It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smallest thing in the GOT finale that just drives me crazy!!!! SPOILERS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yes the final season was rushed and the final curve of a lot of character arcs were right angles... but strangely one super tiny thing pisses me off more...

There is zero chance the realm accepts a Stark King AND an independent Winter-fell..

I don’t care if we are talking about peasants or nobles...

There is zero chance that stuff would fly..

This book made its name on realistic political intrigue and I just found this totally world breaking!!

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
From what I heard, if that's the only thing that bothers you, then you have a low bar.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

I've never watched the show but from what I've heard they bitch slapped seven seasons of character development.

And to put the cherry on top, the two clowns that wrote the season are heading to Disney to do the next star wars trilogy.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

After all the character build up and patiently built scenarios from the previous seasons, we could've at least expected some honesty in the final episode, something like Daenerys, as she was dying:

"Well this is a totally rushed script and normally other things would happen, but due to the deadline and script writers counting the Hollywood cash and running out of creative ideas, we decided this would happen"

And then die, with a close-up, as an empty Starbucks cup hits the ground in slow motion, before rolling over a few times

Perfect ending

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You have to admit the nobles reaction to democracy was precious.

I was okay with the finale. This whole season was rushed. All the Stark children essentially ended up on top. I'm okay with with it. I like Ayra captaining the ship. I like the way Sansa ended up. John going with the wildings was a little strange. I like Bran becoming king.

What happened to the Dothraki?

Other than the Dothraki, even though season 8 was a little weak, the rest of it is pretty terrific on whole.

The dragon wing scene behind Daenerys was a really cool visual.

edit on 20-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

RE: "Starbucks cup"

LOL!

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Daenerys:

Hey, I've been a strong woman through so much diversity all this time, and you never got any impression that I was even hinting at breaking, but sure ... script says I'm nuts, so I AM!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

BURN, BURN, BURN IT ALL!

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I don't think that's a lot to moan about. I found the finale very lacking, very rushed, like they had to wind it all up to suit producers, not audiences. I liked that Arya took off, that was a good fit. It would have been better if she had killed cersi. I also expected Arya to kill daenarys, that would have been fitting and Jon could have ruled as the other side of the targaryan coin. Bran being made king I found stupid, he already stated that he only lives in the past. Sanza as queen of the north I expected and it fits with the pc crowd. Jon being banished to castle black and the wall doesn't fit.

The whole ending has a distasteful pc flavour to it.

The disabled asexual guy becomes king
The woman becomes queen of the north
The coloured guys just go back where they came from
The white guy gets banished
The strange little girl goes on an adventure

Eta: one last thing, in Jon killing daenarys it says it's ok to kill bad rulers. I don't know if that was a pc dig against conservative governments or a Conservative dig against liberal governments, but liberal governments appear to be the most dangerous and fiscally irresponsible.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/20.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: Eta

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"thanks for everything Jon now get your bum ass up north and don't father children"

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You have to admit the nobles reaction to democracy was precious.

Republic and the Electoral college.

What's your reaction?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

"thanks for everything Jon now get your bum ass up north and don't father children"

It's like what did he come back from the dead for?

As far as Gods go.

The Lord of Light sucks.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: JDmOKI

It's like what did he come back from the dead for?

As far as Gods go.

The Lord of Light sucks.

His brother and sister rule while he did all the work to save everyone from the boltons the undead and Dany and they do nothing to save the true hero.

Just send his ass to the wall in disgrace. Does anyone really think the people would accept bran stark of an independent kingdom who sent his brother to the wall and can't father children? Helllll no

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

edit on 20-5-2019 by JDmOKI because: Dp

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I was soooo hoping that as Jon and the wildlings made their way into the forest they would come across the bodies of dead in one the shape of the symbol from the first season.

I wonder how long till we have the first of many GoT spin offs.
The series was too much of a cash cow to just end it there.
Look at what AMC is doing to the walking dead.
edit on 20-5-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Not really seeing the political correctness in that, as a matter of fact how is it PC if the colored guys 'go back where they came from'?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Why would they even try.

They wanted him out of the way.

Mostly because Sansa was scheming to get rid of him, and two even Arya's opinion of him changed.

After finding out who his parents were.

And that's another thing that didn't make sense.

Even Jon said what he did didn't feel right, and being sent to the KW would be penance.

But nope.

Just takes of for Au Nord.

Blah.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I wonder how long till we have the first of many GoT spin offs.

It's in preproduction already, end of next year, beginning of the following.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I've never watched the show but from what I've heard they bitch slapped seven seasons of character development.

And to put the cherry on top, the two clowns that wrote the season are heading to Disney to do the next star wars trilogy.

You don't mean star wars movies with sex scene's? (ghasp of shocked horror) and poor plot lines - were did they get these guy's from in the first place anyway the blue movie industry.

Disney need to get there act in order.

If they really wanted to do star wars spin off's why not poach the guy's behind John Wick for the fight scene's (fine they would have to make them slightly less violent so as not to scare the kid's and keep pencil's out of reach) and the guy's behind the first guardians' of the Galaxy to add some humor and adventure to the movies as well as returning the feel good factor both the first Guardian's of the Galaxy movie and the first Star Wars movie shared in common at the end.

Mind you they might want to be paid a fair rate and the movies for Disney are more about franchise spin off's these day's.

Be nice if they stopped filling them with butt ugly characters though and put some better looking actors.

Seem's like these day's everything on screen has to have a token gay couple or lead character - at least the Orville did that right and made it very funny indeed and yaffit is my favorite character now (he's not gay just a sentient jello that has a thing for the doctor which lead's to one of the funniest intimate scenes in any show so far and other than that he's just a normal guy, green - translucent amorphous blob a bit like me actually with my shirt off but smaller, less hairy and green).

You know I would LOVE to see the guy behind the Orville do a serious star wars movie, he is definitely talented and it would most likely be better than any since the original series if he put his heart into it.

Usually if the cast and crew have fun making something you actually get to feel that in the finished movie or show.

edit on 20-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Not really seeing the political correctness in that, as a matter of fact how is it PC if the colored guys 'go back where they came from'?

I'd say because the liberal/Dem message on the face is tolerance but the underlying message through their actions is manipulation, deceit, intolerance and hate. Dems seem to just want to use races as a divisive means to obtain power and then more power. After they're done with the ones they don't find useful, they'll send them packing. You might claim that's a conservative attitude but I have seen it much more prevalent in lieberals.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It's pretty pathetic when you watch a fictional show and project your personal political views on top of the narrative when it really has nothing to do with contemporary politics.

edit on 20-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join