It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New SA president plans to take land from whites without compensation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

lands owned by white farmers since the 1600s

“The expropriation of land without compensation is envisaged as one of the measures that we will use to accelerate the redistribution of land to black South Africans,”

A similar program of land redistribution was carried out by then-Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe in the late 1990s and early 2000s ... However, food production plummeted without the experienced farmers’ contribution, and Zimbabwe’s economy suffered massively.
Source

The war against South African whites is ramping up yet again. For anyone who isn't aware of the situation, whites (particularly farmers) have been under attack - being raped, tortured, and murdered, sometimes at the blessing of the government itself. Now the new president of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, has promised that he is going to take land from whites without compensation and give the land to black South Africans. Some of the lands in question have been in possession of white families since the 1600's. This isn't the first time this has happened, though. Previous president Robert Mugabe tried the same thing - taking land from whites and giving it to blacks. The result was that food production crashed and the economy took a massive hit.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
To be fair the original colonists didn’t “compensate” the Africans who they took that land from in the first place..

It’s a super interesting question that doesn’t have a great answer..

It’s kinda crappy to take a bunch of land by force. Then claim,

“ok no one is allowed to take land by force anymore”..

Really force has been the only way land has EVER changed hands, on a nation state level..

Right by conquest is literally the oldest form of legitamacy.

The SA whites forefathers used “right by conquest” to take the land..

The SA natives are using right by conquest to take it back..

Hell the SA natives used right by conquest to take it from some other SA natives..

Who , wash, rinse and repeated that process all the way until they used “right by conquest” to take it from the lions and such in the first place..

Needless to say I think America should own Iraq and Afghanistan for that same reason..

edit on 22-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hard working familys, and they will lose their land. every political party is in favor of this without compensation. This is going to make a minor refugee crisis.

I will stand with the liberals here...refugees should be taken in the west and set up to become productive citizens. they are farmers, give em farmland (lord knows we got plenty of it)

Eventually SA will starve once they purify their lands and remove all white people without even considering how they are removing the professionals without a backup plan.
Then I guess we can drop bags of rice so they can continue their existance and I don't know...have a civil war and murder the idiots who thought it was a good idea to kick out the professional farmers without having someone step in their place...but after a few generations, the survivors of the wars and famine will get the hang of it. Then they can purify further and figure out which specific bloodline of the skintone is meant to have the farmland. rinse, repeat.

link   

Imagine that? They are doing exactly what white people did to them.

link   
Where is the U.N.? Where is the saturation media coverage? Where is the outrage and hand wringing? If the racial dynamic was reversed you wouldn't be able to turn on the news without it being rammed down your throat.

I bet we will see some of the usual ignorance from the same old posters saying how the Whites deserve it because of the way they treated the Blacks, even though those Blacks had not migrated from the north when the Whites settled and made the land suitable for farming.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What year did right by conquest lose its legitamacy???

1998??

1640??

Just curious when the map got locked in and it was no longer considered the acceptable way to

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
To be fair the original colonists didn’t “compensate” the Africans who they took that land from in the first place..

Ancient history. The people living there now had nothing to do with that, they were born on the land that maybe was stolen many, many generations earlier.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis

Congratulations on the first hopelessly ignorant and ill informed response.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Those people did nothing to them

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Your right. I forgot white people are native to Africa. It's not like they stole, raped, and killed to live there.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Did you really just say we should only take in white refugees lol???

The fact you said “I will stand with the liberals on this” would lead me to believe that you oppose refugee immigration in the other , far browner cases..

If I’m wrong I apologize..

(I think I’m farther right than everyone on immigration, because I could care less about the rest of the worlds problems.. we need those houses, jobs and other resources .. )

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Your right. I forgot white people are native to Africa. It's not like they stole, raped, and killed to live there.

You have no clue. I don't know where you got that from but spouting it portrays you as ignorant and foolish.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Oh make no mistake.. they will have plenty of support..almost certainly more support than the world gives your average African nation..

How bad did the genocides in Africa get before the west intervention??

Millions dead right??

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Your right..

Everyone is native to Africa.. it was the cradle of humanity lol..

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

WhT year did right by conquest lose its legitamacy??

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

I’ll ask you like I asked them..

What year did right by conquest lose its legitamacy?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Oh make no mistake.. they will have plenty of support..almost certainly more support than the world gives your average African nation..

How bad did the genocides in Africa get before the west intervention??

Millions dead right??

Oh really. This has been going on for years and as we have seen in this thread most people have no idea about the truth of the situation, let alone calling for any support.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Are you forgetting slavery? And how violent it was?
The fact that you result to name calling speaks volumes.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

is going to take land from whites without compensation and give the land to black South Africans. Some of the lands in question have been in possession of white families since the 1600's. T

But thats okay in Palestine, like when they just rename capital cities and surround Gaza with prison walls and gun towers?

Or firebomb and bulldoze Palestinian homes to make way for Jewish Settlements?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

And what countless colors of people have done to other colors of people since the beginning of time, yet you need to blame whitey.

Imagine that..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join