It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump migrant separation policy: Children 'in cages' in Texas

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

“I hate the children being taken away," Trump insisted Friday on the White House lawn. “The Democrats have to change their law. That's their law.”

lol, god he's such a puss.

he's wrong, it's not a law, it's policy. do you really think it's a law?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

On a slight tangent...wanna know something I think Trump hasn't done that Bush and Obama did?

"Free Speech Zones"

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: trollz
What do you think would happen to you if you got caught sneaking into Canada?

I was curious, so I took a look.

Nearly 100,000 migrants in Canada jailed without charge

Detention: The Canadian government jailed 87,317 migrants without charges between 2006 and 2014. Migrants, including up to 807 children per year, are the only population in Canada who can be jailed on administrative grounds without ever being charged with a specific criminal offense. In 2013 alone, migrant detainees spent a collective total of 503 years behind bars. Many migrants face indefinite detention and some migrants now face mandatory detention.

The Canadian government jailed over 87,317 migrants without charge between 2006-2014, and spent more than a quarter of a billion dollars over five years to detain migrants. Migrants are the only population within Canada who can be jailed simply on administrative grounds without being charged with a specific criminal offense.

In 2014, the United Nations’ High Commissioner for Human Rights’ Working Group on Arbitrary Detention strongly chastised the Canadian immigration detention system.

Whoops! Looks like the neighbors to the north pounding at us how horrible we are have no leg to stand on

But it doesnt matter because Trump and America Bad.

You know I was a big supporter of Ted Cruz, I despised Trump, have my whole life (or his rather) , but these people are really making me start to actually support this guy.

You guys are seriously losing it about Trump, along with any and all credibility, that goes for the media too (not that it had much left)
edit on 18-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
I think a wall would fix a lot of these situations.

Not likely,

The real fix and cost effective measure is to go after the AMERICAN companies that are giving illegals incentive to come here illegally by giving them jobs.

However, neither the left or the right likes this solution because some of the largest lobbyist(Construction,Agriculture, Hospitality) for both party benefit directly from the illegal labor pool .

Instead what we get from both sides is BS and never let a good crisis go to waste mentality. Hence you get the build a wall BS that is unnecessary and will only deepen the pockets of many gov't contractors.

edit on 46630America/ChicagoMon, 18 Jun 2018 14:46:21 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
So crossing the border is a misdemeanor for first time offense.

Any policy that detains and separates for a misdemeanor is unjust.

No, anyone who endangers their children... by trying to smuggle them into another country, using dangerous methods and dangerous people who could kill you and your family on a whim... that's unjust! Just because the people don't like where they were born and living doesn't give them the right to come here. Myself and thousands of others gave years of our youth to defend our country! Now it's being corrupted by people who's reason for "compassion" is just a get out the vote drive!

Py

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

here's a good link that compares a few of the developed countries facing this problem.

We're far from the only ones, but damn we are the ones who take the most heat.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: underwerks

Bad is bad, regardless of who does it.

Like someone who illegally crosses a border. I'm not saying they're bad people, but what they did is bad. Seriously, if I tried it I would be subject to the same process.

So why is America and only America vilified when every developed country dealing with this problem does the same thing?

Your ancestors, who probably were the worst scum to walk on the face of the earth at the time, did exactly the same. It's bad what they did... Why do you get to stay in the US?
edit on 18-6-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pyguy

So crossing the border is a misdemeanor for first time offense.

Any policy that detains and separates for a misdemeanor is unjust.

No, anyone who endangers their children... by trying to smuggle them into another country, using dangerous methods and dangerous people who could kill you and your family on a whim... that's unjust! Just because the people don't like where they were born and living doesn't give them the right to come here. Myself and thousands of others gave years of our youth to defend our country! Now it's being corrupted by people who's reason for "compassion" is just a get out the vote drive!

Py

not everyone being detained is guilty of what you outline and imply.

first world view is nice

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
The real fix and cost effective measure is to go after the AMERICAN companies that are giving illegals incentive to come here illegally by giving them jobs.

However, neither the left or the right likes this solution because some of the largest lobbyist(Construction,Agriculture, Hospitality) for both party benefit directly from the illegal labor pool .

This 100% without question.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Examples?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: underwerks

Bad is bad, regardless of who does it.

Like someone who illegally crosses a border. I'm not saying they're bad people, but what they did is bad. Seriously, if I tried it I would be subject to the same process.

So why is America and only America vilified when every developed country dealing with this problem does the same thing?

Your ancestors, who probably were the worst scum to walk on the face of the earth at the time, did exactly the same. It's bad what they did... Why do you get to stay in the US?

My grandpa and grandma were both immigrants, really nice couple. They came over and did the paper work. (not sure about my dad's side)

And I get to stay because I was born here.

Hope that cleared everything up.

Edit: maybe my grandpa might have been scum in some eyes. He fraught Italians in WWII for America.... He was Italian.
edit on 18-6-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Examples?

of what?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Isurrender73

it's not a law it's a policy that can be changed easily.

let the kids stay with thier parents, ffs.

both sides need to come together and discuss rationally. i've heard A LOT of republicans say the wall is a dumb idea, and a huge waste of money. but, trump NEEDS this wall so he's blinded by it and nothing gets done.

obama did not seperate kids from their parents.

And if they aren't the parents, but a human trafficker, well, those are so rare, we just won't even worry about that. Group hug, then open the border and let everyone in.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

BOSTON — Gov. Charlie Baker is reversing a decision to send a Massachusetts National Guard helicopter to the country’s southern border, citing the Trump administration’s policy of separating children from their parents.

The Republican governor said Monday his decision to put the National Guard mission on hold was due to what he calls the “cruel and inhumane” policy of separating children from their parents as families arrive at the border.

The crew has been set to fly down later this month to work with federal officials to help track illegal activity along the border with Mexico.

Baker said Massachusetts won’t be participating until the family separation policy is changed.

President Donald Trump on Monday again falsely blamed Democrats for the policy and declared he would keep the U.S. from becoming “a migrant camp.”

LINK

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

why is it that we all know that is the easiest and fastest fix to this, but it's the last thing that will be done?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Examples?

of what?

Of your claim you nitwit

Seriously how are you this dense?

You have to be a teen

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Bingo.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My ancestors came legally and through the port of Philadelphia. Enforcing immigration laws is something all developed countries do. Do you get that?
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
My ancestors came legally and through the port of Philadelphia. Enforcing immigration laws is something all developed countries do. Do you get that?
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Of course they get it, but these stories get purposefully written to feed on and high jack peoples emotions.

Immigration laws are also in place to protect the immigrants so illegals don't get taken advantage of.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: KTemplar

I totally agree. Why must children and families be separated? This serves no purpose except maybe change the minds of the illegals-maybe the USA isn't the dream they were told?

Either way, these are humans who deserve decency-it is very sad that where they are now-in dententions fenced separated from their families-is better than where they came from.

Families, especially in these situations, belong together. This is abhorrent and below USA morals. Why more are not speaking out? Because we have no answers except to ship them out-back to wherever they hailed from-which was probably war, death and destructon. Therein lies our great dilemma-we can't make them slaves to pay for themselves and we can't make Americans pay for them to stay. So, now what? At least let the families cling to each other. That's the only humane thng left to do until this country decides their future.

Too bad we couldn’t send our forces to Mexico to make America and Mexico great again! Taking out the cartels would help in the opioid epidemic and murders and trafficking in Mexico.
edit on 18-6-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join