It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient ruins older then the Pyramids found in Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Tempter

easy to find on google if you search the title, Though I should have provided a link... sorry

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: Akragon

the oldest settlement in North America

who would settle up north when the weather is so cold in the winter back then?

could it be that the weather back then was warmer?

I take it you've never been to BC...lol

They barely get winter... it hits -1 at the most on average...

They call a state of emergency in BC when they get a few sprinkles of snow.... lol

plus is close to water... and forest... only makes sense

I guess you've never been to Fort St.John, Dawson Creek or Chetwynd etc etc.

Whole lot of province out there besides the lower Mainland

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Canada slipped down from the Pole during the last Global Continental Displacement Event....it basically unthawed...like Antarctic will soon be doing....Canada will soon be bumped down closer to the Equator and turned to its side..and the next round of Humanity will be drilling for Oil in the new continent that is where Canada is today.

There are buried Cities all over Canada...some barely under the surface....like 40 meters or less in some spots....and this is common ALL OVER THE WORLD...in every Country.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Tempter

easy to find on google if you search the title, Though I should have provided a link... sorry

originally posted by: Dr UAE

the oldest settlement in North America

who would settle up north when the weather is so cold in the winter back then?

could it be that the weather back then was warmer?

I take it you've never been to BC...lol

They barely get winter... it hits -1 at the most on average...

They call a state of emergency in BC when they get a few sprinkles of snow.... lol

plus is close to water... and forest... only makes sense

I guess you've never been to Fort St.John, Dawson Creek or Chetwynd etc etc.

Whole lot of province out there besides the lower Mainland

Those are interesting places and I have worked in all of them....Drilling Oil Wells.

There is a tremendous amount of province to be enjoyed...and the resource distribution and distribution of ancient relics and ruins are patterned as per the last Vlar Global Continental Dispacement Wave Model.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

This was around the period of ice age, I thought Canada was meant to be buried in ice at that time? The article does say that a sliver of land was ice free in Indian legend. Still got to wonder what they were doing there surrounded by walls of ice?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: Dr UAE

This was around the period of ice age, I thought Canada was meant to be buried in ice at that time? The article does say that a sliver of land was ice free in Indian legend. Still got to wonder what they were doing there surrounded by walls of ice?

I would stay away from that sliver of land....you might step on the wrong toes...this is not the time to be ratteling Royal and Elite cages in that particular spot on this planet.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think it's now an accepted theory that humans used the land bridge in the north to get into the American continent. Now if they were the first only time will tell.
I think everybody ought to completely forget about using the Pyramids as any before type dates. I've got a pair of shoes older than the Pyramids.
Being as the Pyramids were supposedly built around 5000 bc and the land bridge was in existence before the last ice age melt. that was approx 12000 to 1100 years ago the Pyramid comparison is quite moot.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Would not 14,000 years be right around the time of the Clovis migration? This is probably them.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

the Pyramid comparison is quite moot.

Lets throw Gobleki Tepe in there instead of the pyramids,Gobleki Tepe was closer in age to this find than the Pyramids.

Its pretty cool any way I look at it!

Egypt isn't the only place with interesting history!!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150
Take off eh , bob and Doug were pretty funny . Strange brew Is a classic.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Although it's a zombie revival of older news (Smithsonian 2017), it's still interesting.

“It appears we had people sitting in one area making stone tools beside evidence of a fire pit,” Gauvreau says. “The material that we have recovered … has really helped us weave a narrative for the occupation of this site.”

These findings may have significant implications for our understanding of ancient human migration patterns. As Jason Daley reports for Smithsonian.com, the traditional story of human arrival to the Americas posits that some 13,000 years ago, stone-age people moved across a land bridge that connected modern-day Siberia to Alaska. But recent studies suggest that route did not contain enough resources for the earliest migrants to successfully make the crossing. Instead, some researchers say, humans entered North America along the coast.

It reminds me of early populations of the Orkneys and Skara Brae in terms of very resilient people existing in harsh environments. I wonder if they kept their fires burning 24/7 in the worst months as dry fuel would become harder to source.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's not surprising there were super ancient civilizations in Canada. A friend of mine found this in Central Alberta. Nobody has been able to connect it with a known culture. It's about the size of a small dinner plate.

edit on 23-12-2018 by CraftBuilder because: I added the second image.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

What the heck? One side has a regular patina and the other looks like someone's gone rogue with a cold chisel. I was thinking of plough damage, but the lines are clearly too artificial and orderly (though messy).

