It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina boy, 3, who went missing, says he ‘hung out with a bear for 2 days’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A 3-year-old North Carolina boy who had been missing since Tuesday was found alive Thursday night, the Craven County sheriff said. Casey Lynn Hathaway, 3, disappeared on Tuesday from his grandmother’s backyard while playing with other children, the Craven County Sheriff’s Office said.

The FBI, state investigators and the U.S. Marine Corps from nearby bases at Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point joined the effort to find the boy. Hundreds of professional searchers and volunteers searched for the boy, checking ponds on a nearby property and using drones to scan nearby land. The terrain was described as treacherous, with flooded areas and sinkholes, and "even the trained searchers are having trouble navigating safely," the sheriff’s office said earlier Thursday.
On Thursday, Hathaway was found. He was located in brush in a wooded area about a quarter-mile away from where he went missing by professional search and rescue teams, the FBI said. Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes said he doesn't believe the boy was in the area where he was found the entire time he was missing and likely moved around.
On Friday, the boy’s aunt posted an update on the boy on Facebook.
“Casey is healthy, smiling and talking,” Breanna Hathaway wrote. “He said he hung out with a bear for two days God sent him a friend to keep him safe. God is good God. Miracles do happen.”
David Paulides is a former police detective who is now an investigator and writer known primarily for his self-published books, one dedicated to proving the reality of Bigfoot, and his Missing 411 series of books, in which he documents the disappearance of people in national parks and elsewhere. This is a classic 411 case that turned out for the better.
www.nbcnews.com...
www.charlotteobserver.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

All I want for Christmas is a bear!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me for it to be true.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
It wouldn't surprise me for it to be true.

Thank you, this is why I posted it.
Fortunately, this 411 had a successful ending (many do not).
Perhaps this "Bear" could not evade the massive S&R teams, Marines and LEO's, and decided to release it's prey.
Jesse Wilson of Phoenix AZ (4 feet tall, weighs about 60 pounds) was last seen wearing a red shirt on 7/2016. He was never found. Jesse is another classic M411 case.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Guardian angel disguised as a bear.

(post by TheMasterOne removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No doubt, something strange is happening in our forests and parks.

I wouldn't be surprised if what's out there is OLD, VERY OLD and intelligent. Something we wouldn't understand or even be able to detect with common senses.

In regards to 411, there have been stories of lost tots who happen to say similar things about other creatures who seemingly "hang out" around until the child is saved.

Those same things, probably are either good and or bad, why we see some good cases and some BAD cases involving similar circumstances.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
nothing supernatural or whatever about it. as long as you aren't seen as a threat, a bear will have no reason to bother you.

CX

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Or a protective mommy Bigfoot

Ah ignore that.... just reread the Bigfoot bit.

CX.
edit on 26/1/19 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Some good news in the world for a change

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've been following these events since the boy disappeared suspecting he may have become one of the 411 types. I used to live near Devil's Gate Dam between La Canada and Pasadena and I'm very well acquainted with Bigfoot and the mysteries of the Others. I saw a few strange things around that area while riding my bike and my parents finally forbade anymore trips there on fear of getting spanked. Perhaps it saved me a hideous end but one man was convicted of murdering children along the base of the San Gabriel Mountains and sentenced to death. He hung himself in his cell in 1970 and who really knows how many kids this homicidal maniac did kill? My best,

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Some good news in the world for a change

No news is good news.

Good news is no news.

So any news is bad news.

So this bucks the trend! Yay.

Although "hung out with a bear" sounds as if they got drunk in the forest, went dancing and wolf-whistled any passing birds.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Read a lot over the years of animals in the wild coming to a Humans aid , very rarely do we reciprocate

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Small update on this.

It looks like he was actually first discovered by a lady walking her dogs who heard him making noise and went a short distance and got one of the searchers.. Apparently he was on "one side of the woods" and the searchers were on the other..

Woman walking dogs led to searchers finding Casey Hathaway

The woman said she ran up to Toler Road and asked an officer to come down and listen "Next thing I know he was coming back and telling me that yes, he heard something too," Fraker said. "The next thing I know everybody was running up there and I heard he was found”

The searcher that found him said,

Missing NC toddler found alive, tangled in briers

Authorities say they responded on a tip and located Casey by voice. They say they heard Casey ask for his mother and found him in the woods slightly tangled in some vines. Casey was cold when deputies say they found him, but they say he was verbal and responsive to them. “The more we warmed him, up, the more active he became,” a deputy said.

Remarkably good shape for a child so young out in the cold for 48 hours with no food or water. If it be a friendly bear, bigfoot or guardian angel. I too believe someone or something looked after this young man during that time.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Frogs

Not just cold, but rain as well. My mom works out at Cherry Point and she heard quite a bit about it. Really lucky kid.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Some are wondering if it was a Sasquatch who helped him.

It'd be cool if he were shown renderings of bears and sasquatches and see what he says.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well generally considering that if there missing past the first day mark there usually never found. And what are the chances of running into a not hungry bear in the wild, is extremely slim, generally there always hungry in the wild. And they chow down while there pray is still alive in most if not all cases.

So ya, whatever happened. That bear the kid hung out with, was not your usual run of the mill bear. Lucky him.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Gee, the boy can't tell a bear from a bigfoot, both probably smell just as bad though.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

-definitely big foot

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee, the boy can't tell a bear from a bigfoot, both probably smell just as bad though.

He is just 3 years old, but Id imagine his only frame of reference would be a bear for big furry animal. LOL my nephew saw two cats fighting around that age and all we could get out of him was him making cat noises and scratching with his hands. Cant see a bear not eating or attacking him or hanging around with him for 2 days. Not speculating just doubt its a bear, but very glad he is safe and alive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join