It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh- What if he did do those things?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ok let's just for one moment look at the other side.

Let's just say he did do inappropriate things 30/35 years ago.
What if he has not had any misconduct since. Not a single coworker, neighbor, etc.
I think we are going down a very slippery slope.

I'm not saying I believe or do not believe the allegations. I am questioning the whole "movement" of looking at a person's conduct from a time when that conduct was considered ok.

Should people be held responsible for things that were considered somewhat the "norm" back then.

If you are not over 40, you can't imagine what times were like back then.
I think we'd all be in jail. - I'm serious.

Kids used to make mixed drinks for their parents, we used to buy cigarettes, we used to sit on our parents lap while the car was driving, we used to take sips of beer with adults, we used to pinch people on the butt if they didn't wear green on st. Patrick's day. Seriously, I could write ten pages of things we did back then that would probably get us all arrested today.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

And this is the exact thing the Democracts want you to do. Let's have a discussion.....no thank you. Not today...have a vote to take care of first.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

If you think this is the only time this is going to come up you are mistaken. This is the new norm.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It isn't new-and it isn't normal. The metoo started this and politicized it and it became expediant to use in the Kavanaugh confirmation.

Same ole same old politics. Doesn't really matter if it's the demos this time-the repugs will retaliate.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Since none of us have lived perfect lives, what he did 35 years ago at a party should not be held against him now. Kavanaugh has been on the second highest court as a judge for several years already. He's clean.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I can see perhaps overlooking the exposing incident.

But I am sorry, if he tried to rip of a girls close who was screaming, and covered her mouth to stop her, that is a huge deal to me, and I would want him disqualified for that.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If it happened, how would YOU prove it, or is that even necessary?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
the bottom line is he's a conservative, and that was his major mistake.

IF he was a liberal, he would be Sen Booker

Harvard University has Primal Scream and Streaking...so everyone at Harvard cannot be ......

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What if Kavanaugh masterminded 9/11?
What if Kavanaugh has Hillary's emails?
What Kavanaugh had Bigfoot's baby?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Ok let's just for one moment look at the other side.

Let's just say he did do inappropriate things 30/35 years ago.
What if he has not had any misconduct since. Not a single coworker, neighbor, etc.
I think we are going down a very slippery slope.

I'm not saying I believe or do not believe the allegations. I am questioning the whole "movement" of looking at a person's conduct from a time when that conduct was considered ok.

Should people be held responsible for things that were considered somewhat the "norm" back then.

If you are not over 40, you can't imagine what times were like back then.
I think we'd all be in jail. - I'm serious.

Kids used to make mixed drinks for their parents, we used to buy cigarettes, we used to sit on our parents lap while the car was driving, we used to take sips of beer with adults, we used to pinch people on the butt if they didn't wear green on st. Patrick's day. Seriously, I could write ten pages of things we did back then that would probably get us all arrested today.

Man, the old days were great. You could actually live and have fun with each other. Then we started letting all the whiners get there way and not you can barely stand your fellow human beings. Now we are on a full out race to the bottom. It is sad really. But thanks for reminding me how life used to be.
edit on 24-9-2018 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Attempted rape was never considered "okay". We're talking about boys at a Catholic Prep school. Do you think that school officials thought the boys actions were "okay" at the time"? Do you think, back in the day the whole Catholic Church thought that priests molesting youngsters was okay back then too?

Do you think Ford's parents', had she told them what happened, would have said, "Oh well, these are the times we live in. Boys will be boys." Or, do you think her father and brothers, if she has any, would have gone over and beat the crap out of Kavanaugh?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Vote.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What if Kavanaugh masterminded 9/11?
What if Kavanaugh has Hillary's emails?
What Kavanaugh had Bigfoot's baby?

The more I look at this woman, the more she looks familiar.

Hey, wait a second.

She might of assaulted me when I was drinking 40 years ago.

Where is my hearing ?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Jesus, why do you hate women?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That's the whole thing... Even if he DID do what she says, I would have to write it off because it's been nearly 4 decades since this happened and what's done is dust in the wind. He didn't murder anyone, he wasn't charged and put on a wanted list, none of that... This shouldn't even be an issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

This is what I am referring to, today we call it attempted rape, but back then there was a lot of rough horseplay like that (times have changes and yes for the better but we have to remember times were different then).

This was also a time when you could give a teacher of the opposite sex a long hug. One of my male teachers actually took a friend and I out of town for the weekend and our parents were totally ok with that. We were 14yr old girls and he was in his 50s! Can you imagine that today?

There were guys that pulled down girls skirts (there were guys that pulled down other guys shorts) I guarantee you they weren't trying to rape anyone, but fast forward 35 years and it might appear that way.

I'm not saying that no guys ever tried to rape anyone, of course they did back then and there are a lot that got away with it, but i'm saying there were a lot of cases that might have seemed like it that weren't.

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Attempted rape was never considered "okay". We're talking about boys at a Catholic Prep school. Do you think that school officials thought the boys actions were "okay" at the time"? Do you think, back in the day the whole Catholic Church thought that priests molesting youngsters was okay back then too?

Do you think Ford's parents', had she told them what happened, would have said, "Oh well, these are the times we live in. Boys will be boys." Or, do you think her father and brothers, if she has any, would have gone over and beat the crap out of Kavanaugh?

They probably would have asked him about it and then he would have told them, once he got back for the summer, that he'd been out of town.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What if _______ had Scalia killed?
What if _______ suggested a coup attempt?...

What if it comes out that MUELLER did “something” at “some time?”

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Sookiechacha

This is what I am referring to, today we call it attempted rape, but back then there was a lot of rough horseplay like that (times have changes and yes for the better but we have to remember times were different then).

This was also a time when you could give a teacher of the opposite sex a long hug. One of my male teachers actually took a friend and I out of town for the weekend and our parents were totally ok with that. We were 14yr old girls and he was in his 50s! Can you imagine that today?

There were guys that pulled down girls skirts (there were guys that pulled down other guys shorts) I guarantee you they weren't trying to rape anyone, but fast forward 35 years and it might appear that way.

I'm not saying that no guys ever tried to rape anyone, of course they did back then and there are a lot that got away with it, but i'm saying there were a lot of cases that might have seemed like it that weren't.

Yep. You can watch pretty much any 80's movie and see how things were. They were made in the image of the way things were.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I would totally go back to the late 70's early 80's anytime.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join