It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Loses Prized NASA Internship Over Vulgar Tweet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is that very same kind of arrogance that caused that older female woman to lose against Trump in the election.

You aren't going to do anything by acting that way except to alienate all your possible allies.

This is common darwinism 101.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Comments such as those say something about the person. One good thing about the internet is that we are learning that many people are not who they make them self out to be.

I think it's helping. Acting like you're a less racist, bigoted, whatever person in order to be accepted socially eventually turns you into that type of person.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is the new form of censorship.
you can Not say any think bad about some people and groups.

its like the fluffys? what ever you call them.
you can not say you like trump or dont like the colour black.
as people take it the wrong way.

for you yanks colour is color.
you just spell it wrong!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Baldryck
No, people are ridiculous. Honestly, f* isn't even a terrible word anymore, it's standard vernacular in any song playing on the radio.

Even if it's an oh so terrible word adults should be allowed to say it.
Even people that work at NASA

Operation paperclip. Bring in the Nazis.
Just don't say #

You are implying it's not a terrible word...So why shouldn't kids be able to say it as well???

im implying its just a word.
i dont get bunged up about 'bad' words

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

She absolutely should be denied. The initial post is fine, the lack of respect in that response is exactly what's wrong in our culture.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think she is getting a different position. Hopefully she learned her lesson. Her losing the position is appropriate but she shouldn't lose every opportunity here on out.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
One person in the world. lol, I couldn't give a # if she was banned from working at McD's lol

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
People expect that everything will be sugar coated on social media and no one will burst their safe space bubble. It's getting ridiculous.
I wonder if they will start banning people for thoughts once that tech to control smartphones with mind will go live...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Young people do and say stupid things - that at least hasn't changed throughout history.

There should be a required three hour class on the dangers of social media going into college, these kids seemingly are not aware of how their actions can hose their careers right out of the gate. Data mining new hire info is easy and many companies do it.

I agree about the disrespect angle - and being able to post online has given people a sense of confidence, bravado and rudeness that they would never attempt in person, looking someone in the eyes as they say the crap they say. I sort of think it gets better over the next couple of generations though. Right now you have parents who have no idea what social media is about, and they have no idea how to approach, monitor, or teach their kids about it. New generations having gone through the good and bad will, and will be able to teach their children the dangers of social media.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
So you'd feel perfectly ok with walking up to a 5 year old and say, "Hey there, f**cker, how the f**k ya doin?" ?

That happened to me this weekend at my friend's annual end of summer BBQ. Turns out last year I pushed that kid off a swing so I kind of earned it.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: roadgravel
Comments such as those say something about the person. One good thing about the internet is that we are learning that many people are not who they make them self out to be.

I think it's helping. Acting like you're a less racist, bigoted, whatever person in order to be accepted socially eventually turns you into that type of person.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

If you were thinking of the statement "fake it till you make it", I don't think that's what it means at all. It means keep trying until you accomplish your goals. Pretending to be much more tolerant than you are just makes you a manipulative hypocrite. I think you will get inner conflict, self loathing, hypocrisy and a world of fake people pretending. Wouldn't it be much better to able to debate your differences rather than pretending to be holier than thou?
edit on 27-8-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yeah.

President.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Common sense.
If you cannot shut up, and have a lot to lose...
Consider deleting your twitter account.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
If you were thinking of the statement "fake it till you make it", I don't think that's what it means at all. It means keep trying until you accomplish your goals. Pretending to be much more tolerant than you are just makes you a manipulative hypocrite. I think you will get inner conflict, self loathing, hypocrisy and a world of fake people pretending. Wouldn't it be much better to able to debate your differences rather than pretending to be holier than thou?

I was not. It's a quote from Vonnegut. It essentially means that you should take care when identifying with groups, as you will eventually take on the characteristics of those groups. For example, if you are into conspiracy theories you eventually turn into Maurice Woodside.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You would think the younger generation, (born in the tech era) would know better! They’re smart enough to know when you post content it’s out there for the world to see, but most don’t think past that! First impression means a lot, especially in the work place. This is going to follow her for awhile weather she gets a second chance or not. She’ll be an easy target for any employee that has it out for her and wants her gone. “Cut Throats” the work place is infested with them!! The evidence clearly says she’s capable of being rude, using disrespectful and inappropriate language that would almost always result in immediate termination. Hickman could of filed a sexual harassment complaint against her! What a remarkable and decent human he is to go out on a limb to find her a better position! She’s already a liability before she gets her foot in the door! Got to be kidding me. Maybe she sucked his d*** and b***.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join