It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California wants to tax your text messages

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
abc7news.com...

The CPUC said the money needs to come from somewhere. If it doesn't come in the form of a text tax, you may see higher voice service charges.

I doubt this will pass, but you never know. There was probably a time when people didn't think toll roads would pass either.
Just another way to stick it to people. In the not too far future they will tax us based on how many times we inhale and exhale a day.

The FCC is expected to meet Wednesday on the issue. The CPUC said the proposal goes to vote January 10.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There are already places in this country that tax your on rain fall- stay away from the cities...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Should this come as a surprise to anyone? If a tax can be snuck into anything it will be.

I'm going to mark this as reference for the future. If progress is made towards environmental tax policies I could actually see being taxed to breathe. It just takes the right frame of reference. Word it the right way, and sneak it into something. Imagine that air quality gets so bad in cities that one would need to carry respirators. It's going to cost money to refill those, and you can bet there is going to be a tax. Oh, don't you dare try and refill your own respirators. That's unsafe and will be highly illegal.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I doubt this will pass

I hope it passes. Because guess who voted these people in? I hope it passes.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
In Japan we have a "people" tax, its based upon your income. Its done in each city. Also it goes along with your age. Not too for sure, but after the age of 70, one is no longer taxed a "people city tax".

Personally, I see high taxes and it doesn't matter if you are super rich, we all get poor because of high taxes. I think it (the politicians) are here for a free ride on the tax payers hard way of making an honest living. You even get taxed for bartering these days. Life is beginning to suck big time.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
California's "Millenials" are going to get a rude awakening, when something that they care deeply about becomes tax fodder... what a way to alienate a voter demographic.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Caveat; increases in taxes are stupid and authoritarian.

Maybe people will stop texting all the damned time!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow... so a tax on something that costs nothing, hey at least they are being honest we are going to get our money form somewhere.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

In the not too far future they will tax us based on how many times we inhale and exhale a day.

It's called a "carbon tax."

As for the text tax... fear not. They'll just find someone to blame it on. Probably Republicans, or maybe Trump. I mean, it is California, after all. They've already tried to blame Trump for the forest fires they set up. Facts and common sense not required.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What's Next California , Taxing my Anal Emissions for Destroying the Ozone Layer ? ......GTFOOH !

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I also wonder if the citizens of California will no that all their texts will be looked at so they can tax them on each word.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm surprised there hasn't been a big push to tax emails to supplement the post office.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
California should look into taxing people when the defecate on the side walk if they need some extra revenue.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Next they will tax tweets.

Then when Trump tweets, since he gives his Presidential salary away to charity, he will have to use his own money.

Which, by the new leftist logic, will be an attempt to influence an election so will be a campaign violation.

As an aside, I am putting my property in California up for sale in the spring.

Might as well cut that last tie before they start a tree tax.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm surprised there hasn't been a big push to tax emails to supplement the post office.

Is the Post Office privately owned these days by a corporation?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

What's Next California , Taxing my Anal Emissions for Destroying the Ozone Layer ? ......GTFOOH !

Well, they do it for cattle in California...

Cow farts can now be regulated in California

Since they pretty much think people are cattle too (except politicians and Hollywierd people) then why not?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Wake-up people and stop voting these people into office......you get what you ask for.....has California become a state of people that are so low information and lost within their own life that they cannot see what the Government of California/Democrats are doing. If there were no people in California, there would be no Government because we are
the Government but apparently we are lost. Lets make a new law, all of your INCOME YOU MAKE you give to the Government of CA and you current taxes are your living wages/INCOME, how does that sound....go for it, we are heading in that direction....WAKE-UP!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Taxing texts.

"Deep in the Heart of Taxes"

They aren't too bright,
The ones who aren't Right,
Deep in the Heart of Taxes.

I'll never move there,
Not even on a dare,

They'll take your Rights,
Turn out your lights,

Their stuff's on fire,
The gov's a liar,

Their taxes rail,
On a Richter Scale,

Their freedoms gone,
Just like this song,

. . . . . . . . . DEEP IN THE HEART OF TAXES!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Chicago has passed a tax on online streaming and gaming.
9% tax on netflix, hulu, ps4, xbox etc,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Streaming is big business, and Chicago wants a piece of the action. On Sept. 1, the city’s controversial new “cloud tax” went into effect, extending a 9-percent “amusement tax” into the digital realm."
www.dailysignal.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36

Chicago has passed a tax on online streaming and gaming.
9% tax on netflix, hulu, ps4, xbox etc,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Streaming is big business, and Chicago wants a piece of the action. On Sept. 1, the city’s controversial new “cloud tax” went into effect, extending a 9-percent “amusement tax” into the digital realm."
www.dailysignal.com...

So now more bangers will be out selling drugs and shooting it out so they can play COD.

And it will be blamed on the guns....

Why don't people understand that if you tax a citizenry to where they have nothing else to lose you are going to get a citizenry that is pissed off and has nothing to lose?

Progressivism at it's finest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join