It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Kardashian cost Snapchat $1.3 billion with ONE tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is not the result of "brainless fools" on social media. How many shares do they own? Zero, right? It's not these people who are "driving down the price.'" It's the people who value companies like this and buy stock in them. You guys are blaming the "brainless zombies" thinking they are the people who USE this "social media" but the two groups of people are NOT the same. Indeed, I would guess there is very little overlap at all. In fact, even the people ho actually own the stock are not the same. It's the cutting edge where the brokerage lies that is volatile, and this is a result of fragile stocks in the first place that have no real value and whose value is a result of company hype. In fact, this isn't real money until it is locked in by a sale. Then it magically becomes real money subject to capital gains or losses. So when the stock rises again, would you claim that the company earned a billion dollars? Of course not. Market capitalization (which is what you are really talking about) is a lot like "net worth." I may be "worth" $2 million on paper, but unless I sell my house (and have no place to live) that's not real money at all. This news may freak out Snapchat execs with stock options, but it is meaningless t the rest of us, including snapchat users.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Great post! I completely agree. But it's worse than that, I think.

The connections can easily be made by observing the employees at these companies.

Take a look at technology as a whole.

Samsung TV's with cameras and microphones are allowed into our homes, this isn't a wild conspiracy theory, they are using them.

The gov would allow another country to set up servers there that listen into every americans home?
They would allow google and amazon to listen in our homes?
They would allow them to listen through our phones?

I may sound nuts, but I don't think we've had a tech company that is an actual company for a long time, I think Zuck is a face to the fake company, I think Amazon is bunk, I think Google bunk.

Google would be stomped out on invasion of privacy and anti trust laws in 1 day, if they wanted to limit themselves.

It's been a hostile takeover of information. Look at youtube, if you need proof.

It's a giant trap, paid for by tax payers, and piped to utah server farms, and similar.

Log your phone traffic with no root firewall, and check out the 20-30 computers your phone hooks to the minute you turn your phone on.

On top of that, you are being charged bandwidth for them to spy on you with the phone you bought.

I am almost ready to cut the cord entirely. The benefit to info access, is almost not worth the exposure.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I agree.

It's day trading in response to market noise.

It was my bread and butter when I day traded.

So and so negative happening, boom short it.
So and so new product, boom buy, buy, buy.

It's like vegas gambling.

Long term holdings, in companies with history of growth is the best way.
The fees and energy to day trade gets exhausting and is a waste of time imo.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: corr

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

This,
This was the purpose of my post. These companies are valued based on what? Air, fugaze,, nothing. Yet they are worth $18 billion? This is akin to Boeing losing a major contract due to a fatal flaw in a new aircraft.

I looked at their annual SEC filing (10-K) and it is just weird compared to a normal company. Maybe a real smart accountant can explain it to me?
www.last10k.com...

Everything is based on users, and loads of them are fake. That should tank the stock faster than a kardashian would for a real investor. Fishy.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
To be honest the original fan base that made snapchat would likely be happy to see ALL such people go... as pretty much any site does after getting flooded or famous... owners dont care though... but their imaginary cloud money vaporized pretty easy...

But hey parents ruining Face Book for the Myspace generation of social network sites. I dont believe everything I read but it's said there are more deceased members on FB than live users of it. But of course Snapchat never used installed then uninstalled after I found out it was more like; Grindr etc for teens to share n00ds and hook up I was like um yeah not an app I want or need.

Like hey other rant threads complaining about how this site has changed... so eh embrace change as thats a permanent thing when it comes to living. It never ceases so evolve move do what you need to for you, hanging out in groups chasing each other around is hive/mind herd nonsense anyway... do what you want to do because you love it.

If I owned snapchat I'd say hell take all the fake not real money they say it is worth... why? cause if owners live in houses etc way out of range and the fake money that doesnt even exist drops out? Street all over again starting back from scratch.

There is no guarantees with money, never will be other than it can be a noose around everyone's neck... and already is; so hey be wise.

edit on 24-2-2018 by BEBOG because: cont.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It just goes to show how shallow and stupid the general public is.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What kind of economy is this when one person's comment can trigger a stock to go down, I can see a comment coming from the CEO doing that, but not from someone using their services like that.

