It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Loses Prized NASA Internship Over Vulgar Tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: TinySickTears

She represents NASA which, possibly, could be representing the entire human race to the galaxy.

"Welcome to Earth, bitch! Suck my d# and balls!"

That's what you want?

Yeah.
That sounds pretty awesome

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You know what have been really funny? If she tweeted that she was a flatearther that just got an internship at NASA. Stay tuned for the exposure of their lies

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I like how "front hole" has been popping up in threads.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Most have already been eliminated.

Thanks goodness the friends and family won't have to hear the month long whine of mistreatment.

link   
How many have lost their jobs or ruined their careers with their own actions on twitter?

A lot!

Should be common sense by now for people to shut themselves up. She gets a second chance which I am fine with, but I wouldn't have cared if she didn't.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

NASA want to employ the best and brightest........this woman is obviously a idiot.

Can't say I blame NASA for giving her the boot.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I bet she is going to be in the PR department.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Believe me I get it
Just seems silly.

It is silly that society gets bent so easily, but its the world we live in.

Freedom of rights and expression are everyone's, including employers. If they want the expression associated with their entity done in a certain way by employees, that's their right as well, one we don't have to accept, but you must accept the concequences if you disregard them.

link   

originally posted by: grey580

Normally this wouldn't bother me....

However a government agency fired her for using her freedom of speech.

Sounds like she got her rights violated.

You don't tell your boss or higher up to suck their dick and balls.....that does tend to get you fired.

link   
She's too stupid to know that everything is out in the open and this is a pissed off world. If I was NASA I wouldn't hire her for a cleaning job. Stupidity breeds.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
She's too stupid to know that everything is out in the open and this is a pissed off world. If I was NASA I wouldn't hire her for a cleaning job. Stupidity breeds.

Precisely. At the high of my managing career for corporation everyone knows, we all had to sign documents saying we were free to express ourselves in any legal means so long as we were off the clock, did not have a visible logo on our person, and did not include the company name in our speech or actions. We then signed a similar document reiterating that stance for social media specifically.

There are many ways you can get fired for not being able to juggle the line between personal and work life. People will never show us a shortage in creativity on how to do that.

I had 30~ employees at any given time, I had to weed out the ones who would drag their personal snip into work, or their work into their personal snip.
edit on 24-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We also sign papers and have training on a regular basis but a few times a year someone gets to voluntarily quit. 100,000 employees stuff is bound to happen. Stalking and lying about what people say trying to get someone fired is the most common. Theft is probably the most common reason for termination.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What gets me is that she was too dumb to realize that was Homer Hickam! Unfortunately, nobody here realized that either.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: NthOther

She represents NASA which, possibly, could be representing the entire human race to the galaxy.

"Welcome to Earth, bitch! Suck my d# and balls!"

That's what you want?

Yeah.
That sounds pretty awesome

You have kids so I know you will be teaching them that their working life will be affected by their mouth.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wonder if he was stalking her

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That's where I am at.

If she got hired, fine. Second chance, and all that.

If she got fired, fine there, too. Those tweets aren't real impressive, though the apology shows a modicum of intelligence.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltdan08
What gets me is that she was too dumb to realize that was Homer Hickam! Unfortunately, nobody here realized that either.

Work for any large company and tweet "Everyone shut the ef up! I work for ________", I doubt one of their board members would be so polite as to kindly tell you to remove the vulgarity.

You'd likely be fired before you have the chance to tell them to suck your twig and berries (only more colorfully).

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Homer is supposedly trying to help her out. But there is more to it.. Its also because her so called friends went crazy on him to the point he closed his twitter down. they threatened him and basically treated him like trash. Yet he is still trying to ensure she has the internship so good for him.. but she needs to find new friends..

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I wonder if he was stalking her

Orrr.... He searches or gets showed trending tweets related to NASA.

I've never, will probably never use Twatter, so I'm not really sure, just spit balling.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Stealu1two

she needs to find new friends..

Who a person associates with makes a statement about their self.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join