It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Will Soon Be Only For Low-Income and Sick Americans.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
January 4, 2018

In October, Donald Trump signed an Executive Order that would enable Individuals and Small Businesses to band together and purchase the type of health insurance that fits their needs..no more..no less.

Tomorrow, the Department of Labor will introduce a "proposed rule" that spells out what Health Insurance companies and Associations can and cannot do. After a 60-day period of receiving comments and suggestions from the public and stakeholders, the proposed rule will be codified as a final rule, and written into regulations.

By late this Spring, ObamaCare will become a program primarily for those of modest incomes (due to the premium assistance-subsidy provided), and those who have chronic illnesses/diseases.

WASHINGTON — Small businesses and self-employed Americans would be able to bypass Obamacare's rules to buy less comprehensive health insurance plans under new rules proposed Thursday by the Trump administration.

The regulations, which were posted online for public comment and are not yet final, stem from an executive order that President Donald Trump issued in October. They would allow smaller companies and some individuals in the same industry or region to band together and sell "association health plans," which would no longer have to offer "essential health benefits" required under Obamacare like prescription drugs, mental health or maternity care.
Excerpted from: www.nbcnews.com...

Article on the October 12, 2017 Trump Executive Order: www.nbcnews.com...

Link to the proposed rule (83 pages): s3.amazonaws.com...

These Association-based plans will very welcome relief for relatively healthy people who earn too much money for ObamaCare premium assistance ($48,000-Single / $64,000-Married / $98,000-Family of four.). Why? Because a family of 4 in the Chicago area, pays $2,200 (average) a MONTH for a $7,000 deductible ObamaCare Blue Cross gold plan this year.

It's insane how President Obama punished middle-class individuals and families with his Affordable Care Act. Thank GOD President Trump had/has the character and integrity to NOT LIE to Americans on this subject, like his predecessor did. Another promise kept!

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/4/2018 by carewemust because: minor wording adjustments

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I just wish the Congress had done this. What Trump does via EO can just as easily be undone by the next person to occupy the office and the poison pill of the ACA is still hanging over us all.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If a poor person needs care is one thing, but just giving out free 'The Dr. Will See You When You Feel Like It' passes to lower income pamper seekers is another.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I just wish the Congress had done this. What Trump does via EO can just as easily be undone by the next person to occupy the office and the poison pill of the ACA is still hanging over us all.

Sadly, Congress is too busy playing partisan politics to do the right thing.

I thoroughly despise making law through the use of EOs, but I suppose it is better than complete inaction. I didn't like EOs under Obama and I don't like them under Trump. It is too much like a dictatorship when one man can enact sweeping changes.

edit on 2018/1/4 by Metallicus because: Spacing / Spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
If a poor person needs care is one thing, but just giving out free 'The Dr. Will See You When You Feel Like It' passes to lower income pamper seekers is another.

and how do you make that determination, when people without access to care won't see doctors when needed, because they know they can't afford it? :/

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

and how do you make that determination, when people without access to care won't see doctors when needed, because they know they can't afford it? :/

The ACA's answer was to make sure that no one could afford to access their doctors, obviously.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You should use the same metric you use to decide when someone is 'rich' and needs to be taxed more.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

a reply to: Metallicus

cute.

do either of you have a real answer to that question, or do you just not care if poor people are sick and suffer and die?
edit on 4-1-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

So just go wide open then?

I once had a firefighter paramedic roomate. Every week it seemed he'd come home from a 24 hour shift, and complain about not getting any sleep because another "ender" (bums) had called in a heart attack or whatever. It was this constant pattern where the 'patient' was fine they just wanted attention. This stuff goes on, lonely people, whatever, need a hug and a massage etc cant get that but I can get some medical personal making me feel all cared for.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If Americans elect a Democrat President/Congress, the E.O.'s will definitely be reversed. We'll have Universal Healthcare..which apparently, Americans WILL WANT at that point. Right?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So just go wide open then?

no, i'm asking you how you would make that determination. you said it's okay to give care if people need it, but not just for fun. how do you make that determination, if you want to do it that way?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

a reply to: Metallicus

cute.

do either of you have a real answer to that question, or do you just not care if poor people are sick and suffer and die?

I thought that was what we had Medicaid for?

link   

The important thing, as far as I'm concerned, is that people have access to health care, so that they don't get so sick, that they become candidate vesicles for contagious diseases, and thus help the spread of these contagious diseases to the healthy population.

Health care is not an individual concern, it's a social one. Only things like cosmetic surgery, that are usually unnecessary for health, need be excluded from health plans.

link   

What Trump and the Dems and Repubs have done is kick the cans down the road.

Congrats, until the system has a systemic collapse, we will be fine paying at the least double of any other industrialized country.
Planning and changing the healthcare industry will be many many folds cheaper than rebuilding after the profit hungry corps crash the entire system.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If Americans elect a Democrat President/Congress, the E.O.'s will definitely be reversed. We'll have Universal Healthcare..which apparently, Americans WILL WANT at that point. Right?

Supposedly, we wanted it during the ACA push, want it know, and have always wanted it because we want to be France ... or something.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

ObamaCare Will Soon Be Only For Low-Income and Sick Americans.

Yeah it was to help low income and people with previously uncovered conditions to get some affordable coverage...for their conditions.

edit on 4-1-2018 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The subsidies being sent to health inusrance companies every month, to cover premiums for low-income earners, are escalating at an alarming rate. A family of 4 making $70,000 has a $2,200 monthly premium. The Federal Government (taxpayers) sends $1,750 to the health insurance company. The family pays the remaining $450 every month.

Those figures (except the income) are twice as high as they were just 3 years ago. Yes.. it's unsustainable, unless taxpayers are willing to continue supporting these expenditures.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Explain Obamacare to me:

Does a person once signed up get to go down to whatever facilities they figure out and get all kinds of checkups and whatever as they see fit, OR if they have 'something is wrong' they know they will get in there just fine?

I dont know. I know I had something freak out of nowhere ACUTE was the first time I went into a place in almost 20 years. Being completely utterly screwed for money for a stretch after a series of crushing events, the clinic I happened to it -on ZERO income- it cost me $15 to get looked at for 20 minutes and the prescription needed $24 for a few week regime.

Hospital would have billed me thousands for the same thing is my understanding.

Now what I paid I dont know if that's how it goes for ACA people, but prior to that I was fine didnt need to burden the system not even their computers, while if I couldnt have gotten that then it was a major situation while if I went the hospital route they and they tried to charge me thousands they'd never see a dime.

Meanwhile, most people arent like me, I can see scores of people never having had insurance whatever, get Obamacare, and view it like a membership at the gym. Woohoo I'm famous!

edit on 4-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Obama care does not work. High deductibles/co pays and networks for people who are dirt poor.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The person you're replying to is leaving out how the policies you get under Obamacare mostly require you to pay a ton in premium not counting the thousands in deductible you must pay out of pocket before any coverage actually kicks in.

If people couldn't afford to access care before, they sure can't under most ACA policies either.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join