Btw why have you watermarked the images?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
The back side has petroglyph style engravings from a presumably much newer culture that acquired it hundreds or thousands of years ago. The large light colored scrapes are from modern agricultural equipment that went over it for years before it was found by my friend.

Here is an image with the peroglyphs below the scrapes highlighted.

I watermarked them a long time ago for an online presentation that I didn't want to get pilfered and they are the only copies I could find in a hurry for this.

edit on 23-12-2018 by CraftBuilder because: to add last statement.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Let's hope Byrd passes through and offers her expertise. I remember her posting about Alberta medicine wheels and so forth a few years ago.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
It's not surprising there were super ancient civilizations in Canada. A friend of mine found this in Central Alberta. Nobody has been able to connect it with a known culture. It's about the size of a small dinner plate.

This is extremely familiar, I know damn well I've seen this before on another site somewhere. Is this part of a collection on display somewhere?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I made a thread about it here a few years ago trying to find out more about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Kandinsky,
The procurement of fire, many times by theft or by being taught "where" it resides, is a common mythological motif among certain groups of west coast Native Americans.
These stories also reflect migrations in their structure, in most cases the "people" had arrived in a new land after a long and arduous journey from their homelands, some times overland, sometimes by boat.
But the common thread in these stories is the lack of suitable fire, and a pre existing group of people living on the land already.
The stories of this nature tend to be in the penutian language family, which comprises groups of people from Southern Alaska all the way to central mexico.
The penutian stories are almost always a "theft of fire" story. The people are tired from their travels, and the land is dark and cold, and the people either have no fire or it is weak and feeble and provides little heat for warmth or cooking. Someone sees smoke coming from a house, either in the valley or in the hills, depending on which groups perspective is used.
A group of heroes steal the fire and are chased back to their settlement by the original people.
The heroes fearing they will be caught, split up and hide the fire in places where people can find it if they know where to look. Places such as the cedar tree and dry moss(tinder), the buckeye and mesquite ( very dry hard woods for fire drills).
One story, from northern ca, says that the people had no fire and ate their food raw. When they arrived at their new home, the coastal mountains of northern CA, they find the "old man" by a river.
This is where the story gets really interesting, "an old man like the old man across the great western sea" shows the people where to find the rocks that fire hides in( flint and such).
Another creation mythos speaks of how the people meet the "old" man in the mountains during their wanderings after the day the earth burned and all the "baskets" were lost. Baskets is a metaphor for tribes, and the "old" man showed the people where the best stone for fire and tools was in their new lands. The people went to the places and they stayed, when returned they came back with all the many baskets once again.
A couple things here, there are still indigenous groups on the Pacific coast of Siberia that do not regularly use fire, it is impossibly wet there and they live a tidal flat gathering and fishing lifestyle. They eat their food raw or barely heated over a fat and bone fire. The people of the ancient NW also used bone and fat for fires.
The usage of the term "old man" has some interesting implications. In a discussion between tribal elders, about the Pendejo cave site, a distinction was made between the term "old man/woman" and elders of the group.
The elder relating the story said that there is a very subtle distinction in the words used to describe the elderly and the "old people" or "the old man" or "the old woman" with the "old" people being the ancient ones who were there before.
In several stories about how the world was repopulated after the catastrophe, the hero finds an "old woman" on an island in a lake or a mountain or in a pit house, and they have children who in turn repopulate the wolrd.

Could old man be really old, like early AMH or possibly even HSN or HSD? Remember that Native Americans have some of the highest levels of neanderthal and denisovan DNA.

Sorry ran off on a rise over run😂

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Could old man be really old, like early AMH or possibly even HSN or HSD? Remember that Native Americans have some of the highest levels of neanderthal and denisovan DNA.

Sorry ran off on a rise over run

Posts like you've just made are what draws classic ATSers to be here at all. Thanks.

You, Hans, Byrd and JC add a lot of informed content and food for thought. My best days on ATS were a few years ago when you were all posting a lot in this forum.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

I haven't read such an amazing and satisfying post/comment in ages. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

There are pyramids all over the earth because we share the same ancestors. There is a common thread that is denied us through orthodox history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join