have missed something. Thanks for the clarification. I hope that Barr has declined prosecution in this instance, so he can go after Comey for the FISA abuse. Seems that the more charges you file against someone, the better chance you have the lawyers go after a plea deal so I would have charged him and let the pieces fall where they may.

I am wondering what a DC, or Virginia jury would do. We have witnessed Antifa as well as others in recent history go away free after the jury returns not guilty verdicts. Even with video evidence depicting the actual crime, so I wouldn't be surprised if all walk away from this, and wondering what's going on with the Flynn case, things that make you go hmmmm

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Comey is not surprised, he is a crafty liar

Exactly. They ponder and construct their web very carefully. The wording, the intentional omissions, the overuse of insight into personal thoughts with intent to redirect, seems to bumfuzzle and influence others, oh so slyly. Even prosecutors are affected by these smooooth operators....after all, they have been in "public service" for decades. (Phew!!)

Why are they treated differently than say.....a teacher? Maybe a teacher has "served" as a good and decent educator for a few years or even decades. If he/she crosses that line and misbehaves toward a child/student, those years of service will not matter, and should not matter. Good people can turn bad, and the past should not cancel out the current.

I don't care that Comey was a public employee. I don't care that he was a foster parent. I don't care that he is a family man. He overstepped the boundaries and let his god complex override proper procedure and law.

His god complex along with that of other so-called higher ups will be his downfall (and theirs). Americans should expect nothing less.

edit on 29-8-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You would think they would charge him to leverage those charges over him for whatever else they have in mind. You dont leave leverage on the table, unless he is/was already completly cooperative.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Like most... I am curious to see how this plays out.

It's just the opening shot so to speak, still got two more to go.

Trying to be optimistic... but it gets harder every day.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Word is, James Comey is telling prosecutor John Durham all he knows about his boss Loretta Lynch, her boss Barack Obama, and his Deputy Andy McCabe.

Because he signed three of the illegally obtained fisa applications, James Comey knows he is in hot water unless he cuts a deal before anyone else does.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

His snarkyness about this situation speaks otherwise imo.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
The Head of the FBI didn't think notes he took of meetings with the President while head of the FBI weren't property of the FBI?

C'mon now......

Oh Lordy - when you're knee-deep in an attempted coup and tasked with smearing the duly elected POTUS, one tends to interpret the law based upon biases based upon a made up fantasy.

It's a tough job, give the bloke a break.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

And once again we will have proven wrongdoing with no prosecution.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Word is nothing will happen to anyone, and half the country will sigh with relief the crime won't be punished and scream to get the orange man.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think it depends on what the definition of 'is' is.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Of course if and when they decide to prosecute, the left will scream about political prosecutions and dictatorship.

Fun times.

if that happens, they can politely be called idiot dumb asses and then ignored. But if there is not prosecution, I think it's safe to say that Trump, Barr, and anyone else involved hasen't a hair on their ass worth sticking up for and will be ridiculed away in short fashion. If Trump blows this one, I'll be championing Silly's posts and backing her up on the Trump hating. This is what I would consider an impeachable offence.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
And nothing was classified and no charges will be brought against Mr.Comey.

So minor break the rules and nothing more.

Lets remember that the leaked material was about the presidents obstruction of justice in the russia investigation.

Lets not forget that.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is no justice in our system.

You got that right.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Is that about on par with lying to the FBI about a non crime?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

I am terribly upset, just staying calm.

I am waiting for the full IG report, maybe I'll be even
further angered if he recommends prosecution
and none follows.

But I will not blame this on Trump, he has zero ability
to pressure a prosecution if the DOJ declines.

What this is teaching me is that Comey was a sneaky
bustard, he is a lawyer and he did what he did with
a plan to usurp authority and get away with it.
So in that, Comey is not surprised, he is a crafty liar

Same with Obama, he was a usurper.

I will not ever give these wretched men a victory
in taking my vote away from me.

not me. If Trump fails on this one, he's done. Facts don't get any easier to understand. It's been layed out for a couple years now. Either he makes damn sure some folks go to jail, or he will be known as the weakest bitch ever to occupy the white house.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You can't obstruct something that doesn't exist, like the Russian unicorn that the NYT admits nows needs to morph into 'everyone I don't like is a racist'.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Another lie Comey told:

He stated under oath he was only "briefing" Trump about the "Dossier".

The report stated the "intent of" the "Briefing" meeting was to gather intel for a Russian Probe.

Oops 😃

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join