It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former President George H.W. Bush Touches Womens Butts Out of Necessity.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, actually the best thing is to explain to the women what is going on and let them make their choice as to whether they want to go up and see him or not.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That is unrealistic. How many women could potentially be at a public event? Hundreds? You can't talk to each of them. Strap his hands to the wheelchair. Or make him hold a big sign that says "Beware, I randomly grab women's asses". Or, keep him out of the public.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That is unrealistic. How many women could potentially be at a public event? Hundreds? You can't talk to each of them. Strap his hands to the wheelchair. Or make him hold a big sign that says "Beware, I randomly grab women's asses". Or, keep him out of the public.

He's in a wheelchair, he isn't running around grabbing people. Here's a fact, this can be your father, your son. In fact, this can be you.

Comparing this to an actual sexual predator is weak.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The groper in chief.

Someone needs to keep an eye on the old geezer.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If my father was doing this, I would keep him out of the public. My husband's grandmother had Alzheimer's, and the family used to take her out of the facility once a week to have lunch. When it got more advanced, she started randomly hitting at strangers who got near her. They stopped taking her out after that. It was sad, but it was the right thing to do.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

No one is being hit. Two completely different scenarios. Want to know how I know, because I have had patients be sexually inappropriate and I have had them hit me.

If he was taking his penis out in public then I would be right there with you.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

She didn't have very much strength, so she wasn't really hurting anyone - it was just the invasion of their space. They had a hard time controlling her, so she had to stay in the facility full time.

You think grabbing a random woman's butt and squeezing hard is okay? I'd much rather him just take his penis out then physically grab me.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If you spend much time working with the elderly, grabbing is not abnormal. Those people came from a very, very different time than you and I. What you and I see as "right" is more a result of a lifetime of immersion in our current culture, and what got us here.

How many people preaching against the use of the word "retard" would never have given it a second thought back in 1985, when they were calling a classmate a retard? Or 1995 when they called a coworker a retard? Society evolves, and we are a part of that macro.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Depends on your definition of OK.

Your response would be an overreaction. And as to strength, little old ladies can definitely hurt you, especially if they get those fingernails dug in.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I know it's not abnormal. Doesn't mean its okay to put them out in public and let them grab away. I can pretty much guarantee you that 100 years ago, if grandpa was grabbing women's private parts in public, grandpa wouldn't be allowed out in public. Same as today. Just because it's a former President, it doesn't change.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Oh no, I'm back in this very upsetting thread. Some of this apologetic nonsense is too much.
A few important points:

1. Battery is defined as

a physical act that results in harmful or offensive contact with another's person without that person's consent.
www.law.cornell.edu...

So the act in question is not only morally wrong, it is against the law.

2. People have a right NOT to be touched in ways they do not want to be touched. This is a common sense matter of respect. We should all be in agreement here, this is not too difficult to understand.

3. Horrible young people grow old and often become horrible old people. There are few other crimes we would be condoning simply because the offender is old. The young lady is the victim, not the old lecher.

4. The problem here is not so much with the act itself but with the general attitude surrounding crimes of a sexual nature against adults that have no obvious impact (but they do have an impact.)

5. Being randomly groped is a horrible feeling that absolutely ruins one's day. It feels humiliating, intrusive, and threatening. A person has the right not to be groped like this or not to have their day ruined because a person feels entitled to take what they want. We all know by now that we can't just go and take (or even touch in many cases) things that do not belong to us, even if we really have the urge.

As previous posters have mentioned, keep the slob away from women if he can't bear to be in their presence and act in a civilized and respectful manner.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I know it's not abnormal. Doesn't mean its okay to put them out in public and let them grab away. I can pretty much guarantee you that 100 years ago, if grandpa was grabbing women's private parts in public, grandpa wouldn't be allowed out in public. Same as today. Just because it's a former President, it doesn't change.

-Or, the woman turned around and slapped the crap out of him. lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
We need to build a statue of Bush so you ladies can have something to tear down.

#DontTouchMyFanny

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

100% with you
not saying prosecute for assault. of course not
he is 1,000 year old and a #ing gentile at this point.
i would say he knows not what he does.
that is where his handlers come in.

if he is too #ed up to handle himself in public then it is up to them

i cant believe how many people in this thread are basically cool with it cause hey, he is a dirty old man and half a retard at this point.

people have a right to not be touched. simple as that

if he can not reach high enough for whatever reason then he needs to be told by his handlers not to even attempt to touch people during a photo and if he is to jacked to comprehend that they he need not be put in those situations.

i really dont see how there is a discussion about this

is he a criminal pervert on the level of weinstein? no
is it ok to touch ass cause youre old and #ed up? no

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

That is true. Family members are, and should be, charged with managing behavior of unruly family they bring into public. Its not just old men with many hands either.

I don't have any love for this man at all. I just think the tendency to start smear/countersmear anytime someone with a publicly announced political affiliation screws up is dumb. This is near the bottom of that barrel of dumb, in the context its trying to be presented in.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We need to build a statue of Bush so you ladies can have something to tear down.

#DontTouchMyFanny

At least statues don't grab.

#somemenapparentlywanttobeabletograbwomens
buttswithoutconsequences

edit on 28-10-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

#DontTouchMyFanny

At least statues don't grab.

#somemenapparentlywanttobeabletograbwomens
buttswithoutconsequences

You gals grab the old man, take him to the village square and cut off that offending hand.

Then get back to sammich makin'.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
No surprise to every one here that I am right wing.

But Ill be damned if I am going to make excuses for Bush over this.

Is it the end of the world? No. Is it as bad as Weinstein? No.

But it shouldnt just be laughed off.

Look, wehn it comes to dirty jokes, even the most crude, I am all for it. There are obviously times and places when they wouldnt be appropriate, but in general I support comedy.

But touching a woman against their will in a sexualized area is not a harmless joke.

Now eacg situation is subjective. Was it a long time friend, is it a woman that grabbed your butt, etc. And I am not saying thet Bush should be thrown in jail or hated forever because of this.

My mom was a home health care person who had "harmless old men" grope and haarass her, and it really affected her in a bad way. But people just shrugged it off because the person was old.

The same mindet that just laughs this off is the begining of the just accepting the casting couch culture in hllywood, or the prison rape culture as a joke.

Again, I am not calling for Bushs head. But seeing aas how this was allegedly repeated behavior that was known about, I feel that people should condemn it.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

In the long list of tragedies that have befallen mankind, getting your fanny touched is probably number 3 or 4 on the list. Maybe number 2. But it's definitely right up there with paper cuts.

I'd make a "mountain/mole hill" statement, but some might be sensitive to their butt size.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But touching a woman against their will in a sexualized area is not a harmless joke.

Thank you. I'm not for having him arrested, or for "chopping off his hand", but if he can't control himself, then he should be controlled. If that means keeping him out of public, then so be it. If that means physically restraining him while in public, then so be it. This non-nonchalant attitude of "it's no big deal" really frustrates me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join