It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Handler: It’s ‘Up to White People to Honor Dr. King’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Leave it to a liberal to try and muddy a good person's name,unfortunately the liberals and MLK had nothing in common they feared him because he had the voice of his people and the respect of all races,a true leader

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Chelsea Handler of all people, as if she is standing from some position of moral superiority. This is the same person who said something along the lines of "I bet they have a video of Lindsey Graham and Trump giving each other BJs. Why doesn't Graham just come out of the closet instead?" Real nice Chelsea.

She's pathetic.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So she wants to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Day by focusing on the color of ones skin instead of the contents of ones character.

Cuz as we ALL know...

MLK fought for the equality of character. The whole "skin color" thing didn't matter at ALL...right?

I don't remember water fountains with "GOOD CHARACTER" and "POOR CHARACTER" ... you?

Wow dude, you have zero clue. he tried to UNITE us BECAUSE the fountains WERE segregated.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

The people TODAY that are OK with MLK Jr. are up in arms over Kapernick.

Same. Damn. Thing.

Are you sure you want to stand by this utter absurdity?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Honestly, she is Not going to happen in politics, and frankly I don't care what she has to say.....BTW, she still looks like a guy. What is the point of becoming a woman, if your going to look like a dude anyway....and BTW I am gay, and people on ATS think I am a "libtard" just because I don't fall for trumps lies, never have, never will, and I did not once vote for Obama. But I can smell trumps hot air from wherever he is golfing. I am not a "libtartd".

Maybe not a "lib" tard, but......Chelsea Handler is not Chelsea Manning.

ETA: and I think you should seek help for your mancrush on Trump. he seems to occupy a bit too much of your head at the moment.
edit on 15-1-2018 by network dude because: pointed out a real issue.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You guys can actually argue over Dr King?!?!

Lol...ive seen it all.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Oh boy, sorry I got the pettiness screwed up, earlier there was a thread on the Other Chelsea, the one that I commented on. Also what I said about that one is true..... Dude your state and city, are ####Holes.....How do you feel about that?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Good point. MLK would be all over the Kapernick thing and the NFL protests supporting them to the fullest...and most Americans would be denouncing him. That is Ironic. Having said that, I think Handlers comments were tone deaf.

But back to MLK...if you support MLK then you support NFL protests and people marching down streets and freeways. Thta's what he did. LOL

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Good point. MLK would be all over the Kapernick thing and the NFL protests supporting them to the fullest...and most Americans would be denouncing him. That is Ironic. Having said that, I think Handlers comments were tone deaf.

But back to MLK...if you support MLK then you support NFL protests and people marching down streets and freeways. Thta's what he did. LOL

No he wouldn't. People comparing Kapernick to MLK need to take a look at history, and then give their head a shake.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the next Dr. King.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: amazing

No he wouldn't. People comparing Kapernick to MLK need to take a look at history, and then give their head a shake.

I'm not comparing the two, I'm just saying MLK would be supporting Kapernick. He'd be having meetings and press conferences with him. It's Ironic that people who profess love for MLK and everything he did, hate Kap and NFL protests so much.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I suppose we can all speculate on what MLK might think about things today, but if he wasn't killed, I think we would be a lot farther with race relations then we are today. I think we may even be regressing a bit. there is still a bit too much stupid out there right now. I credit the inability to venture outside of your bubble. (not you, the whole of the dumbasses who still base decisions on skin color)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for the next Dr. King.

I'm still waiting for the next everyone. the next MLK, the next Jesus, the next Ghandi, the next Mother Theresa, The next JFK, the next Reagan, the Next Princess Diana, the next John Wayne. We've run out of cultural Icons that aren't name Kardashian.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Want to slow that political troll ?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Except MLK wasn't raised in relative comfort by an upper middle class family, receiving a free ride at a major university, then taking in millions of dollars per year in contracts and endorsements. MLK also did not become a civil rights warrior overnight, conveniently right about the time his talent had clearly peaked and was beginning a decline in value, grabbing onto the civil rights platform as a crutch to hopefully prevent his football team from simply cutting him as teams do with any player being paid more than they're worth to their team. MLK also chose his words carefully, speaking in a diplomatic fashion and rarely, if ever, pulled stunts like wearing socks with pigs dressed as policemen or shirts with Fidel Castro on them purely to troll his detractors.

In other words, comparing Kapernick to King demonstrates such a vast tone deafness and lack of quality understanding of history and the present that it almost seems like something more suited to the pages of MAD magazine than to any serious discussion of MLK.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
freebeacon.com...

"Happy Martin Luther King day to a true hero. This day means more today than it ever has. We all must honor the spirit of his fairness and equality and tireless search for justice," Handler wrote on Twitter. "It is up to white people to honor Dr. King, and to think about what it must be like to not [sic] be white."

I would have just let this lie there, but I can't. It's just too damn ironic.

Dr. King wanted one thing. For everyone to be equal. He wanted people to look at a young black boy the same as they would a white boy. We wanted an end to racial division. I dare say, he would have massively facepalmed Mrs. Handler today.

Way to miss the point by the largest distance possible sweetie.

I thought he liked to have sex with white prostitutes and then smack them around.

He must not have liked writing papers because I learned today that he plagiarized his papers in school. In one paper he plagiarized 20 of the 24 paragraphs. It's all in a book put out by the Rockford Institute.

It's amazing who we idolized when there is nothing of substance to idolize. Some of he speeches were made of lies, he was down with Affirmative Action (racism). Claimed blacks were here before anyone else. It was an eye opening day. His speeches are out there for everyone to listen too. So are JFK's.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

You have no clue, do you.

SMH

Apparently I DO -- because I actually READ and understand and study the man, his work, life.

If you had BOTHERED to read the excerpt from the letter I linked above you might learn something NEW today!

Hahahahaha
You READ what ? Where ?
There are still folks here on ATS that were alive in those days.
I know Ebeneezer Baptist Church . I know Selma,Al. , I know desegregation of schools . I have saw it all up close and personal.
You have just smeared the memory of one Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King , Jr. on the day of his remembrance as he was not about race , but equality for all people.
You need to go back and READ some things over .
Better yet , talk to folks that lived in that time period

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

If Martin Luther King is alive today, he'll b*** slap her and the current Black Community.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join