It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's new water rules WTH?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You guys are allowing comservative media to lie to you. The bill requires cities, water districts and large agricultural water districts to set annual water budgets. In other words tell the state how much water they will use. Failure to meet these budgets is a fine if 1000.00 per day to whowver provides your water service. The rule is set at 55 gal per person in there water district. To be fined everyone in there water district would have ro exceed 55 gallons.

Now suppose your a family of four you have 120 gallons per day and doesn't seem to difficult. But if you go over as long as others on your water district dont the water district wont be fined.
edit on 6/7/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Don't forget about POM

One Central Valley Farmer Uses Two-Thirds as Much Water as L.A.

As the owner of 15 million trees, Resnick is the largest single water user in the Western United States, and he’s both a titan of agribusiness and of marketing. He and his wife Lynda are responsible for the rebranding of mandarins as easy-to-peel Cuties and the association of pomegranates with antioxidant-fueled wellness through POM Wonderful, a claim the Supreme Court effectively nixed.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
First of all zero hedge

www.sacbee.com...

No, Californians, you won't be fined $1,000 if you shower and do laundry the same day

The bills that were signed State Assembly bill 1668 and State Senate bill 606 address water districts not individuals.

Here are the facts:

The two bills, AB 1668 and SB 606, set general guidelines for water agencies to follow in California's post-drought era.

Water agencies will be encouraged to have their customers limit indoor water use to an average of 55 gallons a day per person, declining to 50 gallons by 2030. But that's just a target a water district will be asked to meet across its ratepayer base, as part of a broader "water budget" strategy.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

So instead of improving water management infrastructure like reservoirs and desalination and the like, mad Cali cuts straight to rationing.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Let those morons in Sacramento do things like this and they will find that the state gets split in two or more states.

A lot of us in rural calif are getting tired of this s**t and instead of moving out of the state we will vote our selves into a new state.
If you look most of the water they are talking about comes from rural calif and we want it back.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So instead of improving water management infrastructure like reservoirs and desalination and the like, mad Cali cuts straight to rationing.

Read the f..ing quote "... as part of a broader "water budget" strategy."

I live here - and everyone, is working this problem, - rather then ignoring REALTIY and MAKING THINGS UP. Somethings are better then others - but California isn't denying there is a serious problem.

WTF are you doing about anything?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What do you think the water districts will do to the customers using more then 55 gallons a day just how will they encourage us?
edit on 6/7/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Waterbo-. . . . Oh wait.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
And I suppose their counting on all the illegals playing by the rules too huh....

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Let those morons in Sacramento do things like this and they will find that the state gets split in two or more states.

A lot of us in rural calif are getting tired of this s**t and instead of moving out of the state we will vote our selves into a new state.
If you look most of the water they are talking about comes from rural calif and we want it back.

Yes - you rural CA folk - who work for the massive agricultural water wasters. Right - you know what's best for everybody.

Well the fact is - workable solutions to this ongoing problem require all people of goodwill to work together.

You can be a talking head for whatever private 'rural' California scam you believe is in your best interests - but solutions will require sacrifice from all segments of the state. I know a number of folk from 'rural' CA, some actual farmers - small holders, and they believe the same - it will take conservation (ooooh - notice the word) by businesses and individuals and infrastructure improvements and modifications and restrictions on use in many cases.

This isn't something new. California has know and worked on these issues basically since it's founding. While the solutions never please everyone's self-interest so far the State has done pretty well for itself.

TYBSASIUYA

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: ketsuko

Read the f..ing quote "... as part of a broader "water budget" strategy."

It's a damn hoot to read about a state like California, which consistantly runs massive fiscal deficits thanks to social spending run amok, forcing them to also be one of the highest taxed states in the nation, speaking of any sort of "budget." Jerry Brown doesn't give a rat's ass about deficit spending, so why in the hell should Californians pander to his water budget in any way? Hell, I'd go into every public bathroom I could find in Cali, turn the water on in the sinks, and walk away.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
^^^^ Lol LOL what they gonn'a do on the next round of wild fires ?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
^^^^ Lol LOL what they gonn'a do on the next round of wild fires ?

Smother the flames with illegals and dry Earth dropped from electric planes.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

All i can say is that I will flush twice because california, aridzona and nevada need the water.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm not a Californian, although I have gone to college and worked there a time or three. You think producing the food you eat is wasting water? Why?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

This is actually part of a public raping. These are BILLIONAIRES using US Taxpayer $$$ to make even more $$$ and to also suck up ALL the water rights in the West...

I've reported this to ATS™ since Ca. had the drought.

It is a SCHEME! But what isn't?

www.thedodo.com...

www.alternet.org...

psmag.com...

Look at some of the names here.. Walton Why would they need to use other people's $$??

WAKIE WAKIE---

Just an FYI- The human body actually NEEDS water to operate so there is that.. Fluoride™ added to it isn't enough to get people off the couch, who do You think will give a snip?

Stay Hydrated... (It is still FREE for the time being...)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Living somewhere other than Cali.

But what else is setting a water budget than water rationing?

Frankly, what is Cali doing other than expecting everyone to set a cap on their water usage through this budget?

Are they improving their infrastructure?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Cisterns.

www.latimes.com...

More people could follow in Adler's steps under a bill in the California Legislature. The proposal, which would encourage homeowners to collect rainwater, could make its way onto the 2018 statewide ballot.
New construction, renovation, new ownership and some purchases for a home require a property tax reassessment, which typically increases a tax bill. A proposal from state Sen. Steve Glazer (D-Orinda), SCA 9, would exclude rainwater capture systems from property tax reassessments starting in 2019.

Legal now, apparently, to collect water. Everyone who is easily able to, should.

Seems like now is a good time to get into the water tank business in that state, opportunity knocks...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Jesus Christ California is a #hole.

No it's not. It is one of the most beautiful and productive states on the mainland, and it's good points far outweigh it's bad ones.
They may be one of the first to need to conserve water, but as time rolls on, most other states will need to follow.
Water is a resource most of us take for granted, and we need to accept that we need to value it more.

Well you can go round stinking like #, I think I will pass.

There is this little techonology called desalination , maybe if California spent less time playing gender politics and more time investing in that you might not be talking about reverting to 3rd world conditions.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I do not know what kind of nuts they got in charge over there in California, but maybe their people should start to examine what is really going on there.

Nansi Pelosi? Need one say More?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join