It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump appears to back down from demanding wall funding from congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The White House suggested Tuesday that President Donald Trump's could back down from his demand for $5 billion to fund his proposed border wall in a year-end spending bill.

www.cnbc.com...

Well looks like another loss for trump

Another win for the establishment of both parties

We know the globalist establishment wants open borders and illegal immigration

This is just another example

Trump backs down again from basically his most core promise

Sure, I know he tried and didn’t expect even the establishment in his party to screw him over, but when the rubber meets the road, he is caving in yet again

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It sucks.

But we don't live in a republic any longer.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They're saying they have "other ways" to fund the wall. Trump has suggested having the army build it.

Maybe the funding is in that huge defense bill Congress just passed?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Agreed.Not happy with Trump at all on this.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The Army will build the wall, it is all in the (record) military spending bill.

What is the military's number one job?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well that sucks.
I was hoping he would stick to his guns on this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The White House suggested Tuesday that President Donald Trump's could back down from his demand for $5 billion to fund his proposed border wall in a year-end spending bill.

www.cnbc.com...

Sure, I know he tried and didn’t expect even the establishment in his party to screw him over, but when the rubber meets the road, he is caving in yet again

has the house even put forward a bill for consideration?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was told Mexico would be paying for the wall...

Did Mexico pay us yet?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It sucks.

Its called checks and balances - its the way the country was founded.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
He just has to look like he tried to keep his core base on his side. Trump is a politician, and has proven that time and time again. He also promised to drain the swamp, but ended up hiring swamp people.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Did Mexico pay us yet?

Lol.. You forget mate, trump supporters will ignore any wierd or wrong thing trump says. Maybe Trump could of had a chance if he had someone at his side, keeping him grounded in reality.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Well that sucks.
I was hoping he would stick to his guns on this one.

And to add insult to injury looks like Trump signed the Bumpstock ban, 90 days to turn 'em in folks or you're criminals!

All abord the Trump Train, Woop Woop!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: links234

Did Mexico pay us yet?

Lol.. You forget mate, trump supporters will ignore any wierd or wrong thing trump says. Maybe Trump could of had a chance if he had someone at his side, keeping him grounded in reality.

I keep hearing claims about how trump supporters will back anything he does

Yet myself and other supporters are calling him out on this very thread

But while we are painting with a broad brush

Trump haters will cheer any corruption by intel officials as long as it goes after trump

I guarantee I can point to more trump supporters on ats and in general calling him out for things yhab I can point to trump dislikes calling out abuse by the intel community

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It sucks.

You sly dog! Here I thought you were just full of bluster and BS but you do understand our political reality, don't you?

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
They're saying they have "other ways" to fund the wall. Trump has suggested having the army build it.

Maybe the funding is in that huge defense bill Congress just passed?

If trump could do this in other ways without congress, why has he waited two years?

link   

Headline should be "Major News Media Puts Spin on White House Comment."

From the article...

"We have other ways that we can get to that $5 billion that we'll work with Congress," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told Fox News on Tuesday morning. She added that the Trump administration could support $1.6 billion in border security funding proposed by Senate Democrats, as long as it can "couple that with other funding resources" to get to $5 billion.

She added that "at the end of the day, we don't want to shut down the government. We want to shut down the border."

I'm reading that as "If we get our 5 billion for the wall we don't care where it comes from."

A far cry from what the article is insinuating.

Also exactly what Trump said last week... that he didn't care where the money came from, but that if he didn't get it then the government shuts down.

So it's a way to get what he wants and Pelosi and Schumer get to still tell their base that they won.

Just politics...

~shrug~

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The military job's is to protect us from foreign enemies. People coming here for a better life are not our enemies. They are simply a nuisance. Thus the military has zero right to build the wall.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The military job's is to protect us from foreign enemies. People coming here for a better life are not our enemies. They are simply a nuisance. Thus the military has zero right to build the wall.

I agree the funding should be thru Congress

However, illegal immigration is much more than just a nuisance

There are malicious people involved, there are economic hardships, the fact that there are those in the us that encourage it leads to perilous journeys for people where they are taken advantage of by criminals and often suffer violence or die

The military would be far better used helping on that front than in most of the regime change efforts our globalists estbosends then on

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Look at how excited establishment republicans are!

Senate leaders are considering a large, long-term spending package now that the White House has signaled it may back off demands that Congress provide $5 billion for a border wall.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) hosted a meeting of Senate leaders Tuesday morning after the White House indicated a possible end to the spending standoff.

Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) told reporters after the meeting that the leaders are trying to reach a deal to increase funding for federal agencies covered by the seven unfinished appropriations bills.

thehill.com...

Now that they got that pesky idea of trying to curtail illegal immigration out of the way, they can get back to funding garbage with deficits!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

www.cnbc.com...

his CORE PROMISE was to have mexico pay for it...you people got suckered by him and you're still carrying his water.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join