This whole financial system can crumble in a month, taking away people's saved money too, because the companies guaranteeing loans actually invest in stocks and lending to others who invest in the market or have assets in stocks.

It's a economy where the stock trading companies are using AI and natural language processing to sift all newsfeeds and public forums for useful information about companies. Every article is rated by how influential the author is, the people/companies being debated, and a negative or positive weighting to each word. These are added up to give a total weighting on how severe the news is. A finance minster talking about recession, inflation, depression would probably have a negative effect on the country.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Blame Snapchat.

They have 0 content other than what celebrities post on there.

When someone with 100+ million followers says something. 100 million people may be listening.
edit on 24-2-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: rickymouse
What kind of economy is this when one person's comment can trigger a stock to go down, I can see a comment coming from the CEO doing that, but not from someone using their services like that.

This whole financial system can crumble in a month, taking away people's saved money too, because the companies guaranteeing loans actually invest in stocks and lending to others who invest in the market or have assets in stocks.

It's a economy where the stock trading companies are using AI and natural language processing to sift all newsfeeds and public forums for useful information about companies. Every article is rated by how influential the author is, the people/companies being debated, and a negative or positive weighting to each word. These are added up to give a total weighting on how severe the news is. A finance minster talking about recession, inflation, depression would probably have a negative effect on the country.

We have owned stocks for thirty five years, made a little lost a little. I remember when the stuff about what triggered crashes and the bull and bear market made sense, it was always logical. Now, they are saying one time raising interest rates lower the market and six months later they say the market is going up because of raising interest rates. They can't even keep their crap together anymore, they are making things up all the time to try to explain the swings, none of it makes any sense, it is all bull. I wonder how many people have the time to watch all the crap they are saying, I do, I have been involved for a long time and had an interest. We sold most of our stock when Wallstreet started telling so many fibs that I thought everyone could see, they are so transparant everyone should be able to tell I thought. I guess people do not want to see and make waves, their belief is blinding them and making them deaf.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24 It's not surprising. Reality tv stars seem to hold more influence in the world than movies, video games, sports, and politicians.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Reptilian overloads 👀🤔

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

off topic...I clicked your Gabbard link. What a life shes lived for being so young. I came away with a good impression of her and I haven't been to apt to feel that way about about a Democrat in some time.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Same here. Not sure I'd vote for her, yet. She's a far superior choice than some of the other names being floated, though.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh how sad people are. Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large numbers. Is this really the real world? A Kardashian has this much influence? What a bunch of weak minded Kardashian lovers out there..... Pathetic!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I actually liked snapchat. I could make calls without even having phone service as long as there was wi-fi. Plus the disappearing images, chats, and vids were a plus. I don't care for the way they moved the stories though, which is like what everybody got mad about with the last update.

Whatever, its free and I barely ever used it, except for, well... SHHHH

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
She may have had an influence on it but it was hardly the reason why it tanked. They are using her as a scapegoat for the real problem.

That problem was the overhaul of the U.I. In the new update. It’s completely atrocious and not one person I’ve met likes it. They’re trying to fix something that wasn’t broken in the first place.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Snapchat?? What the Hell is that? Hah. I'm so glad I wasn't born in the last 20 years.

What will we DO without snapchat???

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I mean, why would anyone care what a Kardashian says?

Exactly! I still don't understand what makes them so popular.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I cannot wait for the day sh** hits the fan big time maybe something like yellow stone popping or something that is world changing, making celebrities become obsolete and the internet or something along them lines completely crashing. I'll happily watch all these idiots who are dependent on social media and celebrities following cave in on themselves. There's nothing more I hate in this planet that the people who are obsessed at having to watch what a celebrity does and have to follow them copying what they do. The sheer fascination in for example the Kardashians, people who literally watch every show about them makes me sick

The world is becoming more stupid, and I hate to say it but I think the worlds needs a big event to make some changes either that or as soon an aliens decide to turn up I'm begging them to get off this planet I'm slowly getting sick of it

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Amen, since I was a kid, I remember watching people fall all over themselves crying and fainting at a glimpse of a famous singer, or sportstar...I never got it. Bunch of useless idiots

<< 1    3 >>

join