It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Taking Classes to Unlearn Toxic Masculinity From Rape Crisis Center, Collective Action for Safe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Funny, I could show up to the class in heels and a Vera Wang original strapless, beat these sissy-men with my purse and still be more masculine than these estrogen-wannabees.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This sounds like the kind of class desperately needed over in Europe as a requirement for all incoming immigrant men. Beyond that, I see not much need for it unless as a part of a sentence for assault/rape on a woman.

It seems to me, this could be used as a means to weaken the male role in a countries military in advance of an invasion. Make the men so afraid of their own masculinity and have them fear every word and action so much they are failures as soldiers in battle.

Yeah, that would be useful for an enemy to advocate within the borders of it's opposition....hmmmm...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: seasonal

I remember one Father's Day, when I was little. My sister and I gave my father a "How to Fix Anything", do it your self book. He was furious that we put him in a "masculine" box, thinking that the only thing we thought of, when we thought of him was a "fix it guy".

One the other hand, I remember him going absolutely crazy on me when I told him about how I was learning about radio waves, and how they are created when photon collides with an electron. He screamed at me "No wonder you can't catch a man! Men don't like smart ass talky women!"

I do think expectation and gender roles need to be looked at more closely.

No offense, but your Dad sounds like a royal, grad-A asshole.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

No offense taken. He was. He resented the role projected on him, like in the TV shows like Father Knows Best, or My three Sons that portrayed loving, patient, wise and financially successful men. But, when All in the Family came out, his inner Archie Bunker was liberated! When girls were girls and men were men.

edit on 23-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ABNARTY

a reply to: EternalShadow

I think "toxic femininity" is a result of crafty females using their ever evolving wiles to make men think "it was his idea", or use guilt trips, peer pressure and manipulation to get an upper hand in societies where women have been oppressed for generations.

Bottom line is men want REAL WOMEN and women want REAL MEN.

When those two meet, they are an inspiration to us all that seek such strength and devotion.

Women don't want violent, no good, childish, neglective idiots...some do tolerate it..

Men don't want overly driven, fire breathing, dragon ladies hell bent on usurping their roles as fathers and heads of households, because their "goals" as women have been sabotaged by an established belief that you are beneath men so you must at ALL COST prove that you are not...and MOST men tolerate that...

Women are our true gold as men....they provide the TRUE man with constant affection and understanding, which a TRUE MAN would reciprocate!!

It's not rocket science, it's our instinctual and natural behaviors as humans.

So your not doing right.....didn't say we're all programmed.... some get it...most don't.

So are these classes or any classes for that matter, designed out of envy???? Out of jealousy????

Because the idea of MEN and WOMEN works...they DO amaze us all and the world of "psychiatry" wants to tell us we have a problem here...guys are too "guys"....gals are too "gals".... A pill is underway.. coming to a soft head near you...

Now are you seeing what's being pushed??....can you see what the establishment is "cooking"?????

I'm sure this will be court mandated before you know it.....for the littlest of transgressions....

The idea is to distort and belittle a very common and workable, DESIRABLE, social interaction to divide us and make us think we are f#king idiots to have been raised at all...regardless of what that entailed.

edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 23 Oct 2017 22:22:24 -050010pmMondayrd10pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The article really doesn't say much except for "Rape is bad- mmmmkay?"

Violence and assault aren't limited to just those of the masculine persuasion, and alcohol brings out bad behavior in people of all sexes.

I tend to wonder if the people taking this course are doing so voluntarily or have been accused of sexual assault or some sort of domestic violence and are mandated to take it by the courts- because it sounds like a court ordered class.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Guys that have problems holding in their emotions might just have a chemical Imbalance. In a pussified world it might be driving some guys over the edge, emotionally. Reverse psychology. Your a Man being told by the world not to be a Man. Confusing for the younger generation who don't know anything else.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What is cisgender? If toxic masculinity is about rapists, then I'm okay with this, though the language used is insensitive. If this is just about regular guy stuff, then go # in your hat. For chrissakes, when the zombie apocalypse comes they're going to be looking for all us toxic guys to bail their asses out.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

It's not like this guy is going door to door, or someone is forcing YOU to take these types of therapy-classes.

Not yet....give them some time and they will try to force people.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is why I tend to avoid the idiot masses.

Please continue.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

well one thing is for certain. No men has ever taken a course to Unlearn Toxic Masculinity.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
Guys that have problems holding in their emotions might just have a chemical Imbalance. In a pussified world it might be driving some guys over the edge, emotionally. Reverse psychology. Your a Man being told by the world not to be a Man. Confusing for the younger generation who don't know anything else.

Not to exclude all the inoculations, soy products, crap in your water.

They want men chemically, emotionally and socially castrated so NO ONE STANDS.

And the men children under then have no role models.

Get used to it - or Stand up for being a man and shut away this CRAP!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CromCruachh
Sounds like the course is going to take him from being a capable, strong guy into an emotional, weak minded pussy.
Toxic masculinity? Ffs...

Yes because women just love neutered men....... I love the name of the re-education camp: Rethink. Big brother would be proud.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

That's the way way is been headed for a while now. Genetically altered food grown in poison. Dangerous chemicals in water. A world that's become socially insane. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: silo13

That's the way way is been headed for a while now. Genetically altered food grown in poison. Dangerous chemicals in water. A world that's become socially insane. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh honey it will all go RIGHT!

So sex.
No religion.
No culture.

Nothing to believe in but 'The State'.

Ooops, I hope calling you 'honey' didn't offend your masculinity!

Dang me for not being politically correct!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well I am starting a farting the loudest and chainsaw class then.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What is this, some kind of anti bloke reeducation. As a man you should not identify as a man.... OK then... Carry on.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well good for Stephen.

Too bad real men don't give a damn if others are offended by their masculinity.

He's free to take this course, but he needs to hand his man card in.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I remember a while back when the first rash of rape and violence against women by "immigrant men" was becoming epidemic, one of the countries around the Netherlands began a mandatory class that was aimed at teaching them that "No, you cannot just rape and/or beat anyone you please just because your so-called religion supports your supposed right to do so". I've often wondered since then if it did any good at all....

It's nearly unfathomable that not just in this day and age, but EVER, AT ALL something like this would have to be TAUGHT to men. I hope somewhere down the line in time people of the future will look back in horror at the sheer necessity for this action ever existed.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You also need some eye in the sky to go along with the bul^#

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join