It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 5..why did you do this again EA?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: CriticalStinker

For some odd reason Pubg and Fortnight didn't interest me at all.

I've never played either. Online gaming is cancer.

I must be stage 4 than.

Although most of my gaming time the past month has been borderlands and red dead 2.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I've learned to give up EA long ago.

I feel this way about Activision currently.

Bethesda is starting to make me feel this way.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I've learned to give up EA long ago.

Bethesda is starting to make me feel this way.

I watched a fallout 76 stream..... It looked like garbage. I don't know why it gets hyped every time.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

It's the 3 dozen COD games have become the THOTs of the gaming world, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

I'm just saying Fallout: New Vegas by Obsidian was superior to any FO game Bethesda has internally developed so far. They knocked it out of the park so monumentally that Bethesda won't let them near the license again for fear of Obsidian's success making gamers refuse to support Bethesda's own attempts at Fallout games.

Obsidian and InXile Devs are now Microsoft

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: Gothmog

I'm just saying Fallout: New Vegas by Obsidian was superior to any FO game Bethesda has internally developed so far. They knocked it out of the park so monumentally that Bethesda won't let them near the license again for fear of Obsidian's success making gamers refuse to support Bethesda's own attempts at Fallout games.

Obsidian and InXile Devs are now Microsoft

I own an Xbone, so I'm OK with them grabbing the Fallout license.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I just can't do it. It may come as a shock to you, but I'm not overly fond of people. When I play a game I don't want to hear any unscripted human voices, don't want to watch some dork e-dance, care not for throw away platititudes from pre-teens in the midwest, and if someone tea bagged me, I'd likely be banned from Xbox Live for e stalking the offender and everyone on his friends list just to make my point known.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well you did buy it after all so I guess the marketing must have worked.

I'd love to buy it but priorities dictate that I must stay with my old 360 probably for a long time.
edit on 15-11-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

For some odd reason Pubg and Fortnight didn't interest me at all.

I've never played either. Online gaming is cancer.

On the other hand, playing stuff might be the only fun a disabled or injured/sick person can have.

I would recommend it as a good alternative to TV especially because it will keep them focused and interacting intelligently.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I fully understand man. I don't play with randos.

I play with my good friends and friends of friends.

I don't do fortnite, and when we play pubg we're sharing loot, calling out enemies, and making strategic plays.

To each their own, but I do find thrills in having well executed one shot plays.

Bullet drop, bullet lead, different for every gun. You gotta be on your a game.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Forums like this are about as social gaming as I want to get, and yet now that every big developer out there has sniffed the magic of pay to win and loot boxes, every game they release must have a PvP-style social component where you have to play with others competitively so they can sell you loot boxes to try to get ahead.

Then they try to tell everyone that no one wants single player anymore, and I weep and start searching Steam for the Japanese games the woke crowd tried to ban (anime girls are exploitative) and indy games with crappy graphics but good story.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well i have a confession to make here.
I played 2 hours of the trial on EA access. And went directly to the EB Games at the mall and bought the deluxe version, and have been playing it since this afternoon.
I ran into a few bugs and it was some bad hit detection at times as well as the stupid revive screen bug.
The hit detection was every so often, and the revive screen happened once.

I have to admit, the game is beautiful graphics wise.
From what I read this afternoon there was an update that patched some issues.

But being honest here I only personally ran into the 2 mentioned.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I quit gaming altogether after they first torpedoed Command & Conquer after buying up Westwood, then did the same with DICE & Battlefield.

I have very fond memories of back in college my dorm buddies got me to try Red Alert 2, Diablo 2, and Warcraft 3 with them, very fun times.

That was in 2001 before phones ruined gaming.

Phone games are garbage. A couple years when I finally 'had' to get a computer phone, I thought lets check out this latest games tech BS...

when I figured out 99% of them this Freemium Games BS (1-900-CRACK-PIPE).

So I went with a familiar title, EA's SIm City no less, and oh it was excruciating to attempt to play. So I went installed SNES emulator for FREE, grabbed Sim City the original from what 1991... and it was literally 100 times the game.

Then there's the big show in Freemium: Clash of CLans (COC), obviously ripped off aestetics from CNC, and CNC RA2 YR is literally 10,000 times the game (at least) and its from like 1999 I think.
:
hail:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Well i have a confession to make here.
I played 2 hours of the trial on EA access. And went directly to the EB Games at the mall and bought the deluxe version, and have been playing it since this afternoon.
I ran into a few bugs and it was some bad hit detection at times as well as the stupid revive screen bug.
The hit detection was every so often, and the revive screen happened once.

I have to admit, the game is beautiful graphics wise.
From what I read this afternoon there was an update that patched some issues.

But being honest here I only personally ran into the 2 mentioned.
For shame not only paying a monthly stipend to EA but going out and going to drop $80 on their meat-hook abortion of a game in “deluxe” form .

Okay but serious question why would you buy a physical copy? I thought EA access gave you a discount on digital versions of the game bought through them?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes, we're starting the freemium battle with our kid now.

He notices those game commercials, and tells us how awesome those games would be on the phone. We tell him they aren't free, and we aren't paying for the goodies he would need to actually do well at them.

Then we patiently explain the term "pay-to-win" to him all over again.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting a $90 price tag for standard game? Its $59.99 like industry standard. I wasnt surprised to hear a 50% increase, but I'm equally not surprised its not accurate.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Oh it was more than that lol.

I’m in Canada, So everything here costs more than anywhere else.
The deluxe version cost me $120.
Plus my 4.99 a month to ea access.
I figured I always buy the premium pass anyway... and that’s an extra $60 something.

So ya. pretty stupid thread now isnt lol.
Dude pisses and moans about the half assed job a company known for being scum bags, does on a game.
Then the same dude goes out and give the same company $120.
Fml.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

For the standard edition it $79.99 plus tax it comes to $90.00
Plus the deluxe edition adding on a bonus $30 with tax.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Don't forget the Madden franchise in all of this. EA's exclusivity deal with the NFL gave them a free pass to turn Madden into little more than a microtransaction hell. MUT was a very cool idea when they first launched it, but it sure became an excuse to charge players for every "feature" quickly.

EA Sports it's in the Bank.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Oh it was more than that lol.

I’m in Canada, So everything here costs more than anywhere else.
The deluxe version cost me $120.
Plus my 4.99 a month to ea access.
I figured I always buy the premium pass anyway... and that’s an extra $60 something.

So ya. pretty stupid thread now isnt lol.
Dude pisses and moans about the half assed job a company known for being scum bags, does on a game.
Then the same dude goes out and give the same company $120.
Fml.

Excuse me for thinking in freedom dollars, but wouldn’t it have been 10% off if you would have bought it digitally through ea access?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join