It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Thing' spotted crossing road near Fitzroy Crossing WA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: CaptainBeno

if the first one is the same few seconds of the photo perhaps of jumped up on its hind legs when it saw the headlights coming

Most people in that part of the world know what a ferrel pig looks like. Not even sure they get them up there.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Like others, my first idea was gillie suit or something like it. Agit8dChop's idea about a feral pig also struck home and it looks like there's a glimpse of tusk there on the side of its face. Then I started looking more carefully and I don't think it's a pig because the legs aren't nimble and dainty-looking. Those legs are thick and fat which makes me start taking the reporter's story more at face value...he said the images are of the same thing.

So what I'm thinking is there was a guy in some sort of camouflage outfit who stooped, or ducked, to avoid either the glare of the headlights or the camera. Headlights more likely because the guy wouldn't see past the glare. if that's the case, we run into a few problems with the story.

A guy out at night in a ghillie or similar would hear an engine from miles away. He'd be ducked down and out of sight before the headlights ever caught him. That little point makes me wonder if it was a set-up for a lark?

I also started wondering about poachers because they can be pretty intrepid and get about. Bit of googling shows there's a small trade in poached reptiles from W Australia. WA's illegal wildlife trade: Criminals making up to $10,000 an animal selling WA's natives on black market and here's another example - Australia’s wildlife blackmarket trade. Was it a guy out at night trapping exotic critters for the black market?

Poacher or hoaxer and maybe Aussie members can say if the poacher idea has any motion?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

the second one definitely looks like a feral pig

if the first one is the same few seconds of the photo perhaps of jumped up on its hind legs when it saw the headlights coming

But the first one does not at all look like a feral pig. Its legs are too thick and its feet are too wide to be those of any pig. The same applies to the second photo. Its legs are nothing like those of a pig.
Critter still unidentified.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The only person getting round in a ghillie suit up there might be a bow hunter.

But most only wear camo.

You’re right about getting out of sight, all you’d have to do is walk 20m off the side of the road and you’d never be spotted.

And if it was a poacher, they wouldn’t let themselves get spotted.

ETA: Trapping reptiles at night is probably quite difficult too... but I could be wrong..

edit on 20/8/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

First pic is a yowie, second one is its food.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Could it possibly be a wombat walking on its hind legs due to an injured foot?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

both of the claimed postions are suspect, the first photo light soucre is pointing at the target with the camera source to the right at about 20degrees
the second photo has the target at the edge of the light source and the camera at the right say about 35degrees
i tink theres enought light info in the images to work out the distances between them having the exo data will help as well
also the ground looks rippled, caterpiller tracks?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
lmfao. we are still discussing this obviously fake post?

i mean its a picture of a screenshot of a picture of the back of a cell phone.

poster might be legit, but the 'original faceboook poster' is fos.

as soon as the poster said 'i cant get the originals...'

well, there is your answer.
hopefully people stop commenting, and giving the poster fake views.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That was my first thought, too.

So blurry though, it's hard to identify anything...

It'd certainly be startling though...irregardless of what it turns out to be, or not to be.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

They wouldn't necessarily be trapping at night, they'd be setting traps and collecting at night. It's a high profit game with the potential for serious prosecutions which *might* explain attempts to conceal identity. It's an idea.

It's a bugger to make sense of. I'm stuck between silly hoax and poaching.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You can spotlight when poaching, it freezes your target just long enough to get your shot off.

...and, no, I don't poach, but I know how.

Not sure what you'd spot light in WA...nor why one would need a ghillie suit. But it is possible, perhaps even likely.
edit on 8/20/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The poachers I mean are catching them live to sell as exotic pets for thousands of dollars. I posted two links that show the market prices and how they target protected species.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The second one could well be Spam on the hoof. They get very active at night.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Oh. Missed those.

Still, the ghillie suit part of it, doesn't quite fit...seems like overkill, at night. MHO, of course.

ETA: Read 'em. Thanks!!

Multi-billion dollar business...
edit on 8/20/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Doesn't have to be a ghillie. Could be anything to camouflage the guy. It's worth it because the potential profits from poaching are very high and the risks include prison.

Could be anything really. I'm out of ideas.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Guy in a ghillie suit

edit on 20-8-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

It is one of those stories... I know someone who who knows a couple who don thoses suits and wander around Juneau in the woods. Lord knows why but it does happen.

Ask me, good way to be shot!

First one for sure. Second, looks very similar but who knows? Can’t tell how long apart the photos are.

for the effort and the wonder!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Any chance of the original photos. I mean, blurry photos of blurry photos on someones phone..???, just askin.

“I think Bigfoot is blurry. That’s the problem. It’s not the photographer’s fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that’s extra scary to me. There’s a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run! He’s fuzzy -- get out of here! "

RIP, Mitch!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Any chance of the original photos. I mean, blurry photos of blurry photos on someones phone..???, just askin.

“I think Bigfoot is blurry. That’s the problem. It’s not the photographer’s fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that’s extra scary to me. There’s a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run! He’s fuzzy -- get out of here! "

RIP, Mitch!

This could be it he just vibrates all the time. Wonder if thats why every UFO picture is blury? Well we need to put a stop to it cant have hairy things running around vibrating can we.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

There's a mini-subculture of wild camping called 'stealth camping' that your couple might be part of. It's about a 7/10 on the creepy scale imo because it's about hiding out in the woods near people where they can't see you. Imagine being dressed in camo with your tactical knife and hiding behind ferns and bracken so woodland walkers won't see you. I appreciate that most people mean well when they're doing it and regard it as training for SHTF. AT the same time, if a buddy spent weekends hiding from people in the woods it'd be weird.

Dude in the photos could have been playing hide and seek. Could have been pranking/drunk or been poaching and lost his focus on traffic noise. Might have been a stealth camper who was very, very bad at the game. It's a big old world and the possibilities are, weirdly, many. We're only a couple of years out from the killer clown craze so anything is possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join