It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations Presidente AMLO!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well there's this one thing, Mexican tend to use that form even when it doesn't really apply, like when saying "porque tenias/tuviste que abandonar" instead of saying "porque abandonaste" so it could be confusing

Also i have heard it like this "porque me abandonas?" even when it already happened instead of saying "porque me abandonaste"

I don't know why but i hear it a lot, that's just normal so it could be either way, he may be talking about all of them or just the ones that will do it in the future, hard to say what he had in mind
edit on 2-7-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

He did not encourage anyone to do it, but said it is a human right for anyone who chooses to.

Or, he was saying that it is a human right that they be defended and aided, since the US government wasn't doing so.

The candidate was speaking about the conditions under which migrant children were being held, and he called on the current Mexican president, Enrique Peña Nieto, to take action, including sending a team of lawyers and psychologists to the border to assist families.

www.factcheck.org...

Of course, some would think differently. And many, including the source you quoted earlier, would selectively quote in order to make their questionable point. Why would they do that, do you think? Why would they not provide the full context?

BTW, that Google translate is what I got from the external quote you posted.
edit on 7/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't care what they would do, I care about what I posted, which is not what anyone else but the President said. YOUR source agrees with my translation. So why are you arguing when your own source agrees with me?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: xBWOMPx

Did he say anything about citizens going towards U.S. borders. That is what I am talking about.

You seem to be shifting our conversation, which seems suspicious.

Sorry, im not trying to shift. He does mention his people coming to the border, he knows they do for money and he tells his people he will make there economy much better so they wont have to. He tells them he wants mexico back to where people feel secure to vacate to mexico and have a lot of tourism. If your talking about illegals coming here and children being seperated from there parents because mom or dad got arrested for crossing illegally then no, he hasnt said anything. My wife doesnt even feel sorry for them, she says they knew this would happen its nothing new and says they are only trying to get into america to make some of that great green back and will say anything to get in. Sure, i think some genuinely try to enter for safety but i think our media is blowing this way out of proportion, anything to bash the Trump family, but thats all the MSM does. My wife doesnt like Trump at all but she sees right through the MSM. Idk if thats the answer you are looking for but when i have asked about whats being discussed on debates and speaches he mentions that about his people trying to leave. The economy is so bad people are trying to work for the cartels and his goal is to make the economy so strong nobody will anymore and itll make the cartels small and weak. Idk if id call this guy a liberal, hes all about power and freedom to the people and getting his people to start there own business rather then government controlling business and healthcare. Anyway, sorry for the run on paragraph, im great with math but my grammar sucks, not ashamed to admit that.

Well I wish him all the best in his endeavor to MMGA.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I didn't google translate. I read it myself. I just showed you using the actual tense what he said. Stay ignorant, I proved it. If your wife says the word he used is past tense she is lying. I suspect she never said that and she never even read the source I provided and you are making crap up based on what she has told you overall.

So you speak spanish then?

I just translated it and gave you the actual tenses of the words. Are you claiming I was wrong? Are you claiming he used the PAST tense when he said abandonar. Is it really your claim abandonar is past tense and not abandonado?

NO ONE has a human right to immigrate to America. No one. That doesn't mean there should not be immigration, but sorry, it is NOT a human right as he EXPLICITLY stated, his words, not mine.

Weird but everytime im reading your replies i hear intense yelling and aggressive speach... sometimes i even see feet kicking.... weird...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

There is no debate. He said it's a human right. His words. There is no human right. It's a privilege.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Because your claim that AMLO was encouraging people to migrate to the US is false when the context of what he said is known.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I wonder how much change he can get done in only six years? Especially against a whole Govt of resistance from the previous administration. It will take 2 years just to get things rolling I would think under ideal circumstances.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Because you are clearly unable to look at what people are saying with any understanding. It's evident in your inability to rationally post about the words the President actually said, which I provided in both languages, and now your inability to not only make a proper reply without resorting to logical fallacies, but a complete lack of understanding of my mood which you somehow think you can decipher. There is no yelling, it's called emphasizing key words to help you understand, clearly there is simply no hope for you as even Phage posted a source that 100% agreed with my translation (even though he won't admit it, it's right there in his source).

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I read the translation.

