It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ridiculous case of victim Colten Boushie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Justice for Colten Boushie??
www.cbc.ca...

Up here in Canada,our government did some really terrible things to the natives up here.
That is not what this thread is about but to me,the lingering effects of the past,seems to dictate the reaction of both the natives and our politically correct government.
Their "issues" have skewed the actual issue at hand here in my opinion.

If we pretend for a second that everyone was the same race,this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Here is the case and the details.

www.cbc.ca...

hree people who were in the SUV that brought Boushie to the Stanley farm testified in court as Crown witnesses: Eric Meechance, 23, Cassidy Cross-Whitstone, 18, and Belinda Jackson, 24. They said their day began at the Red Pheasant First Nation reserve, located about 57 kilometres north of Stanley's farm near Biggar, Sask., and that it involved some drinking.

The day started on a reservation with alcohol.

On the way back to the reserve, the group got a flat tire.

They ended up at the ranch of Marvin and Glennis Fouhy in the district of Spinney Hill, northeast of the Stanley farm. Cross-Whitstone admitted to trying to break into a truck there. The group then took off, the SUV's muffler dragging "real bad," according to Meechance.

So there is one attempted theft.

They had a flat tire and their truck had a dragging muffler.
They pull off the road onto a farm.

Cross-Whitstone didn't know it, but Gerald was also a part-time mechanic, fixing up the vehicles of people who live in the area and even people coming off the road.

Perfect...they found a guy who could help.
Did they really want help?

Gerald and Sheldon both saw someone from the SUV go into a gold Ford truck parked in the yard by a customer.

Another attempted theft or just general disrespect for other's property.
It doesn't end there.

"We didn't really think anything of it," recalled Sheldon, thinking it was one of his father's customers. Both Stanleys saw the SUV make its way toward the shop and someone get out and climb aboard an ATV. Sheldon Stanley hollered at the person.

So now they try to steal an ATV??

She said she heard Gerald Stanley tell his son to "go get a gun." She said Gerald Stanley retrieved a gun from the shop and she saw him shoot Boushie twice in the head. (An autopsy only found one bullet entry hole.)

What they found at the scene.

The .22-calibre rifle, which belonged to Cross-Whitstone, was found near Boushie's body. It was bent out of shape and contained five bullets in the magazine and one in the chamber.

So here is why I wrote this thread.

Gerald Stanley was found not guilty.
Immediately after there was a big uproar about justice for Colten Boushie.

Saying this is a native problem is ignoring the crime itself.

There is another case that just came up where a native was caught trying to steal a guys truck and he got shot.
www.cbc.ca...
This is what they had to say about that.

n that case, a reportedly all-white jury reached a not-guilty verdict in the death of Boushie. "There's a lot of issues in the whole justice system that we need to work on … I just hope that the same mistakes aren't made," she said.

So what would be the verdict if it was an all native jury??

The case carries echoes of the Boushie case. A man from the Red Pheasant First Nation in Saskatchewan, he was shot and killed by Gerald Stanley in August 2016. The jury in Battleford, Sask., deliberated for 13 hours in February before finding Stanley, 56, not guilty of second-degree murder. The verdict was described as an "outrage" and a "black eye for Canada" by Isadore Day, Ontario regional chief of the Assembly of First Nations.

An outrage and a black eye for Canada???
Sure the Canadian Government did a whole lotta nasty things to our native people,but that doesn't make or break a criminal case TODAY.

This was made a racial issue when race had NOTHING to do with it and THAT is the real black eye for Canada.

(forget he is native)
A guy goes onto someone's land with his friends who have been drinking,with a gun,while attempting to steal things and gets shot.
THAT is the case....it has nothing to do with being native.

So...who is the victim here??
Colten Boushie or Gerald Stanley??

This is a bit of a touchy subject so please stay within the T&C.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Murder is murder ...Canada does not have capital punishment . do the math .We do have a 911 system though .RCMP always get their man . or so we are told .

