It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smallest thing in the GOT finale that just drives me crazy!!!! SPOILERS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It's pretty pathetic when you watch a fictional show and project your personal political views on top of the narrative when it really has nothing to do with contemporary politics.

Is that the best you got? It's pretty pathetic when everything is driven by the let's politics and policies of hate. I don't make the rules, but I can certainly see where this world is heading and sometimes you just have to laugh at or pity people to get them to act or change their ways. Sorry if you find that pathetic :-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/20.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
There is zero chance the realm accepts a Stark King AND an independent Winter-fell..

There's not one left to oppose a Stark King. Two many great houses are gone.

The north is too big and too hard to control. What does King's Landing need from the north anyway? I don't see a problem with the north seeking its independence.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I liked the last scene ended being where the first scene occurred.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're a naive fool if you believe that there is anything on tv that comes out of Hollywood without a political message or undertone.

Do you live under a bunch of masonry stones?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
I'd say because the liberal/Dem message on the face is tolerance but the underlying message through their actions is manipulation, deceit, intolerance and hate.

If you don't think conservative/Retardicans are just as bad as "liberal/Dem"s then you are completely delusional. You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character. PC exists on both sides.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Is that the best you got?

Nah, I got plenty more than that.

It's pretty pathetic when everything is driven by the let's politics and policies of hate.

What the hell show have you been watching? The entire series, novels and TV, is about politics and hate and how it gets you killed. Sounds like Martin's themes went over your head.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You're a naive fool if you believe that there is anything on tv that comes out of Hollywood without a political message or undertone.

Except it came from novel's where the author laid out his themes and made them clear where he derived them from. The panty twisting in this thread about them being PC is just as dopey as the tool who wrote that the overarching theme was about global warming. Hur-dur.

Do you live under a bunch of masonry stones?

You should ask your joke writer for a refund.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

edit on 20-5-2019 by neo96 because: wrong thread. Sorry.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

in Jon killing daenarys it says it's ok to kill bad rulers. I don't know if that was a pc dig against conservative governments or a Conservative dig against liberal governments, but liberal governments appear to be the most dangerous and fiscally irresponsible

Manchurian candidates have now been activated - Bushes, Obamas, Clintons are going down

hahahaha

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Didnt they run out of book material after season 5 or 6?

I heard that's where the show started to change.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

edit on 20-5-2019 by neo96 because: wrong thread. Sorry.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'd say because the liberal/Dem message on the face is tolerance but the underlying message through their actions is manipulation, deceit, intolerance and hate.

If you don't think conservative/Retardicans are just as bad as "liberal/Dem"s then you are completely delusional. You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character. PC exists on both sides.

Lol. I do enjoy being tag-teamed, but it generally involves two real women, hot tubs, swimming pools or beds :-)

I have no hate :-) any situations I have been involved in were just business.

There is generally a percentage of every group or ideology that's literally crazy, it doesn't matter which group. You have your zealots, fanatics, ideological malignancies, etc. I just find that liberalism tends to equate more with a mental disease, similar to religious fanatics and terrorists. I was even a "liberal" once, but I was quite young, like still in school.

Once I went out and worked, things changed, the reality of this construct came more to the forefront and I adapted away from liberalism. When I worked NCO for the military in weapons r&d, my outlook changed even more conservative, because in the killing fields any ideological fantasy is quickly washed away in blood. Even then, I had no hate, it was just a quota based business, every dead terrorist saved potentially a thousand people, good numbers and I did my job well creating the systems of reality liberation and unhappy endings

So, I do agree with you that every ideology has its share of crazed fanatics, it's just that liberalism seems to produce percentages of insane zealots considerably higher than even Muslim terrorists. I am sorry that your "group" ideology presents this face to the world. Your ideology claims tolerance and then exhibits none by being intolerant of their own divided groups. It's something to be pitied, not glorified in its divisiveness.

I actually feel very sorry for people trapped in that kind of delusion.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/20.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Absolutely a piss-poor effort to end the show.

The thing that pissed me off most is how Jamie and Cersei died. Two completely wasted opportunities.

For one we have Jamie, who started as one of the cruelest assholes in Westeros. Throughout the show, he grew to understand that there was more to the world than his obsessive love for Cersei and became one of the most beloved characters. He earned respect from so many people inside and outside the show, and then decides, "No, I'm still just that same asshole Jamie Lannister." and throws it all away.

And then we have Cersei. The most hated person in Westeros. What an opportunity to give someone, anyone really, a chance to complete their journey. Jamie, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Dany (who sort of killed her), Grey Worm... you could've even had Bron or Brienne kill her and it would've done more for the story. Bron would've shown that he's grown into more than just a mercenary and that his friendships matter more. Brienne, who has completed her duties in life, could've finally done something for her own self-interests and killed Cersei so she and Jamie could be together. Perhaps it could be in some heroic fashion where Cersei is about to kill Jamie, but Brienne swoops in and save the day. Nope, instead, Cersei is going to die in Jamie's arms to show that incestual love conquers all... unless of course you're Jon Snow and you're in incestual love with the Mad Queen. Then a knife will do just fine to conquer incestual love.

I'd say the only person I didn't think would kill Cersei was Yara. But they left her story incomplete as well. "Oh, she goes and takes back the Iron Islands." B******lsh********t. Have her and Euron go at it, and in the end, she stabs him in the nuts and says, "Looks like now I'm the only Greyjoy with any balls."

The only character endings that were fitting, in my mind, were Theon and Jorah, and maybe Euron, but who the f*** really gave two s***s about what happened to Euron. He killed one of Dany's dragons, so just have Drogon burn him at some point in the battle. Drogon and Dany get retribution, an opportunity is not wasted and everyone is happier.

I, my friends, and millions of fans could have written far better material than the drivel that was produced. Really just a less than feeble attempt to reward the viewers.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

in Jon killing daenarys it says it's ok to kill bad rulers. I don't know if that was a pc dig against conservative governments or a Conservative dig against liberal governments, but liberal governments appear to be the most dangerous and fiscally irresponsible

Manchurian candidates have now been activated - Bushes, Obamas, Clintons are going down

hahahaha

One can hope that they take Trudeau and macron with them. There is a lot of corruption out there, past and present. I have just been waiting for trump to take the recently metaphorical Jon snow scene to its conclusion. Orange is the new liberal/democrat lol

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Didnt they run out of book material after season 5 or 6?

I heard that's where the show started to change.

They had the outline for how it ended before they began.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It was a different approach in having brienne write Jamie’s knighthood accomplishments.
Should of been his brother at the very least.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
It was a different approach in having brienne write Jamie’s knighthood accomplishments.
Should of been his brother at the very least.

His brother is not in the King's Guard, only they are allowed to write in the book.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here’s an article about a petition towards HBO to have the series written by more competent writers lol.
And apparently some water bottles found their way into the finale.

GoT article

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is that the best you got?

Nah, I got plenty more than that.

It's pretty pathetic when everything is driven by the let's politics and policies of hate.

What the hell show have you been watching? The entire series, novels and TV, is about politics and hate and how it gets you killed. Sounds like Martin's themes went over your head.

That was a generalization. Something like tail-wag-dog, where vocal extremist minorities scream as loud as possible to change public policy (for the worse). Two movies for you to watch, "wag the dog" involves the kinds of policies and manipulation that will get us to the democrat's "idiocracy."

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That was a generalization.

So? Your generalization, according to the author, is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join