I disagree with your interpretation of it because I'm not ignoring the context of what he was talking about.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Because you are clearly unable to look at what people are saying with any understanding. It's evident in your inability to rationally post about the words the President actually said, which I provided in both languages, and now your inability to not only make a proper reply without resorting to logical fallacies, but a complete lack of understanding of my mood which you somehow think you can decipher. There is no yelling, it's called emphasizing key words to help you understand, clearly there is simply no hope for you as even Phage posted a source that 100% agreed with my translation (even though he won't admit it, it's right there in his source).

Now i hear calm angry steady tone

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Because your claim that AMLO was encouraging people to migrate to the US is false when the context of what he said is known.

Sorry, that is a false statement, I never made that claim, not once. I actually explicitly stated AMLO did NOT make that claim. So please try again. Here is my actual post where I said AMLO never said that.

The false reporting is saying he was calling for migrants to do it, he didn't. But he said immigration into America is a human right he will defend for anyone who thinks they have to do it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My claims were he said they SHOULD be able to, that's what it means to be a human right. He flat out said immigration into the US for anyone in the world who feels they need to is a HUMAN RIGHT, last I checked those are the types of rights that can't be infringed meaning the US should have no say over whether they can be allowed in.

Human Right, his words.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Your source agrees with me. The only thing they don't address is the human right aspect, they say we dont know what he meant. Well human right has a meaning, so I would imagine he meant what it means. It's like me saying the floor is wet and you saying you don't understand what I mean by that.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

What I hear is more logical fallacies and you refusing to address the actual words spoken by this man. The only reason for that is because you can't.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
I wonder how much change he can get done in only six years? Especially against a whole Govt of resistance from the previous administration. It will take 2 years just to get things rolling I would think under ideal circumstances.

I would think the idea is to make things as better as possible so that another one will follow in 6 years and keep going with the same ideology?

It would be impossible to fix 100 years of misery in 6 but maybe if they manage to keep in power they can start changing things around

Who knows

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

That's great, your source agrees with me. He called it a human right for people who feel they need to leave their villages to do so and come to America. They just don't understand what he meant by human right, i would say he meant what it means. I am pretty sure that's how language usually works.

It’s unclear exactly what López Obrador meant by “human right” in his quote. He was speaking of migrants “who of necessity have to leave their villages,” but he didn’t call for “an invasion” of Mexican citizens, which is how some websites spun his comments.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I disagree with what you think he meant. But then, I disagree about what some people think Trump has meant to.

Aren't you glad that Trump is looking forward to working with him?

edit on 7/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Sorry, that is a false statement, I never made that claim, not once. I actually explicitly stated AMLO did NOT make that claim. So please try again. Here is my actual post where I said AMLO never said that.

The false reporting is saying he was calling for migrants to do it, he didn't. But he said immigration into America is a human right he will defend for anyone who thinks they have to do it.

My claims were he said they SHOULD be able to, that's what it means to be a human right. He flat out said immigration into the US for anyone in the world who feels they need to is a HUMAN RIGHT, last I checked those are the types of rights that can't be infringed meaning the US should have no say over whether they can be allowed in.

Human Right, his words.

He doesnt say that. Your ridiculous, every country has a right to make immigration laws to protect their country and most of all, if the USA opened borders for everybody, we wouldnt have a USA anymore. But again, he is not saying its a human right for anybody in the world to move to the usa if they want to. Your translation sucks

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I disagree with what you think he meant. But then, I disagree about what some people think Trump has meant to.

Aren't you glad that Trump is looking forward to working with him?

What do you think a human right is? What was the human right he was referring to?
I have no opinion either way, I will be glad if something constructive is accomplished. I care about results not promises.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Human Right, his words.

He doesnt say that. Your ridiculous, every country has a right to make immigration laws to protect their country and most of all, if the USA opened borders for everybody, we wouldnt have a USA anymore. But again, he is not saying its a human right for anybody in the world to move to the usa if they want to. Your translation sucks

Actually that's the translation of FactCheck.org that is trying to support AMLO. Try again.

“Soon, very soon, to the triumph of our movement, we will defend migrants from Mexico, Central America, of the entire American continent and all the migrants of the world who of necessity have to leave their villages to go and seek life in the United States; it is a human right that we will defend for all Mexicans and all migrants.”

www.factcheck.org...

Soon we will defend. Future tense.
Migrants who have to leave. Future tense.

No past tense.

He says seeking life in the USA is a human right. Human Right. His words.

es un derecho humano

Feel free to ask your wife what those words mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join