It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Transracial' man born white feels like he is Filipino/NAACP Fires women for ID'ing as white...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Qualified?

Oh that's right you don't have your bachelor of science in ATS like the rest of us...??

You are qualified, now motivated to do it, that's up to you.

edit on 13-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There definitely seems to be a disconnect there.

The way I see it is that I have zero issue with someone who simply wants to "become" a man or woman. But, when that is driven by the notion that it is fixing something that is broken.. I'm really not sure that is helping anyone beyond the surface level.

Some of these questions, like "who, or what, am I?" are, IMO, pretty profound beyond the simple, straightforward answers like "human."

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I identify as trans-credit-score. Im really a wealthy SOB who does what he wants to only. Where is my black American Express card?

Also, if I can qualify for public aid, I am an empoverished, disabled, black single mother that is rehabilitating after a domestic abuse case and crack use while prostituting myself for diapers to give to my 12 imaginary kids.

Also, I cant pay taxes anymore.
edit on 11 13 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
My life's BORING

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Why do you care? Why waste time on this? What does it actually matter?

I know that you have thoughtful insights on many things of actual import in people's lives.

Because this crap is better than The Jerry Springer Show!

That is what the Left has turned our nation into. We used to laugh at the Jerry Springer Crazy in the 90's and now it is mainstream insanity.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Normalizing mental illness gets us nowhere fast.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
jesus, OP. dolezal was fired for lying. plenty of white people work for the NAACP.

cut back on the caffeine or the frosted outrage flakes, something...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

jesus, OP. dolezal was fired for lying. plenty of white people work for the NAACP.

She identified as an African American.....

Thank you for your concern.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

But it seems to me that there's a fundamental difference between sex and ethnicity. People from different cultures aren't born different; you can take a baby from America, have a Philippine family adopt him/her, and the baby will become a Filipino. Of course there are some physical differences, so the baby might experience alienation when it grows up, but even members of different races will basically be the same "on the inside". At least I think most people here would agree with this.

However, there are big differences between men and women; physiology, hormones, patterns in the brain, etc. It seems quite plausible that one part of a person could be "female" and the other would be "male", that this would cause problems, and that it could be fixed. But which part of a transracial person would be American, and which would be Filipino? Do Filipinos have genitals different than Americans? Or different biological functions, or different instincts? Probably there are tiny variations, but when it comes to gender there's a clear system to it.

I can see the TG community being hostile to such people though. And I agree that it's hard to be critical, people easily get emotional and defensive if they feel their sanity or identity is being questioned. I don't think scientists have figured it out yet, completely. We barely understand anything about how the mind works, and even sex-change surgery is still far from perfected. So, pretty hard to tell what's really going on.
edit on 13-11-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Is it lying if you really think you should be black? She did.

Is it lying if you really think you should be a man instead of a woman or vice versa? Plenty do.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
My head hurts.
True story

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The NAACP fired her because she put that she was black on her app but was born white.

She identified as being black. The NAACP then fired her because she was white.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

anyone else see a resemblance?

Not really....but they have 2 eyes and 1 ear each?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Pft, in the transracial competition, this guy's nothing next to Martina Big. She really DID change herself from a physically white chick into a physically black chick. High bar, set.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If she applied for the NAACP as black, would they fire her for lying though?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

If she applied for the NAACP as black, would they fire her for lying though?

She was evidently able to have her racial status in Germany legally reflect that she is legally a black woman, so from a legal standpoint, I guess she's not lying like Dolezal did. My first instinct would be to assume they could can her, but then again, if she's legally recognized as black, probably not.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
nice, i identify as Russian. I admit it, i created fake memes to slander Hillary.

So how long before adults identify as children and dress the part and hit the playgrounds to play with other children? Don't you dare assume their age you intolerant nazi!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Winner winner Chicken Dinner. IT seems to be privileged white kids who are doing this. Cultural appropriation is kicking a group while its down.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

so i'm taking my self's advice from now on. enjoy your [snip] threads, seasonal.
a reply to: fiverx313

Not being "cute".
I find the fact that by all accounts she was doing her job. But the "trans racial" thing isn't a good enough reason to keep her on. The NAACP knows better than the person they fired what they "are".
If she were black, or what they consider black would they have fired her. This crap gets deep fast.

And wow she is a head case because of a reality that isn't being met? How closed minded, is this 1950?

edit on 13-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Nov 13 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join