It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Oh go on, you can tell us. What have you been around? If it is a secret farm up in the mountains you can tell us too. It's either that or trains I reckon.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
.... Poor women, working away for days alone in the kitchen, kneading, rolling, cutting, filling, baking, roasting and other things. And telling the men-folk to leave the food alone. Ah, I remember those days...

AHEM! (Not in MY House.)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I set up the thread for people who will be alone or sad or just want company and I didn't expect to be one who would need company. Now I'm lonely and scared.

Glad you are here. Maybe someone else can join us.

Hey hunny...I'm firing up the laptop so I can hang out and keep you company. I hope by now Mark is doing better and your food has been delivered. So sorry that your happy day went astray.

Chirp...I'm glad your oral surgery (ugh!) went well and you are recuperating...hopefully with minimal pain.

Hello to everybody! Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating.

Timely...hope you and your family are staying safe.

*hugs* all around!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I might go lay down soon and watch movies or watch something on youtube. Been up early two days in a row and have to get up early tomorrow too. Gah!

Awesome to see you Hunny!

I too am glad that Chirp is recuperating.

Mark's numbers are coming down. His blood pressure was 196 over...I forget, but very high. His blood sugars were a little over 3oo. Had they have climbed higher he would have been in the hospital. Relieved that he finally has his blood pressure med and another one he needed.

Hugs to you Sweetheart!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ok sweetie...go rest if you need to. I'm writing you an email right now but will be lurking/skulking around the Shed for the evening. (In case anyone wants to hang out with me and get cyber drunk!)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Just been doing a lot of exploring up in the New River Gorge is all...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks Chirp !

Current situation is the fire remains out of control and a new one has started not far from us ( about 4 miles ).

No immediate danger, however we have lost mobile phone connectivity. We can still call out using Facebook but not everyone has Facebook...

Lots of road closures and very gusty winds are not helping.

Happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate !

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
.... Poor women, working away for days alone in the kitchen, kneading, rolling, cutting, filling, baking, roasting and other things. And telling the men-folk to leave the food alone. Ah, I remember those days...

AHEM!

AHEM! Hi...do you still have the recipe for that "Golden Milk" that you made using turmeric?

I've been researching the link between depression and inflammation...and how turmeric helps with inflammation. If I remember right you felt some positive results from drinking the Golden Milk so if you still have the recipe I would be interested in trying it. Thank you!

(I know what you're thinking...that if I used your recipe for homemade Bailey's it would likely help my depression too, lol) *hugs*

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Hey Jace !

Here ya go

...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Hey Jace !

Hey you!! How are you...are you guys safe?? (gave a shout out to you in earlier post)
Your Shed Family are worried about you!

Thank you for the link to the recipe too!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Thank you Jace !

We are OK but keeping my eyes and ears open.
I have a radio that I can listen to the rural fire service on as well as any chatter on CB radio.

I'll post if anything worsens.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Good to hear...please let us know.

I've been looking at pics of the damage in California and it's horrific.
From your earlier posts it sounded like the fire is not far from where you are. Do you have a safe place to go...are they talking about evacuating your area?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No evacuation for us atm. The beach is over the road if push comes to shove.

We have lost cell phone comms. So anyone trying to contact us could be unduly worried.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wishing everyone well today despite all of our ailments and weather conditions.

I'm beginning to think that Gordi's castle won't make a good Shed home afterall. I think some of us need a Shed nursing home instead.

Hi Chooch. Nice to see you here today.

Blue throws a pumpkin pie at Jacy and runs away to hide where she can't find me.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Is going to the beach a good idea? Fire on one side of you and water on the other?
I don't mean to be a nag but if it gets to the point where you think you need to leave...do you have a way of getting somewhere safe?

I don't know how people's cell phone packages work regarding international texting, but if you need to get messages to friends or family could you maybe private message somebody here that could send messages for you?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Beach would be the best choice, there is only one road in and out as we are on a peninsular.

The beach is hundreds of meters from any bushland as we have massive sand dunes in between.

We have spoken to some family on FB, so they can get messages out for us.

I feel for all the native reptiles, koalas etc. that have little in the way of options.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Relax.

There's even a lift if you look hard enough...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Blue throws a pumpkin pie at Jacy and runs away to hide where she can't find me.

You can't get away from me that easy hunny!
(I will find you!)

Sorry, was on the phone...my friend Tracy just called me so I didn't see you sneak in here.

The castle will make a wonderful Shed. We will look after each other and nobody will have to worry about being older and alone. I'm going to keep picking up lottery tickets because I'm an eternal optimist.
(A depressed optimist, so I'm kind of an oxy-moron...or maybe just a moron, lol)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Hi Hunny,

I think Dave has already pointed you in the direction of a turmeric thread?
Cheers Dave.

Yes, I found it to be VERY helpful with inflammation and pain in my knees (and other joints!).
The weird thing is, that once I'd used it several times (over a few months)... I hardly ever have to use it again now????
(It's like it "fixed" at least part of the problem??)
I have been taking my boys jogging to build up their stamina/fitness for rugby recently, and haven't needed any anti-inflammatory (except for Ibuprofen BEFORE I go) at all!! (This is something of a minor-miracle given where I was even a few months ago with this!)

YES - In my "middle 50's" I've started trying to jog again.
AND... ***deep breath*** I out-sprinted my 13yr old at the end of the run much to his astonishment!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Just saw some news on the fires and popped back in.

In my (((heart)))

Thinking of our Kaelci and Bass and anyone else who is in harm's path but, I believe is stronger than it!

< 3
Be back soon!
The girls are loading up to go to Knoxville...first world issues for sure.

I DO worry, -probably more now than when they were younger LOL. Young women and all that!

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join