It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unopend secret chamber under sphinx in Giza Plateau ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
One reason that Zahi and other Egyptologist don't take kindly to the fringe is the way the fringe explains why and how they (the Egyptologist) don't know about these other civilizations. The fringe holds they are either stupid, corrupt or just incompetent. Needless to say the Egyptologist return the feeling.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The most recent prophecy (that I know of) involving a chamber under the sphinx is from a Russian boy named Boriska.
He says there is an entrance on one of the ears that will open.

Here is the link for more info on Boriska: www.projectcamelot.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion52

I read that! Incredible!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm glad you liked it! I was amazed when I read it too. He goes into too much detail for it to be disproved easily,plus he was so young. I really do hope it's true!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't know a whole lot about this topic, infact i have only recently taken interest in it. But i do have somewhat of a theory. I believe that what ever is in these hidden tunnels could very well change the face of history as we know it. But for some reason goverment officials are making it a point to either keep us out or keep us from knowing what is really down there, I mean seriously if there is some ancient "library" so to say that contains centuries if not millenia of forgoten knowlage that would completley change the way we view life and that alot of the "people on top" are very wrong in what they want us to believe...why would they let us know about it?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Good guestion and theory AATS person

Lets look at it

1. It assumes all governments think alike and all have the same knowledge - this is highly unlikely imho. If there was in fact such a place I have little doubt that it would be opened immediately.

2. It assumes that these governments knows what is there? How do they know that?

3. "They" have somehow kept these tunnels secret despite not controlling the site for thousands of years in the past.

4. OR the theory of special stuff under the Sphinx has been made up in modern times.....a check shows that speculation about what was under the Sphinx shows up first in the 19th century. (AFAIK) - besides just general thoughts of treasures - the Sphinx shows signs of having been dug into in the past.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You all forget that this is a muslim state and if any information at all was forthcoming to cast doubt or disprove Islamic history there is no way ever that information would be allowed out.

That is why they tread carefully.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nyeff

he is the only one that oversees all antiques and is the only one with access to them. oh and he has to be there whenever something is discovered before they open in.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Surely if they discovered something under the Sphinx it would boost world Egyptian interest & tourism many times beyond what it is now - I see no reason for authorities to hide a find.

I assume the reason that they will not allow people to start digging under a most cherished monument is the damage it may cause - I remember recently that the Sphinx went through a huge restoration exercise when it was literally falling apart due to pollution and other external factors.

Can anybody attest for the geology in Giza - If memory serves me correct - there is a pocketed limestone base - which has many deep natural caves and chambers? I do remember the Discovery Channel show where they did sonar pinging and do find several cavities below the Sphinx, but apparently this is common in the surrounding area.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The Sphinx is built/cut out of limestone. The limestone on which it sits is like, limestone everywhere, full of cracks and fissures from water movement

In 1973-4 . . . the first in a series of serious pioneering projects was launched, using ground-penetrating radar and other high-tech remote sensing equipment to locate "anomalies" under the bedrock beneath the Sphinx. These projects were channeled through well-established academic institutions - the Ain Shams University in Cairo and the prestigious Stanford Research Institute (SRI) in the USA.

There was a another search in 1977

In the first one cameras were sent down....and they found normal limestone fissures.

No one is going to excavate under the Sphinx because to do so your going to have to cut thru previously UNCUT limestone, that isn't excavation that mining.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by nyeff

he is the only one that oversees all antiques and is the only one with access to them. oh and he has to be there whenever something is discovered before they open in.

Can you blame the poor guy? - If anything goes wrong or gets damaged - im sure it's his neck on the line.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by twodee

In the Giza area that is his job. He's also a bit of an egotiscal dude, so he tends to get a bit of media coverage.

Trivia question, who was his predecessor? Don't know? He WASN'T a media hound and so most people have never heard of him yet he operated in the same way as Hawass.

Remember that Egypt was open for looting for thousands of years. It was the French and British who slowly brought it under control and past that control to the Egyptians. Uncontrolled looting still continues in the countryside at an alarming rate.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by twodee

In the Giza area that is his job. He's also a bit of an egotiscal dude, so he tends to get a bit of media coverage.

Trivia question, who was his predecessor? Don't know? He WASN'T a media hound and so most people have never heard of him yet he operated in the same way as Hawass.

Remember that Egypt was open for looting for thousands of years. It was the French and British who slowly brought it under control and past that control to the Egyptians. Uncontrolled looting still continues in the countryside at an alarming rate.

Hawass has been there for ages, I can remember watching Egyptian documentaries when I was just a kid and he was there, with his Indian Jones style hat

Was he elected or is it a private position?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by twodee

His boss is the Minister of Culture, a Farouk Hosni I believe he works for the government of Egypt.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by twodee
Hawass has been there for ages, I can remember watching Egyptian documentaries when I was just a kid and he was there, with his Indian Jones style hat

Was he elected or is it a private position?

It's a job.

He works for the Council on Antiquities, and can be fired by them at will.

Harte

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi

I don't know if this is relevent in your search but another "prediction" as it were, on this subject. This is from Boriska who claims to be a an Indigo Child.

Another time he began to remember a lot after seeing the illustrations in a second book by Muldashev, "In Search of the City of Gods." About burial chambers and the pyramids. He said that they would find knowledge not under the pyramid of Cheops but under a different one. But they have not found it yet. "Life will change when they open the Sphinx," he said, and added that the Sphinx will open somewhere behind the ear, but he can't remember exactly where. He talks engagingly, when the inspiration comes, about the Mayan civilization, feeling that people do not know very much about that fascinating people.

Full Interview

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by farther84

Thanks Father 84. This subject is LONG on predictions and very, very short on evidence.

Oh and

Dr. Sayed Tawfik was Hawass's predecessor but he worked for the Egyptian Antiquities Organization which is what the council was called until 1994 - I think. Zahi became the big cheese in 2002

[edit on 19/12/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningtonCrescent

Thats right, there is a chamber under the sphinx. They had to get permission from the Egyptian government, at first they refused even a sonar test, finally gave in and the person out to prove ole Edgar wrong was indeed wrong himself! There was a chamber and the government denied any digging! Edgar whack or not, has came up with some pretty impressive stuff!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Dr. Rufus Red (a friend of mine) told me that when he lived in Egypt and was researching there the hidden compartment under the spjinx was a place that was full of evil and must never be let out. He thought at one point the greys might have been dumping toxic spiritual waste there.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join