It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 5..why did you do this again EA?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Anyone get to try BF5 yet?

From what im hearing, is that we are back to square one with those clowns at EA.

By forcing an unfinished game out onto the market Yet Again, players are reporting;
Falling through the floor, crash to home screen, piss poor hit detection, most of the early access promises and extras not showing up in game, or the wrong items. Servers crashing or significant lag. Ghost kills, and kill trades.
And that’s Just to name a few.

During the beta I noticed that I would get stuck in the revive screen more often then not.
And apparently that issue is still prevalent in the release version.

Another half baked marketing scheme that I find so stupid on EA’s part is the 4 different release dates for BF5.

If your an Origin premium member you’ve had the game available for a week or so.
If you have EA access you have had access to the game for a couple of days now.
If you bought the deluxe version, you get access today, and if you purchased the standard edition you get to play on the 20th.
Wow how many release days do you need for 1 game?
I get that they are trying to make more money because they are not offering a premium subscription service for BF5.
But really? This many release dates?
Trying to get people to fork out more and more for earlier access to the game.

All depending on how much you are willing to spend, $90 is the standard edition price.

It’s sickening that EA has forced DICE once again to release a game way to early.
It took BF4 close to 1 year to become stable enough to not have to worry about the above mentioned issues.

But EA never stops amazing me with their greed.

I have EA access, so I’m downloading the 10 hour free trial of the game right now.
It cost $5 a month for ea access. So no big deal.
At least I get to play the game for a bit and decide if I can put up with all the bugs in the game, or wait till it gets polished before handing over my $90 for the game.

Has anyone played BF5 yet and are you also getting bombarded with the above mentioned issues?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Really? Displaying any degree of surprise, disappointment, or anger at EA, yet again screwing their customers? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

EA is cancer, trEAt them as such.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That’s for damn sure.
I’m sure DICE made a stack load of cash with EA.
But it’s too bad they couldn’t of done it on their own.

Those Swiss are perfectionist.
If it was up to them, they wouldn’t allow a product to hit the shelves until it was complete and shiny

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 15-11-2018 by Macenroe82 because: Big Dirty DP

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It's all about money and quick turnaround for most of the AAA game developers now.

The only one left to be trusted is Rockstar, who have time and time again proven you can put out quality, not quantity and make more money than trash games.

They don't even charge for DLC, Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the most enthralling games I've played in years. I rarely play single player games, and even rarer do I absolutely love them. Can't wait to see what they do with the online.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The 'big names' are all releasing games designed to make money and squeeze every last cent out of their customers. I don't play games that are more hype than substance. I have plenty of fun playing games from independent developers and more customer oriented franchises.

I can do without the children who plays games like BF5.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
After what they've done to some of my favorite games over the years, I refuse to touch EA with a 10 ft pole. If you do, you get the crap they unleash on you, and shame on you for fueling more of their cash grabs.

R.I.P. Sims, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I don't play many video games anymore. I remember the mess that was Battlefield 4 though. If I remember correctly it took years for that game to be playable, and by the time most of the bugs were fixed most of the lobbies were empty, and they had already come out with Hardline, and were working on Battlefield One. When I sawthat they were working on Battlefield 5 so soon I had no doubt in my mind that it was going to be a repeat of BF5. No one I know holds any merit to EA or the games they touch. So, what did you expect? I've learned that with the way most video games are made currently you're better off waiting until they go on sell. In the short run you save some money, and in the long run maybe companies like EA will change their practice of pushing out unfinished games. As long as there are fools out there buying into the hype and spending top dollar for these "deluxe" editions companies like EA will continue milking it.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That’s for damn sure.
I’m sure DICE made a stack load of cash with EA.
But it’s too bad they couldn’t of done it on their own.

Those Swiss are perfectionist.
If it was up to them, they wouldn’t allow a product to hit the shelves until it was complete and shiny

They’ll be lucky if they don’t meet the fate of most developers that get swallowed up by EA getting shuttered like BioWare and many many others.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

All the battlefield games after BF4 suck in my opinion. And actually I have noticed more people hopping back on BF4 online lately!
EA has really been sucking lately.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It's all about money and quick turnaround for most of the AAA game developers now.

The only one left to be trusted is Rockstar, who have time and time again proven you can put out quality, not quantity and make more money than trash games.

They don't even charge for DLC, Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the most enthralling games I've played in years. I rarely play single player games, and even rarer do I absolutely love them. Can't wait to see what they do with the online.

Rockstar still has some bad practices IMO GTA Online is completely pay to win now, they make up for not charging for DLC and then some with the shark cards.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

All the battlefield games after BF4 suck in my opinion. And actually I have noticed more people hopping back on BF4 online lately!

Is that in regards to the PC version or console?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: Double post

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

My question is. Why did people give EA their money again??

Keep buying their # and they'll keep shoveling it....

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealityIsAbsurd

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Is that in regards to the PC version or console?

PC......my bad, I meant to add that.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Red Dead 2 is a masterwork... Rockstar has really thrown down the gauntlet. They've made quality games for more than 15 years, and that level of quality has steadily increased. But with this one, other companies who make big, immersive, epic, open-world single-player experiences HAVE BEEN PUT ON NOTICE....

Bethesda, I'm looking in your direction!

It's now completely clear - Rockstar can do detailed, realistic, immersive, addictive, RPG-style worlds, gameplay systems & storytelling just as well as any of those other companies. RDR2 is a huge, console generation-defining game that's a direct competitor to series like Fallout and Elder Scrolls. And it's so crazy that with Fallout 76 (which released yesterday and is reportedly fraught with issues), Bethesda chose RIGHT NOW to bet big on changing their formula drastically and proving they can do Fallout as an Always-Online MMO... a BIG step for them, and a much bigger risk.

It's all interesting to say the least... Quite a time to be a gamer.

-M4nWithNoN4me
November 15, 2018
edit on 11152018 by M4nWithNoN4me because: Auto-correct F'd me again.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Bethesda really should hand the Fallout franchise development contract over to Obsidian and never touch the license again outside of publishing Obsidian's works.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Rockstar still has some bad practices IMO GTA Online is completely pay to win now, they make up for not charging for DLC and then some with the shark cards.

If you put an hour in a night and have friends to play, you can get a few hundred K in that time.

I agree though, a tad too much grinding.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Bethesda really should hand the Fallout franchise development contract over to Obsidian and never touch the license again outside of publishing Obsidian's works.

Fallout will never be the same again after this latest disaster. Played the beta for 76, and gotta say it was an absolute disaster. those servers will be empty in a month after release imo

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
But more on topic: EA has screwed the pooch in the recent past, and increasingly done the same to fans and buyers of their games.

I played Battlefield 4 for hundreds of hours. It was buggy, but after a while, smooth enough to be thoroughly enjoyable. I was simply confused by Hardline coming so quickly on the heels of BF4, and I thought it felt more like a DLC pack or a mod than a whole new entry in the series... never got into it at all. I played BF1 a lot, and enjoyed it quite a bit! But I found the WW1 setting and technology made it feel quite limited. And I'm all about realistic- I've never been a fan of jetpacks, boost-jumps, or wall-running mechanics. I play shooters that are rooted in realism.

So to summarize, BF5 is loaded with bugs and glitches, many of those of the type that remove you from an immersive gaming experience, or break it completely. EA has to get their s# together if they want to survive! Especially if they ever want to compete on the level of Call Of Duty games, which run as fast and smooth as a MagLev Bullet Train in comparison to the clanking, smoking, Civil War-era steam engine that is the Battlefield experience.

And oh yeah, I almost forgot, how about the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 microtransaction cluster#K? 😂

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join