It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tragedy of girl shot attempted to be expoited for racial division; fails

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Not surprised Shaun King got involved. Ol' Talcum X himself...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

If the family wanted peace she should have never lied about the suspect description. She should also give back any money beyond the funeral and hospital costs but I'll take bets she doesn't. The part about getting big $ of your dead child is really creepy to me.

There's no evidence to suggest the witnesses lied.

It appears a red pickup truck did in fact pull up beside them at the lights, which was probably the last thing they saw before the shots occured.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
well.......except the facts now......

isnt that a mother.......now youre exposed for your bs......

Next.....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I remember when this story broke.
suspicion that it was a white person.
Next story I read, it was a black person that was arrested, and a second.
That the shooting was a case of mistaken identity, a mistake made by the shooter.

I never read much about racism, just a little at first, in this story.

Now it appears you are one of the EXPLOITERS.
do you get what I am saying?
YOU, are one of THOSE PEOPLE.

You are milking this story.
made a video too? yes..

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Except this stuff needs to be called out, I'm still seeing people share from black sites the burned down church "hate crime" that turned out to be the parishoner of the church amongst many others that were proven false. Just because you dont happen to see it doesnt mean its not working it's way around.
edit on 1/8/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

So calling out the press for exploiting a case makes me an exploiter?

I guess you are exploiting it by calling me out then , right?

This type of argument serves to encourage bed practices in the press by claiming people are immoral for calling them out

Despite what you read, the truth is the story was big national news with the race angle, civil rights leaders were brought in over that, demands for a doj hate crime investigation were called for, and at least one rep said it was a hate crime

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

when someone shoots another person in a crime like this its normally because they are #ing mental

killing other people , you need to be crazy , no sane person goes out their way to kill others

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

No failure at all. That is why fake news is so successful, it does not need to turn out to be true for the desired effect. People hear it, get mad, form opinions, and then those opinions do not change after the truth is revealed.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

So when racial motivations are attached to a story, creating racial division, we should not call out those who falsely do this? Sorry, I think otherwise.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I agree, any race baiting should be met with a harsh punishment, any news outlet or media outlet propagandising for profit should be penalised by an embargo on their articles , a media block on their channels as punishment for peddling lies for money!

They are profiting off the suffering of others , and that doesnt fly in my book!

The government should legally be allowed to close down any news media who pushes a racial agenda for profit
we should not allow the media to control us like this !

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

My question is if this is a gang related shooting by a black man, how did the story of a white racist ever start?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Welcome to America. Land of the free and home of the double standard.

If you're white and criticize a black person, you are a "racist".
If you're black you can say anything you want about whitey and its your "1st amendment right".

You can kill an unborn child but its wrong to execute a mass murderer.

If you or I lie to Congress its a felony, but when they lie to us its "just politics".

Its totally OK for public schools to teach that homosexuality and changing your gender are just fine, but you better not use the word God in the process.

Can't secure out own border with Mexico, but have no problem with securing the 38th parallel in Korea.

Nobody reads History anymore, instead they are content to just rewrite it.

I could go on and on. Its ridiculous for anyone paying attention.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

great post !

land of the enslaved ruled by hypocrites

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

This is actually something i have been railing against for years, in real life and here at ATS - people like to be judge, jury and executioner these days BEFORE any actual prosecutions have been made or evidence shown.

It doesn't matter if it is terrorists, mental health victims, murderers or whatever - everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Personally, i want to start to see people and the media getting prosecuted for this type of behaviour.
edit on 8-1-2019 by Flavian because: addendum

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

How do Americans go about creating change in this way , does it begin with state level , then federal ?

Do you petition your governor or political representative ?

I'd like this to be implemented in the UK as well , no one should be able to profit from the suffering of others in any way shape or form , government or public

accept maybe morticians because its an necessity really

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

My question is if this is a gang related shooting by a black man, how did the story of a white racist ever start?

A mother with her 4 daughters was doing a coffee run at 7am well it was still dark, then a white dude in a red pickup truck pulls up next to them at the lights... The red pickup truck obviously pulls away.

Then out of nowhere 2 black guys roll up beside the car and start shooting... They confused the car with another car that belonged to a person they recently had an altercation with at a club.

In the confusion, the obviously traumatized mother and surviving daughters only remembered seeing the white dude in the red pickup truck.

Source

You can hardly blame the mother and her surviving daughters for getting confused about what actually happened in such a scenario... Nor can you blame people for assuming such a meaningless & random attack might have been a hate crime.

The only people at blame here, are the stupid morons who rolled up on the car and started shooting in the first place.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

In theory, the media are starting to be held to account to in the UK following a law change (or rather a proper implementing of legislation) following an extensive debate in Parliament. Fines can now run into millions - which is a decent threat for publishing false information.

I am not sure how they would push for this in America because, in all honesty, i don't really know their system beyond the basics. I would assume it would start with putting pressure on local elected Congress members to push this cause and, when that inevitably fails as it isn't an interest group with wedges of cash pushing it, try the local Senator.

Or, as seems to be th vogue these days, bypass all of that and start an internet campaign - if it gets enough attention, politicans will be all over it like a rash.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No failure at all. That is why fake news is so successful, it does not need to turn out to be true for the desired effect. People hear it, get mad, form opinions, and then those opinions do not change after the truth is revealed.

Sadly, it's mainly because the truth is buried in a small paragraph correction on page 7 instead of getting the front page.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You can blame them for a racial bias the same way you would blame a white person if a bunch of black dudes straight out of the hood rolled up next to them at a traffic light and pulled off and then two white dudes in a red truck pull up next to them, start shooting and one kid dies and the white folks can only remember to blame the black dudes from the hood when the police show up.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

This is why eye witness reports are un reliable,and should be tossed out of legal usage. Under stress you most likely will get it wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join