It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race debate. Attraction towards other ethnicities.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So I saw something happen here and it surprised me. I am curious what people here think.

Here is the premise I offer:
Being attracted to a specific race is seen as being racist.

Not being attracted to race not your own is also racist.

Only people who are attracted to everyone with no preference for physical attributes are non racist.

I don't agree with that. Personally I have been attracted to Mexican women specifically for as long as I can remember. I prefer them.

Is that racist?

Are blacks that only date blacks out of passive attraction to their familiar traits inherently racist?

What about blacks or any "race" /culture that has a specific and exclusive preference for their partners appearance? Are they racist.

What about a white guy who dislikes relationships with a specific race and nationality combo out of failed personal experiences courting from that selection?

Is he racist for not trying indefinately to change the way people are naturally? Should he lose his identity to accommodate others or should he try to force them to be more like him?

Or neither. I am this last example BTW.

So that's it. An honest question. Does racial preference out of successful experiences dating a specific ethnicity /culture equate to being a racist to all other races you are not attracted to? Even if it's your own if applicable?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 12 30 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I think anyone who focuses on the color of ones skin as a determinant for anything is racist.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Talk about opening a can of worms.
I don't know why people fancy the ones they do. It's a mystery to me.
I've seen women who look gorgeous with all sorts of heritages. I would guess though that you maybe have a preference for those you see more of, since if you only ever see say, 1 black woman for every 100 white ones, you might get the Dianne Abbot and people would say you are racist because you thought of her when they asked about sexual attraction and race.

I don't care what colour she is, I could never do a Corbyn with her, rather go live in the woods by mesel'

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Don't treat anyone unfairly and you'll be OK.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So a black girl that doesn't usually date white guys is racist even though she is just going with her preference and most successful possible match?

So only people who have no sexual preference are good to go?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I was always partial to Swedish females as a teenager, but I don't think that counts as a race.

I've found Asian females rather attractive over the years, but there's an issue there (aside from the fact that I'm in a long-term relationship, I'm not shopping about right now);

Asian women look 18 years old until they hit their 30th birthday, then they seem to age 50 years almost overnight.

Shallow, I know. Lol

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No you are not racist based on who you are attracted to. If you are attracted to someone but chose not to date or associate with them because of their race then an argument can be made that you are racist.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If you are using skin color as a determinant for anything, you are a racist.

If a person used religion as a basis for anything, what would they be?

Or how about a person using gender as a determinant, what would they be?

Or even using sexual preference as a determinant for anything, what would they be?

If you aren't going to look past the color or gender of a person for anything, then you really are a shallow and superficial person.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't think it's racist because it probably isn't really true, but your experiences have dictated your preferences, regardless of the fact that there is, somewhere the perfect white girl for you.

I prefer intelligent women, no idiots allowed.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was married to a beautiful Hispanic woman for 5 years...

It was the racism in both of our families that eventually tore us apart as a married couple.

We are still friends and lovers however...
edit on 30-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then most people are not good enough to avoid being deemed racists.

We are all human and have things we like and not.

Avoiding the things you don't like is correct. Pretending you like something you really don't is wrong.

That's how I see it. I'm happy. Loved. All the that. I'm not wrong.

A scholarship based on race is "racist" then as well. Native American tax status. All of it.

Is all based on race.

link   
You're on record in another thread calling all white women assholes.

Just thought I'd bring a little context to this one.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Everyone has their right to preferences regarding the personal attributes of INDIVIDUALS they choose to date.

RACISM only comes into play when one chooses to make gross generalizations about an entire race of people.

A classic example of this would be someone saying something such as: "I won't date WHITE American women...because they're all a$$holes".

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The term racist has lost its meaning. I don't even care if people call me racist. I know I'm not racist & that's all that matters. I believe eveyone has their strengths & weaknesses regardless of their race/sex/creed but that does not make us equal in all areas. We are only equal under the law. Getting to the dating topic, I believe women like Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey & Whoopi Goldberg are disgusting but I believe woman like Beyonce, Alicia Keys & Tyra Banks are beautiful. I'm a White male. I also believe its good for humanity if people date, marry & procreate outside of their tribe. This will lead to less disease because genetics will be more diverse vs. Inbreeding with someone of the same tribe.

link   
I posit that it's ok to like what you like and it doesn't make you anything one way or the other.

link   
a reply to: Bone75

Thanks I wanted to work that in.

White AMERICAN women suck at relationships. Very bad in my experience.

I wouldnt date them anymore. They are not options since I am not a masochist.

Yes. Assholes like Europeans tend to like Football.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

For 32 years I as a white guy never dated a white girl, ended up married to the first one I dated.

My belief is once I was old enough to stop with the physical judgment and instead look at the intangibles i went with the woman that matched my crazy.

Personally I say let people date whoever with no judgment, long as they are happy nobody else's opinion matters.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I totally agree.

For me it's not race but culture and practice that is the deal breaker.

I like white women. American white women need not be like the ones I have already met mostly. Not if they want to attract me.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Affirmative action programs are based on race and are. . . wait for it. . . .

. . . . . racist.

When we stop treating people as individuals and start determining or judging based on skin color, then we have entered the realm of racism.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you are using skin color as a determinant for anything, you are a racist.

bull#

youre not racist if youre not attracted to a black girl or a chinese girl.

kinda thought a racist was a person who thinks they are better than someone else because of their race.

that kind of #

so now if youre not attracted to a certain race youre racist?

nope

what is the term if youre not attracted to a dwarf?

what about all the people not attracted to fatties?

damn them

<<   2  3  4 >>

join