It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of Hell’s Gate at Houska Castle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The Legend of Hell’s Gate at Houska Castle

Please press play before proceeding

Houska Castle, Czech Republic
European folklore holds its share of dark and tantalizing tales of the macabre, and few places set the scene for wild superstition as well as Houska Castle. Located about 30 miles north of Prague, accessible today by an infrequent bus or by car, this ancient fortress remains doggedly standing, a testament to darker days.

Houska Castle, an early gothic, was built between 1253 and 1278, and although Atlas Obscura claims (no sources provided) the fortress was built as an administrative center for the king's estates, the folk legends surrounding the castle make for a chilling tale. Indeed, the castle's remote location, false windows, lack of fortifications, a kitchen, and a water source, make it a rather unlikely home for the living. Unless, of course, you are a Nazi, as the Nazis did indeed occupy Houska during WWII, and you will find that the castle's evil reputation made it the ideal location for men intent on murder, and it isn't difficult to imagine the place appealing to the Nazi's occult bent.

The legends hold that Houska Castle was built on top of an apparantly bottomless pit, a hole that locals contended led straight into hell. And worse, it led hell straight into our world, as the villagers were terrified of half-human winged creatures which would emerge at and confine villagers to their homes at night.

During construction the pit was used as a form of justice in that condemned were offered a reprieve if they agreed to be lowered into the abyss and report on its depth. As legend goes, one unfortunate man was lowered down, only to let loose a series of agonized screams, and when he was pulled out he had aged 30 years instantly-- what had gone in a youth, had come out withered and gray and raving mad.

Today visitors can tour the castle which housed Nazis and legendary demons. Some visitors have reported hearing a chorous of screams emanating from the chapel floor (built over "the hole") as well as clawing and scraping noises. You can take a virtual tour here:
www.360globe.net...
Some additional pics and info:

The chapel

www.atlasobscura.com...

www.tresbohemes.com...

Whether supernaturally or naturally occupied, this is a location steeped in history and legend and would be well worth a visit in person, by my estimate. Would you dare to visit?

edit on 13-10-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thank you for a wonderful story. It's perfect for Halloween.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'd love to visit, and I'd love to be locked down there all night to investigate any bumps or voices.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I would love to check it out. I wonder if anyone has attempted to search for the pit beneath the Chapel floor ? Would make an interesting Halloween destination. I can imagine there are lots of places around Prague just as intriguing. It looks to be in some despair, hopefully it will remain intact least the gate unleashed after it falls into ruins.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Just found this, gonna watch it.
Think I may have seen it years ago though.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Count me in as one who'd love to visit (but would NOT agree to the overnight, no way).

a reply to: muzzleflash

Thanks for posting the vid!

edit on 13-10-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Count me in as one who'd love to visit (but would NOT agree to the overnight, no way).

Oh come on.

What on Earth are you afraid of ?

Does being all alone in the cold dark corridors, hearing a loud bang, knowing you're alone, then hearing a moan off in the distance... then seeing something moving towards you but suddenly disappear... then hearing growls and feeling something grab your arm with an ice cold touch frighten you?

Hehehe

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: zosimov

Does being all alone in the cold dark corridors, hearing a loud bang, knowing you're alone, then hearing a moan off in the distance... then seeing something moving towards you but suddenly disappear... then hearing growls and feeling something grab your arm with an ice cold touch frighten you?

Haha, yep!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The bottomless pit idea is not that far fetched, because the area is littered with ancient cave systems. Thanks for the interesting story!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Ok now I'm lost watching episodes of Ghost Adventures (island of dolls, and the one in Ireland with the banshee).

This is all your fault!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I was inspired by this magazine (and Halloween) to do the write-up... and funny that Houska, The Island of the Dolls, and Station Island, Ireland (St. Patrick's Purgatory) are all mentioned in it!

I blame Life

edit on 13-10-2018 by zosimov because: wrong name for island

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Thanks for the interesting info about the caves in the area!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Spooky !! The music was a great touch too ! Interesting read, but as far as visiting....ummmm

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sounds like Mel’s hole

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Spookieee

S n F

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

That is so synchronized because I just watched the Ghost Adventures special on Dracula's castle last night as I went to bed! hahahha!

And in that episode they talked about amazing synchronicities!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Spooky !! The music was a great touch too ! Interesting read, but as far as visiting....ummmm

In truth the only thing to fear is yourself.
Fear is what allows them to get the upper hand on us.

With that said, I too freak the hell out when I hear something ghastly.
So it's totally normal.

I'm just saying we need to get ahold of ourselves and focus and balance mind/emotions.
Or alternatively you can just scream and run.

Normally I do both, freak out then try to get ahold of myself heheheh!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Cool, gotta love those spooky coincidences!

I found your comments about fear interesting. For one, I love scaring myself- the chills, goosebumps, that uneasy feeling that something might be looming up right behind you.. the moment right before you turn to find... (nothing?)

It's the adrenaline rush which appeals to me for sure.

And I have to say very little on Earth scares me. However--and I plan on writing up a thread on this experience before Halloween--the one time I witnessed what I think was demonic entity, I felt a mortifying, paralyzing fear, felt so SMALL and helpless, that I know better than to purposfully put myself anywhere near those things. I realized that if evil were embodied (demonic entities), just how vile and revolting they would actually be. I also (sadly) realized where I fell short in my faith in God,especially in knowing that fear is the opposite of love/faith.

Not to be all serious in what was intended to be a fun thread.. lol.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

In truth the only thing to fear is yourself.
Fear is what allows them to get the upper hand on us.

With that said, I too freak the hell out when I hear something ghastly.
So it's totally normal.

I'm just saying we need to get ahold of ourselves and focus and balance mind/emotions.
Or alternatively you can just scream and run.

Normally I do both, freak out then try to get ahold of myself heheheh!

lol, yeah I hear you muzzleflash, still would rather go to Hawaii !

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
OP video is unavailable. It's been taken out?

<<   2 >>

join