It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhh....Video States More Than Half Of Millennials Are Going Through "Quarter Life Crisis"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Oh look, another "millennial" bashing thread.

Just remember folks, some of us do have a spine, and some of us can stand on our own two feet. We don't all live with our parents in their basement, and we haven't all had what you'd term an "easy life".

Keep that in mind when you broadly paint all "millennials" with the same brush.

You had your mom type that.

ADMIT IT!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
One of the weakest generations by far.

Hmmmm.....I'd say their parents have a lot to answer for actually. They bred all these snowflakes didn't they and either filled their minds with delusions or didn't fill their minds with anything.

Too many Princes, not enough blacksmiths.

Too many Princesses, not enough handmaidens.

I find these millenials quite entertaining actually. I love to mess with those fragile delicate minds and see the fury and frustration of reality close in around them.
edit on 13/3/2018 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Oh look, another "millennial" bashing thread.

Just remember folks, some of us do have a spine, and some of us can stand on our own two feet. We don't all live with our parents in their basement, and we haven't all had what you'd term an "easy life".

Keep that in mind when you broadly paint all "millennials" with the same brush.

Sry its just part of growing up.. If you think you have to hear alot of shi.. Imagine having baby boomers as your parents.

If you got caught smoking weed they put you in a 30 day rehab and prayed for our soles.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

If you got caught smoking weed they put you in a 30 day rehab and prayed for our soles.

As a baby boomer I can only say that the bottoms of your feet are very important to us.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I find these millenials quite entertaining actually. I love to mess with those fragile delicate minds and see the fury and frustration of reality close in around them.

Haha. Like it's that easy to find dumbasses in real life. YouTube is easy. Pick what age and demographic, you'll find what you want online.

The real world is mainly regular people of all ages.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOl . and our souls too.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Try a different field?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That's funny I actually tell my mother I'm having a quarter life crisis whenever I have a mental anxiety episode. She thought that term was equally hilarious. What works for me may not work for every other Millennial but figuring out how to regain control over the things I SHOULD have control over in my life has been very great (Edit to add: I should mention it has by no means been easy for me from my perspective. It's been grueling, I'm still working on it now even, every day but I'm in a much better place now than I was when I graduated high-school 9 years ago. I don't like "The Game" but I understand that I have to figure out how I can best "Play the Game" so that I'm not left behind and miserable on this one life I might get.) Some people can make big steps, I had to do it in little steps, like I was a toddler again reteaching myself how to deal with my life and the people in it/ around it. I guess I'm lucky I don't have it as bad as a lot of other Millennial seem to. Also I hate the term "Millennial" because of what a bad rap it has but I was born in 91 so call it what you will.

-Alee
edit on 3/13/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hurr durr Mom’s basement.

I live in the attic, thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm a financially secure "millenial".

The biggest aspect of my "quarter-life crisis" is the realization that most of the planet is like a herd of buffalo running towards a cliff and no one seems to care. Reagan tore down solar panels off the white house, Obama had more drone strikes than I had in my hay-day in modern warfare 2... It's all so backwards. Once you peer beyond our indentured servitude in this futile financial system you see a bigger problem - it appears no one in the world knows what to do, or the meaning of life, so we drown in temporary luxury and save up our entire life to afford the biggest grave stone.

All generations are depraved.

Keep in mind millennials inherited the ignorance of their parents... I fight every day to not be fogged by these preconceptions
edit on 13-3-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hmmmm...ya....I dunno....life is I suppose. Im not sure what a midlife crisis even is let alone a quarter life crisis. Life just is. It has it's ups and downs. Sometimes it's kinda crisisful sometimes it's not. Meh

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I bet there is just as much unsuccessful millennials as baby boomers.

That's a great point. I am willing to bet most people in say the last, oh I don't know, 10,000 years have had adversity. Some more that others.

Perhaps a good question would be: How do they handle it? Do they blame or do they get back at it? It's probably down to the individual level. I know some great folks in that age bracket. Hard workers willing to take responsibility for things. I know some great Baby Boomers too.

Is it just a cultural thing we (as a whole) are enabling the latest young folks meeting challenge by giving them an out?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sorry. I'm busy working my trade job in another state from where AI actually live while preparing for the CCNA exam and I have to wake up at 5:30 to go to work early tomorrow because we gotta work longer hours to get the job done.

No real time for this.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Snowflake? How exactly did I blame them for my problems? I'm in my mid 50's, own a home and two vehicles, which are all paid for. I'm financially stable, bring in a nice pension and I'm only responsible for teaching my kids how to avoid some of the pitfalls in life. In my mid twenties I took responsibility for my life, without whining and bitchin' about it like a baby. I too struggled to find what I wanted in life and worked two jobs while trying to sort out my life. I didn't ask for handouts, nor did I blame anyone for my struggles, while getting myself in debt. I eventually quit my part time job and worked full time, while going back to college at night. Not all millennials are losers, but the vast majority are. They have all the means neccessary to live a rewarding life, as long as they get off their asses and show a little assertiveness. Instead, many of them are living beyond their means and blaming everything and anybody for their failures. Seems to me the "snowflakes" are the losers that starred your stupid comment.
edit on 3/13/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Is it just a cultural thing we (as a whole) are enabling the latest young folks meeting challenge by giving them an out?

Absolutely it's at a cultural and society level (down to individuals).

Plenty of millennials spout off saying what they want and deserve without earning. That's a huge problem and carries little voice.

On the other side we have older generations using those examples to define a generation. They do that while I assume justifying the market crash of 08' as the fault of bankers who gave out bad loans and not those who took them. (disclaimer, obviously plenty of responsible older Americans kept this country as a super power, but let's not act like there have been perfect generations or times)

I think you hit it on the head that individuals in our society have a problem taking responsibility or accountability for their actions.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yup. My next question to ponder is how did that manifest itself?

The depression era folks are probably rolling over in their graves listening to the "problems" of today.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Who do you think is paying for your pension?

Like I said. Cut them out..
That'll get your attention.

Thise of you collecting a pension riggt now (not working while still getting paid)

You are the truly lazy entitled people in this society and you dont deserve it
edit on 13-3-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The audacity of people collecting pensions

That's literally collecting a paycheck for doing nothing.

Running around talking about how lazy and entitled millennial are..

Boy you guys have it xoming to you

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Yup. My next question to ponder is how did that manifest itself?

The depression era folks are probably rolling over in their graves listening to the "problems" of today.

I'd say plenty of people from all ages have been trying to ride the prosperity since then without putting in equal effort that got the prosperity in the first place.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Who do you think is paying for your pension?

Like I said. Cut them out..
That'll get your attention.

No offense, but you're not doing your argument any favors.

Debate with logic, not emotion.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join