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

They showed up with alcohol in their system, a gun and tried to steal stuff.
Nobody was murdered.

A landowner should have the right to protect his things,should he not?
Their actions dictated what was going to happen next....the farmer was minding his own business,I can't say the same for the "murdered" person.

Police can't just show up within minutes to a rural farm....do THAT math.

edit on 11-6-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

There is such a thing as man slaughter .Heck I think its against the law to commit suicide or at least it used to be . If you drink and drive and kill someone its manslaughter . We have a law system . No where does it condone vigilante justice .

Nobody was murdered.
But someone died just like a drunk driver killing someone its called man slaughter
edit on 11-6-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No where does it condone vigilante justice .

Calling it vigilante justice is still admitting justice.

Gerald Stanley is no vigilante...he was a guy who was working on his property and had a bunch of twits show up on his property.
They acted,he reacted.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Murder is murder ...Canada does not have capital punishment . do the math .We do have a 911 system though .RCMP always get their man . or so we are told .

In rural areas, cops are usually no where near to help. We're supposed to run and hide if possible until they decide to show up, or drive half hour to get there. It would be nice to at least be able protect ourselves physically, if not our belongings.

On many farms, there is nowhere to run and hide either......and rural crime is far too common.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Calling it vigilante justice is still admitting justice.
Not in a civilized society its not. Being the judge jury and executioner is not our legal system .

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

It would be nice to at least be able protect ourselves physically
There is nothing in the law that forbids that .

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Sure, it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

As long as you don't end up in jail for protecting oneself. I have large dogs myself, as a deterrent for anyone showing up with bad intentions.

I don't have a lot of faith in the justice system.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

As long as you don't end up in jail for protecting oneself.
My dad was given 1 year in jail for doing just that . They reduced the charge from murder 1 down to illegally discharging a fire arm .

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

So you think Colten Boushie was a victim?

Lets take a look.
A guy is minding his own business on HIS property.
A group shows up and tries to get into a truck...after that,one of them tries to start an atv.

You say this in response to snowspirit

It would be nice to at least be able protect ourselves physically

You

There is nothing in the law that forbids that .

So who is the victim here??
I don't think it is Colten Boushie.

Also,I don't have a lot of faith in the "justice" system here as well.
It is a court of law...not a court of justice.

edit on 11-6-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

And he still went to jail. For protecting himself.

There's many people that would lose everything they have if they go to jail.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It is a court of law...not a court of justice.
Our justice system is a game played out on or in a court with a judge . I have often referred to it as the " just us system " and it is . The laws are made by the law society which we are not a part of . So at the end of the day we have one society imposing on another society which by the way is not legal . Any society can impose laws on its own members who wish to be a part of that society but it would be like our society imposing laws against their law society .
edit on 11-6-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
On many farms, there is nowhere to run and hide either......

That's Saskatchewan.

As to the piece Dad(an RCMP officer) always said it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Did these guys provide a threat or were they just trying to stealing stuff?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

And he still went to jail. For protecting himself.
Yes . He also did 3 years in prison for killing a moose . But he is or was Native

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I always thought that hunting and fishing was part of the treaty rights. And even if I'm wrong on that, 3 years sounds very excessive.....shouldn't that be just a fine (if he even did anything wrong there)?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I thought I read somewhere that the wife was punched, but I can't find it now.

This should never have turned into a race issue, it was rural crime, which is done by people of all races, colours...

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The Marshall case that went to the Supreme court was over turned and the treaty rights were acknowledged . Dad did his bit years before that was established .

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not looking at this as a race issue. This sin't the States where you can kill a stranger if they are just on your land, or so it seems. Killing someone here has to be a case of life endangerment, not just fear of such.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

When you commit a crime, when you violate someone's property, when you break the law, then you get what you deserve.

In this case it was a .22 through the skull.

Don't steal other people's stuff and your chances of getting shot drop drastically.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join