It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen to plead guilty

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

All based on dirt hillary paid for from russians.

No.
You're forgetting Georgie. Like the House committee said:

But the memo states that FBI agent Pete Strzok opened the investigation in July 2016 based on "information" about Papadapoulos, rather than the dossier.

thehill.com...

But hasn't everyone been saying this doesn't have anything to do with that Russia stuff?

edit on 8/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No.

But the memo states that FBI agent Pete Strzok opened the investigation in July 2016 based on "information" about Papadapoulos, rather than the dossier.

thehill.com...

What did "georgie" have to do with getting a fisa warrant on carter page?

Was he mentioned in the fisa warrant?

And as I have shown, opening the investigation based on the georgie story was a scam in its own right.

Or are we going to launch spies and wiretaps into any campaign who has a drunk say they talked to a foriegner with dirt on opponents?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Here's the deal. There was plenty to impeach Obama over (including his illegal DACA and DAPA programs), but we all know that the Republicans didn't push for it for fear of blow back from the minority community, so they sued instead and had a federal judge at least call foul on the DAPA program. A mass of state attorney generals all got together and threatened to sue if DACA wasn't dropped, so Trump did what he could with that by dropping Obama's Executive Order. The rest remains to be seen on DACA.

There's going to be the same fear of retaliation if Congress tries to impeach Trump. Regardless of what campaign finance laws have been broken, more Americans are concerned with weeding out the corruption in the most dangerous of places, the Clintons, the DOJ, CIA, and FBI. If Trump goes, so does any future hope of draining the dangerous swamp.

Impeachment won't happen, and if Congress is crazy enough to try and make it happen, we're going to see some major uprisings that everyone was trying to avoid with Obama. Uprisings that this country may never recover from. I just don't see it happening.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

first off, neither you or could possibly know weather they had anyone on hillary's team tapped, god knows they've investigated her enough!!
and second... hillary didn't hire the russian gov't intelligence community to look into trump, she hired an american firm, who hired an ex intelligence officer from one of our allied countries, who didn't hack anyone's emails or computers, but used his connections he had in russia from his work as an intelligence officer to find out what he could about trump.

third, there's really quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that trump might have gotten quite a bit from the russians (not your average russian citizen by the way, but russian gov't officials) , that spanned from the hacking of computer systems and email accounts to the slow drip of the information gained back to the american people.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I believe so, yes.

But this thread is about Cohen.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Hiring an ameircan firm to committ a crime for you doesnt make you innocent.

She knew the firm she hired worked with a foriegn spy to get dirt from Russians on trump.

Not only did she continue to pay for that service once she knew, but she lied about paying for it for a year afterwards.

It is laughable that people try to make the argument that meeting a russian and getting no dirt is a crime, but paying a firm to hire a foreign spy to get dirt and actually getting and using that dirt is not a crime.

Every objective person knows this is a nonsensical stance.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I believe so, yes.

But this thread is about Cohen.

I dont believe you are correct.

Nonetheless, yes about cohen, and the fact that he was raided, when others accused of similar crimes were not raided like this.

In fact, can you list one other prominent politician who had their lawyer raided like this?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

She knew the firm she hired worked with a foriegn spy to get dirt from Russians on trump.

Not only that, Hillary was jumping up and down in October practically demanding that someone in the media publish the dossier. She wanted to make sure that all of her efforts and money didn't go to waste before election day in November.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

In fact, can you list one other prominent politician who had their lawyer raided like this?

No. But I bet I could find lawyers who have had warrants issued for suspected bank, tax fraud, and other crimes.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

maybe i am wrong, but I think they were watching page long before the campaign started...

News accounts in 2017 indicated that because of these ties to Russia, Page had been the subject of a warrant pursuant to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in 2014, at least two years earlier than was indicated in the stories concerning his role in the 2016 Presidential campaign of Donald Trump.

en.wikipedia.org...

maybe the other presidents didn't have the kinds of headaches trump has because they weren't stupid enough to have suspected russian agents working for them!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Page was actually a witness for the fbi before he worked with trump, so yeah I guess they knew him.

All of the sudden their witness was suppsoedly a russian spy, according to a foriegn agent paid by a proxy by hillary clinton, who had connections to the very russian oligarchs that trumps team was accused of having connections with.

Feinstein had an actual spy working for her for over ten years, yet instead of the fbi wiretapping her and sending spies, they went to her and helped her.

Hillary had the podesta group working for her, who lobbied for the very same russians manafort did staright to hillary and other republican and democratic politicians.

Hillarys law firm, fusion gps, had the very russian spy don jr is accused of meeting, vesilnetskya, as one of their paid clients. That same hillary hired firm also had connections to many other russian oligarchs, such as deripaska.

Hillary recieved millions of dollars through her foundation from russian interests. Bill clinton himself personally met in sercet with vladimir putin, and recieved half a million dollars personally from a russian state bank not a week later.

And I could go on and on.

Yet only trump connections to russia need looked at.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No. But I bet I could find lawyers who have had warrants issued for suspected bank, tax fraud, and other crimes.

www.google.com...

But strangely none connected to a prominent politician?

I guess politicians must all be squeaky clean, and hire squeaky clean lawyers.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

All of the sudden their witness was suppsoedly a russian spy,
No. Not a spy.

I don't know. Feel free to investigate further.

Not all.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

All of the sudden their witness was suppsoedly a russian spy,
No. Not a spy.

I don't know. Feel free to investigate further.

Not all.

Yes, page was accused of being a spy.

"A surveillance application filed by the FBI in October 2016, a month before the election, said: “The FBI believes that Page has been collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.”
www.theguardian.com...

Wrong again.

As to the rest, you know the treatment of trump lawyer was unique, but continue to feign ignorance.

Thats fine by me.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If they try to impeach Trump I think the people will rise up and speak very loud . I think Trump being impeached would be really bad for the Democrats during the mid-terms . I'm also old enough to have been drafted and remember the people speaking very loud then . I also think Pence would keep the Trump agenda going , are they going to impeach him too ?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It is possible to collaborate and conspire without being a spy. For example, Cohen and Trump appear to have been collaborating and conspiring. Which one was a spy?

As to the rest, you know the treatment of trump lawyer was unique, but continue to feign ignorance.
Watergate was unique.

edit on 8/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No.

thehill.com...

But hasn't everyone been saying this doesn't have anything to do with that Russia stuff?

Didn't that mccabe guy testify under oath the fisa warrant was denied twice without the collection of steele unverified stories?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It is possible to collaborate and conspire without being a spy. For example, Cohen and Trump appear to have been collaborating and conspiring. Which one was a spy?

Cohen was Trump’s lawyer for 12 years. Of course they appear to have been collaborating.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSubversiveOne

You mean colluding? Of course they were.

It's the conspiring part that's getting interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Watergate was unique.

Of course youy would chose to play semantics, I assumed as much.

Everything I said was true, the fbi used this man as a witness, then a year later accused him of conspiring and collaborating with a foriegn power.

You chose to ignore the point, and focus on semantics.

Oh, and you are even wrong semantically.

A person employed by a government or other organization to secretly obtain information on an enemy or competitor.

en.oxforddictionaries.com...

As part of his secret conspiring and collaborating with russia, he no doubt would have been obtaining info and passing it along, making him a spy.

Care to explain why this semantic argument means something to you, and why you challenged my claim that he was accused of being a spy by the fbi?

Can you explain how the fact that he was accused of conspiring and collaborating with russia instead of spying for russia has any relevance to the point I was making in that post?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join