It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of Man Harassing Woman Over Puerto Rican Flag Shirt Prompts Investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Watch the first 1/3rd of the video until the 2nd and 3rd officer arrive. It's obvious the first officer on scene is trying to keep things calm, probably in part because he was about to deal with two drunk men and apparently they were initially with a drunk woman who seems to not appear in this video but is spoken of about 25 minutes in when the woman is explaining the back story to the female officer.

Police doing their jobs properly don't escalate situations unless it's a last resort, so in my esteem, the first officer did his job properly here. The sidebar comments on Facebook see it differently, but comments like "That cop is a racist pig" when he's done NOTHING they can disagree with except fail to tackle and hogtie a guy who was just running his mouth speak a lot more to the character and quality of the side bar commentator than they do to the actual content of the video.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: burdman30ott6

which means loudmouth drunk was even less qualified to say jack snip at the woman about PR

The same can be said for the woman that thinks 'Murica owns PR.

See the House and Senate votes.

We do pretty much own it. It's an unincorporated territory . All PR Citizens are US Citizens. It is part of the US. Many of them serve in the US Military as well. I served with some PRs in the military myself.
edit on 11-7-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

which means loudmouth drunk was even less qualified to say jack snip at the woman about PR

The same can be said for the woman that thinks 'Murica owns PR.

See the House and Senate votes.

God dammit, Neo. Must you?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Watch the first 1/3rd of the video until the 2nd and 3rd officer arrive. It's obvious the first officer on scene is trying to keep things calm, probably in part because he was about to deal with two drunk men and apparently they were initially with a drunk woman who seems to not appear in this video but is spoken of about 25 minutes in when the woman is explaining the back story to the female officer.

Police doing their jobs properly don't escalate situations unless it's a last resort, so in my esteem, the first officer did his job properly here. The sidebar comments on Facebook see it differently, but comments like "That cop is a racist pig" when he's done NOTHING they can disagree with except fail to tackle and hogtie a guy who was just running his mouth speak a lot more to the character and quality of the side bar commentator than they do to the actual content of the video.

I agree.

The cop was just letting the drunk with a deeper hole so when he did act he had actual grounds for arrest and charges.
edit on 11-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

'Citizens' that don't get to vote in our democratic process. Sure they get to nominate. Then get stood up at the dance.

Like all good little territories.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah, no excuse for people like this guy, at all.

But at one point, some off-camera guys says that Puerto Rico is an American state and that they vote for our president*.

Sounds like there were two ignorant people there, but only one was harassing in his ignorance. I can excuse the other instance.

* yes, I know that there are limited instances where Puerto Ricans can vote, but those who live on the island cannot in most instances, and certainly don't during presidential elections.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

'Citizens' that don't get to vote in our democratic process. Sure they get to nominate. Then get stood up at the dance.

Like all good little territories.

Yeah they get a bad deal out of it. We really need to give them statehood. It's basically a state. I think we also have 3 or 4 military bases there too.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

They voted on that.

And the outcome was stolen from them.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yessa.

I must.

Not a fan of instant fame from social media.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

With nearly all of the precincts reporting, 97 percent of the ballots cast were in favor of statehood, a landslide critics said indicated that only statehood supporters had turned out to the polls. Opposition parties who prefer independence or remaining a territory boycotted the special election, which they considered rigged in favor of statehood.

www.nytimes.com...

Call them citizens if you want.

On an island where voter participation often hovers around 80 percent, just 23 percent of registered voters cast ballots.

Doesn't make it true.

They want something else.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

We really need to give them statehood.

The US cannot give a territory anything.
The people have to vote on it first.
Otherwise , that would be "forcing statehood" on a territory.
They dont want to be a State in the Union so why force them to be ?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Oh please. He was harassing the hell out of her. She was trying to be calm. A strange old redneck yelling at me like that, would have scared me, and I'm sure it did her too, or she wouldn't have called for help.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

With nearly all of the precincts reporting, 97 percent of the ballots cast were in favor of statehood, a landslide critics said indicated that only statehood supporters had turned out to the polls. Opposition parties who prefer independence or remaining a territory boycotted the special election, which they considered rigged in favor of statehood.

www.nytimes.com...

Call them citizens if you want.

On an island where voter participation often hovers around 80 percent, just 23 percent of registered voters cast ballots.

Doesn't make it true.

They want something else.

Just stop......you making a fool out of yourself.

Puerto Ricans are US citizens. And I would love you to tell a peurto Rican vet they are not and see what happens.......

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

1. I'd not call the guy a redneck.
2. Was there some part of "immediately arrestable" which you didn't follow? The woman was right to call the cops and the cop was right to assess the situation first rather than come swooping in and immediately take down the man making the woman "uncomfortable."

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

and if actually physically assaulted her, put her in the hospital??

Definition of assault
1 a : a violent physical or verbal attack
b : a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces

an assault on the enemy's air base

c : a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary)

an assault on drug trafficking

2 law
a : a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension (see apprehension 1) of such harm or contact — compare battery 1b
b : 1rape 1

www.merriam-webster.com...

he intimidated her into leaving the space that she had every right to be in, acting aggressively, and then followed her. that is assault.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MemoryShock

Does it matter or have anything even remotely to do with the topic of this thread?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

What I find 'revolting' is that this TURD would make any comment to anyone wearing a shirt all the while wearing a "homemade wife beater" The world's worst fashion fo paw

He also looks to be 'pedophilian like' This guy grew up in the 60s and 70s when they didn't have computers so they fried ants w/magnifying glasses, some quit some went "Full Dahmer"

Check the local Sex Registrant List and then act shocked when You spot this guy's mug, why else would He give 2 squirts about the PR shirt?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's not a word salad...but a difficult read. I like to think that I'm mirroring my reaction to your posts...: )

-Actually Off Topic Despite the Fact that I offered u2u weeks ago-

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join