It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's: You buy more from touch-screen kiosks than a person. So expect more kiosks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Because some jobs require more pay than others.

Why? Anyone can learn how to perform any job.

Why do I make $50 an hour to perform the same job as my coworker (who is more talented than me) gets paid $15 an hour to perform?

Compensation has nothing to do with the job.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Arnie123
Because some jobs require more pay than others.

Why? Anyone can learn how to perform any job.

Why do I make $50 an hour to perform the same job as my coworker (who is more talented than me) gets paid $15 an hour to perform?

Compensation has nothing to do with the job.

Anyone cannot learn to do any job. Some people simply don't have the aptitude or drive to do certain jobs. I work in sales. The top sales guy at my company makes well into 7 figures. On the other hand, some sales folks can barely crack $30k/yr selling the same product at the same company.

Some jobs are simply worth more than others. Jobs that generate revenue tend to pay more than operations jobs which are a cost center.

You ask an intriguing question. Why does your company pay you $50/hr vs $15/hr to do the same job. I've never seen a company do that... so it is a good question.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Anyone cannot learn to do any job. Some people simply don't have the aptitude or drive to do certain jobs.

I don't believe that for an instant. While it's possible that not all people have the same drive, I think that's more due to habits that get built than anything else. The real part where I disagree though is in aptitude. If we take the idea that all people are born as a blank slate, then all people have equal potential. It would only be if people aren't blank slates, but are born with predefined limitations that such a thing could be true. And if that were true, then that makes an even greater case that society has a mandate to care for those people.

You ask an intriguing question. Why does your company pay you $50/hr vs $15/hr to do the same job. I've never seen a company do that... so it is a good question.

I asked for more when I was hired. That's the basic answer. But then you have to consider, why did the company agree? I certainly don't warrant it. I have no special skills, and I'm outright bad at what I do, the company thinks I'm a lot better than I am simply by virtue of how much money I asked for. What a person is paid really has nothing to do with what their job is or the value they bring. It only has to do with percieved value from the person that signs the checks.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: surfer_soul
Even with a universal "basic" income, people will only just manage to scrape by, they won't be able to afford all the extra shizz that drives the economy. How will it be any different to the situation those that are already unemloyed find themselves in?

The largest advantage to a basic income is that it gives people the ability to feed themselves and pay the rent while inbetween jobs. That fact alone gives the ordinary person immense leverage in being able to negotiate for a better job, because they always have the freedom to walk away from an unacceptable offer.

Ok but who's gonna pay for it? Not our corporate overlords surely?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
Ok but who's gonna pay for it? Not our corporate overlords surely?

Taxes. It's actually not all that expensive to implement. When you consider that a UBI would fully eliminate the need for medicaid, medicare (with proper health insurance reform, like the ACA had), and all welfare programs, just by eliminating all of that you would cover 60% of the costs.

It would have required very little in the way of additional taxes to fund such a program under our old tax structure.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well then explain why anyone needs jobs at all?

We have the technology to build everything automotive right now. Including farms that don’t take up 2,000 acres of land, across just by building farming towers.. With all recycled water, refilled by rain, led lighting/solar power.. and shake vibration floors allow quick and easy harvest to roll down a shaft and drop fresh food into your hands.

It’s not a matter of people rejecting technology it is a matter of corporate greed.
Without this greed there would be no currency. Without currency there would be no way for people to buy it.

But the biggest thing is, without Jobs all the previous listed just don’t work. Nobody works for free, and people always want more then their fair share.. Eliminating jobs is never the answer when the world revolves around paper.

a reply to: Isurrender73

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don’t believe there is going to be anything left if they get rid of all mediocre jobs (that don’t even pay enough for college education), this action will continue to separate the upper/middle/lower classes.. it’s going to cause another crisis.. Because any newly created job requires 12 degrees..

They pulled a similar stunt like that in Oregon. Granted pumping your own gas isn’t a bad thing.. but it put more people on the streets in one of poorest cities in our country.

In fact in a town of about 12k about 2k are homeless. Most because they were gas pumpers and all the houses are taken from people living in California lying about their living location to avoid California taxes.

Point is, without the crap jobs, an economy will collapse putting more people on the street who barely make minimum wage as it is. some places you can’t even afford a rental without 5 strangers living with you.

edit on 10-6-2018 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I know what you mean I ordered 2 double quarter pounders combos large sized and plain like I do every time I go to this location and this time it came out both sandwiches had everything and small fries so I sent my order back waited 15 more minutes got my order and both fries still small and both sandwiches labeled plain both made with everything so I ask the girl if little blond haired boy could read she looked at my order and told me my order was going to be replaced to or sweet and threw rest in the trash. So I spent 30 minutes waiting on my food and did not get Jack extra used to they would give you something when they snuffed up like an apple pie or a free drin,k

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I know some people are complaining about speed of using the Kiosk but they also complained about the self check outs at the grocery store and Home Depots. After using a couple times I prefer these over the tellers (unless she really cute).
As for fast food. Link the Kiosk to an App on my phone. I prep my order on my phone which already has my payment information. I can walk in and just tap or wave my phone (NFC) at the Kiosk and order is entered and complete.... now get that crappy for my health food deep inside my belly!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Well if you want to make a difference then "accidentally" spill your coke on the touch screen.

Working at fast food joints is many kids gateway into the workforce and these machines are robbing them of that opportunity. The problem is convenience as many people don't have the time to cook anything, which is why it's important to teach your kids how to cook and teach them to be innovative.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: dug88

Well if you want to make a difference then "accidentally" spill your coke on the touch screen.

Destroy/damage the machine because you don't like it. How very luddite of you.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If you support jobs try and use self checkouts and kiosks as little as possible they're convenient but every time you reaffirm to these companies.that they should replace people and jobs with these.

I work in the electronic payments device industry. Someone needs to design, build, implement and support these kiosks. Each of these roles pays more than your typical FF job. So instead of 10 people that "make a wage that doesn't support an independent lifestyle" you get 5 jobs that actually do. Seems like a fair trade, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join