It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting Completely Over (new friends, new family, new life)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DD2029
1. Money
2. Employment
3. Your Past

number 2 and number 3 only matter if you dont have enough of number 1,

we live in a society where the only thing enough money cant control is your own mental state, that bit is up to you.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

You're right. We don't know what life holds for us. We have to live one step in front of the other. But if you need nature time, you take it-you don't have to call it mid-life crisis unless you to-lots of people, young people, take a gap year-people after divorces or deaths of a spouse go on a journey. Life is always going to affect us.

Me, I was once healthier and loved to travel and was a big volunteer, lots of active friends, successful career. Then, wham. I'm full blown diabetes 2, insulin, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, neuropathy, chronic fatigue; and then, wham; a stroke and then a heart attack. All when I hit 50-60.

So, choices. Give up or move on during the best you can and find enjoyment where it can be found.

Yes, life will always be challenges and choices and also little joys and little sadnesses. You decide what and how to respond to these changes.

You don't feel it but you are young in years if not feeling it emotionally. You may be right that junking it all and starting over, if only. All your life experiences will always be there. I say choose to keep the good past and minimize the not so good and be really good to yourself and start to feel good again. Be the best guy you can be and help others in your life's path and try to forgive the bitter and angry people. Put them in your past and best wishes. You're gonna be fine.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am not sure that I would like to start everything over. Thanks for sharing your story! BTW video is really inspiring.

<< 1  2   >>

join