It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-op transgender woman is suing Mass. over placement at male prison

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: seasonal

What!?!?

Someone got unwanted physical attention in a prison?!?!

Never heard anything like that......sarc.....

Whatever it is,it didn't go to prison for just a little drug crime. This is not the first crime committed by this individual.
Repeat offender or probation violation probably.

Regardless, should that mean non-stop rape and sexual assault for 2-4 years? I mean, if you say yes -- then you're a worse human being.

His/her body is no more important than any other prisoners. Rape and sexual assault will happen in both male and female prisons.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Prison rape happens. Whether you are trans or not. It seems maybe we should look into that and figure out ways to prevent all of them instead of make up new rules that would allow men to get put into female prison spaces.

This trans person wants special treatment above and beyond what is given to everyone else.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Aaaahhh. If she still has nuts, technically she is still a male. But they will love her at the male prison.

They do not need to have a bunch of pregnant women in the prison.
edit on 15-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: the owlbear

You're crossing issues. You're bringing an institutional issue to a discussion on the overall justice system. Prisons need to get a handle on the abuse of prisoners by other prisoners, but the system shouldn't change to accommodate individuals with grievances against the institutions.

Why are there guards in prison?
First and foremost should be the safety of those locked up.

Considering we lock up rapists with car stereo thieves and make them cellys, where does the responsibility lie?
Are you white or black or Latino?
You might get raped for anything just because you're fresh meat.
THIS IS WHAT VETERANS FOUGHT FOR. THE RIGHT TO BE RAPED IN PRISON.
Unless you've been there, you have no idea.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: RazorV66
If he has been living as a "woman" for 40 years, what's taking him so long have the surgery?
The "pre-op" in your title is deceiving.....after 40 years, I don't think he is going to take the plunge permanently.

Pre-Op doesn't mean you didn't have surgery, it just means he still has a penis. Most transgenders keep the penis even if they are on hormones and get implants -- so basically, you got a woman with a penis in a males prison, what do you think is going to happen to that person?

Raped non-stop.

Say what you will about transgenders, but you gotta know what the outcome of this is and it's wrong -- plainly.

Thanks for the terminology lesson, it's not something I have studied.
You are not a woman if you have a penis, I don't care how many hormones you take.
Sorry....just my 2 cents, no offense meant.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

His/her body is no more important than any other prisoners. Rape and sexual assault will happen in both male and female prisons.

You have to admit, having hormone treatments would enhance his breasts and basically put a neon sign above his/her head.
And I would think it would be criminally negligent for the prison to not recognize this and offer protective custody.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You're crossing issues. You're bringing an institutional issue to a discussion on the overall justice system. Prisons need to get a handle on the abuse of prisoners by other prisoners, but the system shouldn't change to accommodate individuals with grievances against the institutions.

So you're all for the rape that I saw
All for drugs being shuttled around.

I did the one thing that I'm best at in order not to get raped or anything else...screamed and ran my head into the wall until it was bloody. Better to be in the m ward. I got a crazy sticker. Got to stay in the m ward until release. Lucked out on the prison rape thing, but I saw it happen

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I'm sorry about what you went through.

I agree completely that the State is responsible for what is going on in prisons. They bear full liability.
The rape and violence needs to stop.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
And so who assumes the liability for a dude going to a women's prison? What's to stop this woman with a penis from impregnating the female prisoners just as fast as he can? And then who pays for all of the female prisoners to have the babies, and then what happens to said babies?

I suppose we could take one prison in each state and designate it as the transgender prison, instead of as a men's prison or women's prison? But then the same question exists: how do you keep folks from making more burdens upon the state while they are locked up? I suppose you could set the entire facility up like protective custody or segregation where each inmate has his/her own cell and is kept separate from everyone else. Although, how many of them would take the trans prison over the biologically correct prison, knowing they would be in lock-down for 23 hours per day, whereas in the biologically correct prison, they would have access to way more time out of the cell?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

One in each state?!

Given the numbers of transgenders ... more like one ... in the entire country.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Where in the hell did you get that I'm pro prison rape from my post? I agree that it is a problem which needs addressed and solved, I do not believe we should be accommodating male prisoner whims to go to a female prison over it, however. Fix the institutions, don't start introducing exempt classes of prisoners into the system, though.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

So you're all for the rape that I saw
All for drugs being shuttled around.

I did the one thing that I'm best at in order not to get raped or anything else...screamed and ran my head into the wall until it was bloody. Better to be in the m ward. I got a crazy sticker. Got to stay in the m ward until release. Lucked out on the prison rape thing, but I saw it happen

I see what your trying to say, and I agree. I just don't think you are saying it in a manner lacking the emotion for others to comprehend? No offense meant?

You are right. How can the so called most advanced nation have a prison system, that creates MORE violence because of the institutional corruption that allows the same kinds of violence to happen under state and federal sanctions that happened in the "free world"?

Our prison system needs the same kind of enema our government needs. We don't rehabilitate criminals in our current prison system, we create MORE violent criminals when they are released.

How do you make a person safe for release to society when you put them in a situation, they can be in more danger than the situation or environment that created them in the first place........

Not making excuses for the violent felons who harmed others, but the non violent folks learn to become violent real quick or ELSE........

Edit I don't think most non violent people would mind serving their time for their crimes. Yet the fear would not come from serving their time, but for their safety from the "State" that forced them into a situation to force them to become violent......
edit on 15-11-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One in each state, one in the entire country....whatever works. I'm just saying....designate a prison someplace as a trans prison.

Or maybe, since the numbers are so small, designate one wing at one prison in each state as the trans wing and keep them separate from the general population?

I'm just for a solution that would keep these folks from being abused, but also protects the taxpayers from having to pay for babies being created in prison (which obviously should not be happening.).

Another thought....this man identifies as women....so if he isn't a big manly macho guy, like he's a small man, who's to say he won't be raped by some big burly butch chick in the female prison???

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I'm sorry about what you went through.

I agree completely that the State is responsible for what is going on in prisons. They bear full liability.
The rape and violence needs to stop.

I was beaten up because after I went crazy, I didn't ask for toilet paper. I just pooed and tried to wash my hand as best as I could. The guard screamed that I should have known to ask for toilet paper. It wasn't his fault. Only scraped knees from that.
It was his fault, he was pissed, but never asked if I needed any toilet paper for the 21 hours or so he was in charge

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't know about prisons but why do prisoners need to have functional genitalia? I'm sure there are chemicals, devices or simple surgical interventions to prevent them from getting erect. Maybe even stop them from bulking up.

I mean they don't need to procreate in prison.

To bad they can't keep them sedated, cooled down and stacked in boxes.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

Even then, you're looking at probably keeping people in isolation in places.

Personally? I think chemical castration for all is the answer.
edit on 15-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i'm sure she will be allowed to take in one of those "strap on dils" so it might not be so
bad if all she wants is a little rear action.

sick of this LGBT trend.

NOT IN MY LIFE. there is somthing very wrong with it as far as i'm concerned.
And I AM entitled to MY view on the subject. if it offends you well just ignore and move along.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
God I hate this alt right website sometimes.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I'm confused. Guy has a d*ck, wants to go to a women's prison, is that right?

She doesn't want to be her, I mean him, I mean...

sorry, the prison doesn't have the same identity crisis.

if she does't want to be harassed in a male prison, she should just be her-- I mean himself, for now...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

They do not need to have a bunch of pregnant women in the prison.

That's what the male guards are for. It has happened

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join