It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study - The #MeToo Movement is Back-Firing. American Opinion Has Shifted Against Victims.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

and by the same token i don't think there is a single one among us that does not know someone who has been the victim of wrongful accusations
WTF dude
None of the men I know have ever been accused o f sexual harrassment. What are you saying?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
And NO the attitude has not shifted against women. That is the harassers dream but its not what is happening.
I hope you dont want to see this effort silenced. I hope if you have a wife or a daughter or sister or girl friend you would want them to be believed. I would hope that you would see that this effort might deter some man from harming some woman that you actually care about. Wouldnt that be great?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Surprisingly, these changes in opinion against victims have been slightly stronger among women than men. Rather than breaking along gendered lines, the #MeToo divide increasingly appears to be a partisan one. On each of these three questions, the gap between Trump and Clinton voters is at least six times greater than the one between genders.

It appears the divide, again, is partisan. If you look at the average, then you may get a more clearer picture of what is going on here.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BADNEPTUNE

your sisters boyfriend has been accused twice? and she is still with him?
bad news dude very bad news

reason.com...

I dont like to jump to conclusions.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The #MeToo Movement is Back-Firing

The DNC is composed of complete idiots or complete racist,sexist, asholes.

The DNC strategy to solve racism and sexism has completely nullified the consequences of someone being accused of being racist or sexist via the cry wolf syndrome.

The DNC strategy to solve racism and sexism has done the exact opposite and has caused more division,hate,anger, and intolerance between the people. There strategy has been to STEREOTYPE the victims (minorities and women) and stereotyped the villains (whitey mcwhitey male). Since most individuals don't like to be quantified as a victim or a villan its no wonder we have the environment we have today that is fueling the division,hate,anger, and intolerance between the people.

edit on 341031America/ChicagoFri, 19 Oct 2018 07:34:53 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

And NO the attitude has not shifted against women. That is the harassers dream but its not what is happening.
I hope you dont want to see this effort silenced. I hope if you have a wife or a daughter or sister or girl friend you would want them to be believed. I would hope that you would see that this effort might deter some man from harming some woman that you actually care about. Wouldnt that be great?

Personally I don't want accusations to be believed without evidence. Yes, the victims deserve to be listened to and taken seriously, but not believed without something to back it up. If we continue to follow the path of believing accusations without evidence, then many innocent people will be ruined for no good reason whatsoever. I have personal experiences that coincide with that. I dated a girl who was very manipulative and emotionally/physically violent, yet she convinced many people(including many of my "friends") that I was the abusive one.

To add to your last comment, I would hope that one would see that no effort anyone makes will ever truly deter bad people from doing bad things, if it has, there would be no crime, so what's the point in punishing innocent people by believing every accusation?? Listen, yes, but don't believe without ample evidence. Wouldn't that be great??

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ALSTA

Overly sensitive is a good analysis. A teacher at my wife's school told her that the school principal was "undressing her with his eyes". But I don't think that's an offense...yet.

Wow!!! That's going to really make for extra uncomfortable working conditions for men. Now, not only do you never want to be left alone with a woman or compliment them, but it will be necessary to keep your eyes lowered at all times when a woman is in the room. How is that for nutty?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

Overly sensitive is a good analysis. A teacher at my wife's school told her that the school principal was "undressing her with his eyes". But I don't think that's an offense...yet.

Wow!!! That's going to really make for extra uncomfortable working conditions for men. Now, not only do you never want to be left alone with a woman or compliment them, but it will be necessary to keep your eyes lowered at all times when a woman is in the room. How is that for nutty?

Men can always look into a woman's eyes when they are in conversation with them.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The #MeToo Movement is Back-Firing

The DNC is composed of complete idiots or complete racist,sexist, asholes.

The DNC strategy to solve racism and sexism has completely nullified the consequences of someone being accused of being racist or sexist via the cry wolf syndrome.

The DNC strategy to solve racism and sexism has done the exact opposite and has caused more division,hate,anger, and intolerance between the people. There strategy has been to STEREOTYPE the victims (minorities and women) and stereotyped the villains (whitey mcwhitey male). Since most individuals don't like to be quantified as a victim or a villan its no wonder we have the environment we have today that is fueling the division,hate,anger, and intolerance between the people.

I don't think their is any strategy to stop racism, ect. The real strategy is to always have a primary victim group and a base of lesser victim groups. The strategy part comes from making each of the groups maintain their belief that they are victims. The method is pitting groups against other perceived groups. Of course, the victim groups are the voting base. It really is as simple as that. Of course we need a big,bad wolf and that role has been designated to the white male.
edit on 19-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The first mistake was to use the symbol known as the pound sign.

