It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pompeo to UK: Don't use Huawei or you will lose sharing of intel!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Use Cisco instead, we have all the backdoors for those!
Source

What a time to be alive, they do not even care to hide their plans anymore.. And now its not just us lowlies being peons, but whole nations are being bullyed to be peons.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Use Cisco instead, we have all the backdoors for those!
Source

What a time to be alive, they do not even care to hide their plans anymore.. And now its not just us lowlies being peons, but whole nations are being bullyed to be peons.

Tyranny marches on, it knows no bounds absent a gun to its head but then thats why it has spent the last 20 years putting individual and group surveillance technology in place, to make sure that cant happen.

Only a government on orders from above or a government that has wronged its citizens and therefore fears its citizens would do that.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I believe you opening post falls short of the required content.
Why don't you flesh this out and entice some others to want to read your concern.

(post by network dude removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Ah, don't trust their technology, it might spy on you!

With our tech you can be assured that we will be spying on you.

But we'll probably share the information we gather, back to you. If you don't let us spy, we won't give you any intelligence.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thats the truth of it. It all spies on you. We know that now. So then you need to ask would you rather the Chinese or the NSA spying on you..

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sorry.. I stupidly thought my opinion might matter.

Thanks for putting me in my place dude.
I can always count on you.

Oh and good morning to you too.
edit on 592019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It is a sound a d reasonable request. China are our enemy rivals. Why would they essentially give the Chinese open access to their intelligence knowing they will be hacking everything.

It is in the interest of liberty and national security to not work with the Chinese in sensitive matters.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Huawei is nothing more than a front for Chinese Intelligence, so this isn't an unreasonable request in the slightest.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I agree with Pompeo , China shouldn't be allowed anywhere near sensitive infrastructure like telecoms or power generation.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I don't like Pompeo, but I think he's right on this one.

China is notorious for state and corporate espionage. The US has corporate espionage cases in every state involving a Chinese national.

To be fair, the US hasn't always been innocent when it comes to spying on our friends, but our interests closely align with that of the UK.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I believe you opening post falls short of the required content.
Why don't you flesh this out and entice some others to want to read your concern.

congrats on Moderator status! It's always nice to see members who are elevated to Moderator jobs. Oh wait, you aren't a moderator. Well in that case, your post isn't needed. A better move would be to hit the alert button and let a REAL moderator laugh at you and ignore assist with this.

She is just trolling and coming up with Silly one or two liners with no conversational content as usual ... hence her name mate.

ATS keep her for the giggles.

Lags
edit on 9-5-2019 by Lagomorphe because: She is stupid.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The reasonable solution to this is.. using us-american gear from Cisco? Which has many, many, many *documented* leaks and I guess a lot more only known to the NSA?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: gortex

The reasonable solution to this is.. using us-american gear from Cisco? Which has many, many, many *documented* leaks and I guess a lot more only known to the NSA?

People are welcome to develop their own technology.

But a western country has more to lose with China than the US IMO.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Ah, don't trust their technology, it might spy on you!

With our tech you can be assured that we will be spying on you.

But we'll probably share the information we gather, back to you. If you don't let us spy, we won't give you any intelligence.

Sun Tzu says all warfare is by deception. That was 2500 years ago and nothing has or ever will change concerning that. Espionage is important to Sun Tzu also.
edit on 9-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ever heard of HCSEC ("Huawei Security Evaluation Center") in the UK?

Founded by the NCSC ("National Cyber Security Centre"). Lead by Robert Hannigan, former Director of the GCHQ.

Well, they never found proof or hints of backdoors in Huaweis' hardware (Paywall, I am sorry).

Oh, there is Huaweis' Security Lab in Bonn/Germany, where the German BSI (Federal Office for Information Security) is allowed to deep-inspect sourcecodes of Huawei hardware.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Didn't Canada arrest the head of that organization for spying?

Well this IS from the Washington ComPost.
www.washingtonpost.com...[edit by]edit on 9-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Intel resigned from designing hardware for 5G. This is not an easy task.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Meng Wanzhou was arrested not for spying but for commercial contacts and acts against the USA-inspired sanctions against Iran.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

In a report issued today, the HCSEC Oversight Board—a panel including officials from the National Cyber Security Centre, GCHQ and other agencies, as well as a senior executive from Huawei—warned that Huawei had failed to make long-promised changes to its software development and engineering practices needed to improve security.

“HCSEC’s work has continued to identify concerning issues in Huawei’s approach to software development bringing significantly increased risk to UK operators,” the oversight board members noted. “No material progress” had been made in correcting those problems since they were noted last year.

In addition, audits and reviews by the HCSEC had found “further significant technical issues in Huawei’s engineering practices,” the board noted. And while Huawei had promised to make major investments in correcting its problems—promising to invest $2 billion in security engineering improvements over five years—the board remained unconvinced based on their review:
link

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join