It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I believe in the death penalty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Did you not even read the thread title ?

I don't happen to believe in the death penalty. If that helps.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
God damnthis tablet

edit on 1-5-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Do you feel ok ?

I am alldaylong. What are you on ?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Stop, its5am and I'm using a tablet. Can barely see read this thing

:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nah death is too good for them, personally I prefer hard labour camps with life sentences in real prisons, no wifi, crap food, no tv, just the occasional terrifying shower.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

i has a suspicion :

if faced with the death penalty - people tend not to confess

if its policy - that confession = mandatory execution - would you confess ??

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: JAGStorm

How about those who are executed but later found to have been innocent ?

Prosecutors and cops many times rush wrong person to judgment. I don't trust any of them with a life.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lowballer

Prosecutors and cops many times rush wrong person to judgment.

Good thing they are not judges and jurors , huh ?
Geez

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lowballer

Prosecutors and cops many times rush wrong person to judgment. I don't trust any of them with a life.

Make them liable for their faulty actions. If a prosecutor withholds information to get a guilty verdict they should be tried for a death penalty case of their own.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I'm all for the death penalty in "cut and dry" cases... we got you on video and unquestionable evidence. You should go from court house to the chair. As far as I am concerned, death row should always be empty...

Public executions.

This case tugged at my heart. Mother of three killed in front of kids at a cellphone on Chicago's southside by stray bullet. She was at the store to buy one of her kids a cell phone for getting good grades. Two men outside of the store started shooting at each other.... pathetic.

Mother of Three Shot & Killed

Yeah maybe chop off their heads in a sporting arena, just like ISIS
I am not against the death penalty

I am against it being a gore festival

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Wouldn't those who are against the death penalty would also be against using the military to kill in the mid east over religion, energy or terror attacks.

I doubt all are true to that belief.

So the US does have a death penalty, just not against their own criminals

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Respectfully, I do.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It could happen but extremely rare. If the death penalty is used publicly people on the fringes would be more circumspect. You can’t save them all. I say, tall tree short rope, works best.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm for more death penalty.
And no more 20 years on death row.
more death penalty and i say as soon as all your appeals or 5 years passes , times up. none of this living the good life on our tax dollars for 30 yrs #.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Let's go one step further. Public Executions. National TV Executions. Back in the day it was used as a reminder to the public why you don't break the laws and rules of men. Now for some strange reason because we are "civilized" which if you get out of your 100k homes and take a look around. We are really not all that "civilized"

The public needs it. Kids must see it and must see it.

"Dad, what's going on?"
"They are making sure this bad man never walks again."
"What did he do?"
"He killed people son. This is why you must treat those around you with respect and kindness. If not you go down a bad road of pain and sadness. Then because of that. You are going to want to make others feel that pain and sadness."
"So, be good and I won't be hanging from that tree."
"Good boy."

We know there's prison and the death penalty but ask a lot of people and depending on the place. Jail and prison is not all that bad. Free meals, roof, bed, education. Those that grow around crime see all the money, and how easy it is. The RUSH I bet is incredible.

I can bet if we executed people on tv. Crime would drop. Not disappear, that would never go away. Fear is a powerful motivator.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Let's go one step further. Public Executions. National TV Executions. Back in the day it was used as a reminder to the public why you don't break the laws and rules of men. Now for some strange reason because we are "civilized" which if you get out of your 100k homes and take a look around. We are really not all that "civilized"

The public needs it. Kids must see it and must see it.

"Dad, what's going on?"
"They are making sure this bad man never walks again."
"What did he do?"
"He killed people son. This is why you must treat those around you with respect and kindness. If not you go down a bad road of pain and sadness. Then because of that. You are going to want to make others feel that pain and sadness."
"So, be good and I won't be hanging from that tree."
"Good boy."

We know there's prison and the death penalty but ask a lot of people and depending on the place. Jail and prison is not all that bad. Free meals, roof, bed, education. Those that grow around crime see all the money, and how easy it is. The RUSH I bet is incredible.

I can bet if we executed people on tv. Crime would drop. Not disappear, that would never go away. Fear is a powerful motivator.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I agree with you and would add pedophiles who have raped children, as well as other rapists to be put to death. It's sad that the unborn from rapes are the ones who are murdered instead of puting to death the rapists. But that's what happens when human life which can't defend themselves are devalued of their humanity, meanwhile real beasts who stop being human when they murder or rape are allowed to keep breathing.

edit on 1-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: MisterSpock

i has a suspicion :

if faced with the death penalty - people tend not to confess

if its policy - that confession = mandatory execution - would you confess ??

In my reference, do you expect someone that goes to a mall and throws a child off the 3rd floor to have the capacity of rational thought?

You're right, to a degree though. I'd expect after his arrest, admission of guilt and then once in court and realizing the charges(and punishment) for them to rescind their admission. But at that point I think the damage has been done.

Once again, that initial admission, plus eyewitnesses and any video proof should be enough to garner a more than reasonable expectation of punishment being rendered on a guilty suspect.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

So killing people is bad, unless we call them 'bad' people, then it's ok to kill people?

Is it ok for 'good' people, to kill 'bad' people?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I believe in the death penalty because I don't believe a rabid dog is evil (I don't believe in supernatural forces). Just beyond help. You wouldn't torture a rabid dog to death for eating someone's child. You'd just euthanize the dog. Best outcome for everyone.
edit on 1-5-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join