Pound me too..... fricken brilliant choice.

#no more...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Men can always look into a woman's eyes when they are in conversation with them.

....and avoid the gaze altogether when not in conversation with them?? Might as well for fear of being accused of something that's probably not even happening.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

I don't think their is any strategy to stop racism, ect. The real strategy is to always have a primary victim group and a base of lesser victim groups. The strategy part comes from making each of the groups maintain their belief that they are victims. The method is pitting groups against other perceived groups. Of course, the victim groups are the voting base. It really is as simple as that.

Agreed and the DNC ,MSM, and Hollyweird has nailed it.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

....and avoid the gaze altogether when not in conversation with them?? Might as well for fear of being accused of something that's probably not even happening.

Just behave the same way you would when in or out of a conversation with a man when in a professional working situation.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

What if looking into their eyes is interpreted as sexual yearning or threatening???

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: pointessa

I don't think their is any strategy to stop racism, ect. The real strategy is to always have a primary victim group and a base of lesser victim groups. The strategy part comes from making each of the groups maintain their belief that they are victims. The method is pitting groups against other perceived groups. Of course, the victim groups are the voting base. It really is as simple as that.

Agreed and the DNC ,MSM, and Hollyweird has nailed it.

The only good part about this is that it is so in your face you have to be in denial or brain dead not to see it. Also, don't forget most of our learning institutions, particularly at the college level.
edit on 19-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

What if looking into their eyes is interpreted as sexual yearning or threatening???

As I said previously just behave towards a woman as you would with a man in a workplace - that would be professional.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Personally I don't want accusations to be believed without evidence. Yes, the victims deserve to be listened to and taken seriously, but not believed without something to back it up. If we continue to follow the path of believing accusations without evidence, then many innocent people will be ruined for no good reason whatsoever. I have personal experiences that coincide with that. I dated a girl who was very manipulative and emotionally/physically violent, yet she convinced many people(including many of my "friends") that I was the abusive one.

To add to your last comment, I would hope that one would see that no effort anyone makes will ever truly deter bad people from doing bad things, if it has, there would be no crime, so what's the point in punishing innocent people by believing every accusation?? Listen, yes, but don't believe without ample evidence. Wouldn't that be great??

I agree with you. In no way am I making light of sexual assault. I have been raped myself. The assault is one thing, but making public accusations and pursuing justice in a court of law bring it another level. Unfortunately, if you do not have any proof and did not file any complaint there is nothing more to be done. I didn't do anything at the time and understand that I just need to get on with it. I don't think someone should come back years later with vague accusations if they don't have any proof, whats the point? Like it or not, the victim has a responsibility if they want justice to go through the steps that will create that outcome. I didn't choose to do that, and I'm not going to whine about it years later. I'm not going to post someones name on social media and try to create some drama over it, because at the end of the day, without proof that is all you are doing.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Part of the problem is that when women make false accusations and then demand that all other women believe them like we've seen, they forget that those men they accuse, especially if innocent, will have women who love them in various capacities - mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc.

Those women aren't just making an innocent victim out of a man, but they're indirectly hurting their own in those other women who love that man because if the man in question is not a predator, he's often a loved man, loved by other women who also get caught up in the crossfire.

Look at all the women who sat behind Kavanaugh in tears, including his wife. They ended up hurt, too.
edit on 19-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Part of the problem is that when women make false accusations and then demand that all other women believe them like we've seen, they forget that those men they accuse, especially if innocent, will have women who love them in various capacities - mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc.

Those women aren't just making an innocent victim out of a man, but they're indirectly hurting their own in those other women who love that man because if the man in question is not a predator, he's often a loved man, loved by other women who also get caught up in the crossfire.

Look at all the women who sat behind Kavanaugh in tears, including his wife. They ended up hurt, too.

If it is a he said, she said situation then the accusations would be unproven, not necessarily false.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If it is a he said, she said situation then the accusations would be unproven, not necessarily false.

Then if you have no evidence, perhaps you shouldn't bring your claims.

There is a reason why you document everything in corporate America, even the most innocuous seeming things. My own husband learned it the hard way after dealing with an office full of passive aggressive women. After the first HR complaint, he documented everything, and he was never caught out by them again. Nevertheless, his workplace was still a living hell until he was moved out of that office.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join