It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we have reparations to black folk?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I didn't say the only country that fought for, but the only country that fought a war.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Take it up with Thomas Sowell.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would call White guys..... killing 400,000 slavery loving other white guys...... reparations enough...... and the 200,000 that died doing it to them..... a little bonus reperation

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Ugh. That is embarrassing, but true. Hate that 'that' is true of our North American history. Very cringeworthy. *blush*

edit on 5-4-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: corrected a blemish

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: thedigirati

While we are at it, let's teach about all the Native Genocide, The California Genocide, the forced sterilizations of people of Mexican Descent, the imprisonment of Native kids in assimilation schools, etc

Hey I know.... let’s have the UN declare that Egypt must pay the Jews reparation for having to build the pyramids under the lash.
The Democrats know there’s no real justice in this.... but Marxism feeds off race and class warfare.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: LSU2018

Imagine where this country would be if blacks hadn't been brought here and enslaved. I think gaining freedom is worth more than any amount of money they can receive. 

Freedom is a civil right and enslavement of black folk showed the hypocrisy this country was founded on. No idea where you're trying to go with these statements, but it sounds like you're trying to say slavery was a positive....
Were you aware that the US was not the only country that had slaves? Maybe we can get Africa to pay reparations too because they sold their own into shavery. Oh by the way, Michelle Obama’s Family is reputed to have been slaveowners.
While Democrats are focusing on their little Marxist plan of income redistribution, it’s taking the focus on all of us being slaves to the Royal
Cabal and 13 bloodline families.
edit on 5-4-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ
Yes, Christians were some of the first abolitionists.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX
Then send them back. My point was that they ended up better off.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
I would call White guys..... killing 400,000 slavery loving other white guys...... reparations enough...... and the 200,000 that died doing it to them..... a little bonus reperation

WTF?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
My white ancestors did not have slaves and lived a very poor life. If the slave owner desendents pay for it and pay me too then ok.

Yes. At the time of the Civil War, the population of the Northern states was more than double that of the Southern (Slave owning) states.

2/3 of the white people in the USA at that time fought a bloody war to free the black slaves.

So if you want to talk about racism, how is it not racist to blame 100% of the white population for the actions of 33% of the white people? How do the other 66% get blamed?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Isn't blaming a whole race for the actions of a few members of that race kind of racist?

Does racism have any other definition than that?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Isn't blaming a whole race for the actions of a few members of that race kind of racist?

Does racism have any other definition than that?

They were aplenty and reparations should be considered. Just saying. It was really, really bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Does England then get repairations for the Norman Conquest?

Just curious how far back this goes.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Will England have to chip in, because their textile mills were buying the cotton?

By the logic I'm being presented with, EVERY beneficiary of the slave trade owes something, whether they (or rather their now distant ancestors) kept any slaves or not.

England's empire was vast at the time, so technically EVERY former colony of England owes something. India, Burma, certainly Hong Kong (which means China would owe because they now possess Hong Kong.)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
CORY "Spartacus" BOOKER just introduced a Reparations bill to the Senate.

www.foxnews.com...

What would be a good HOAX that one of Cory's friends could pull, to help get the bill passed?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I think reparations should have happened a long time ago. Black people did get screwed by slavery

Exactly , You need to go back to the Black African tribes that captured the opposing tribe members and then sold them to the whitey mc whiteys.

So when do we go to Africa to get the reparation?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
While we are at it, let's go to Morocco and people of European descent can get repairations for all the white people who were captured from their homes by the Barbary pirates, and taken back to Morocco to be sold as slaves.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
so if Britain was to pay reparations that means that even people of colour in the Uk will pay for reparations with their taxes ?
or is it just white UK taxpayers who have to pay reparations ?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Zimnydran

WTF?

(Psssst.... It's a reference to the Civil War)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Never going to happen and it would only be a couple of hundred bucks per person and would cost way more than that to sort it all out.

Fewer than 350,000 enslaved people were imported into the Thirteen Colonies and the U.S., constituting less than 5% of the twelve million enslaved people brought from Africa to the Americas. The great majority of enslaved Africans were transported to sugar colonies in the Caribbean and to Brazil.

350,000 will have a few million decedents alive to divide the pie with. Pieces will be really small

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join