It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa announces nationwide ‘Deface Columbus Day’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: skunkape23
Columbus was a monster.
Let the monuments stand.
Build a restroom around it and let everyone piss on it.
I'm not with the antifa bunch, but screw Columbus.

I'd like to see one, just one historical figure that wasn't an asshole at some point in their life.

Just one.

Jesus.
Oh wait he cursed that fig tree. Never mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: skunkape23
Columbus was a monster.
Let the monuments stand.
Build a restroom around it and let everyone piss on it.
I'm not with the antifa bunch, but screw Columbus.

I'd like to see one, just one historical figure that wasn't an asshole at some point in their life.

Just one.

Jesus.

Oh wait he cursed that fig tree. Never mind.

Why would he curse a fig tree?

I like Fig Newtons.

Maybe Columbus hates figs too.
edit on 23-9-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Issac Newton.
Now there's someone we can all agree to look up to.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The defacement of statues is just as superstitious as the worshiping of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Issac Newton.
Now there's someone we can all agree to look up to.

The inventor of Fig Newtons that Jesus cursed on Columbus Day.

I like how it all comes together.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
De-face Columbus Day?

Now I don't expect everyone in history to be an oil painting, but, considering the statural faces of Columbus I have in mind, it is a face only a mother could have loved in the first place.

Still a big mystery, but probably what started all the trouble:

"White captain needs much face paint".
"Why?"
"Got face that drives monkeys and parrots into the hills".
"Really?"
"Hope ugly white man not takes this personally".
"Me ... never! OK men, release the hounds".
edit on 23-9-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Some folks are hard at work to bring Fake News to ATS.

One "ANTIFA" group called for this.

That's basically equivalent to the Left Nut Squirrel Society of Roopville GA calling for a national demonstration on bird-feeders.

"No Nuts Left Behind"

I'm supporting the Lunar Libration Army. The Moon should seek independence from the Earth and have it's own orbit around the Sun. Our affiliates are the Flat Earth society with members all around the globe.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Some folks are hard at work to bring Fake News to ATS.

One "ANTIFA" group called for this.

That's basically equivalent to the Left Nut Squirrel Society of Roopville GA calling for a national demonstration on bird-feeders.

"No Nuts Left Behind"

I'm supporting the Lunar Libration Army. The Moon should seek independence from the Earth and have it's own orbit around the Sun. Our affiliates are the Flat Earth society with members all around the globe.

That makes far more sense than the OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Our affiliates are the Flat Earth society with members all around the globe.

Flat Earthers all around the globe.

The globe.

Caught you.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Our affiliates are the Flat Earth society with members all around the globe.

Flat Earthers all around the globe.

The globe.

Caught you.

STILL makes more sense than the OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From Columbus:
genius.com...

"They … brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks’ bells. They willingly traded everything they owned… . They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features…. They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane… . They would make fine servants…. With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want."

www.abolishcolumbusday.com...

"While I was in the boat, I captured a very beautiful Carib woman, whom the said Lord Admiral gave to me. When I had taken her to my cabin she was naked—as was their custom. I was filled with a desire to take my pleasure with her and attempted to satisfy my desire. She was unwilling, and so treated me with her nails that I wished I had never begun. But—to cut a long story short—I then took a piece of rope and whipped her soundly, and she let forth such incredible screams that you would not have believed your ears. Eventually we came to such terms, I assure you, that you would have thought that she had been brought up in a school for whores."

From a priest travelling with Columbus, documenting their actions:
www.swarthmore.edu...

"And the Christians, with their horses and swords and pikes began to carry out massacres and strange cruelties against them. They attacked the towns and spared neither the children nor the aged nor pregnant women nor women in childbed, not only stabbing them and dismembering them but cutting them to pieces as if dealing with sheep in the slaughter house. They laid bets as to who, with one stroke of the sword, could split a man in two or could cut off his head or spill out his entrails with a single stroke of the pike. They took infants from their mothers’ breasts, snatching them by the legs and pitching them head first against the crags or snatched them by the arms and threw them into the rivers, roaring with laughter and saying as the babies fell into the water, “Boil there, you offspring of the devil!” Other infants they put to the sword along with their mothers and anyone else who happened to be nearby. They made some low wide gallows on which the hanged victim’s feet almost touched the ground, stringing up their victims in lots of thirteen, in memory of Our Redeemer and His twelve Apostles, then set burning wood at their feet and thus burned them alive. To others they attached straw or wrapped their whole bodies in straw and set them afire. With still others, all those they wanted to capture alive, they cut off their hands and hung them round the victim’s neck, saying, “Go now, carry the message,” meaning, Take the news to the Indians who have fled to the mountains. They usually dealt with the chieftains and nobles in the following way: they made a grid of rods which they placed on forked sticks, then lashed the victims to the grid and lighted a smoldering fire underneath, so that little by little, as those captives screamed in despair and torment, their souls would leave them…."

But sure... Antifa must be total meanies for not respecting a bunch of genocidal rapists. Many sides and all that.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Sep 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: three sources added

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great men are seldom good men.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
Great men are seldom good men.

Then we're better off without "great" men.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

How about mediocre men?

Columbus sailed, not for the good of anyone but himself. He wasn't even a very good navigator. India. He missed. Bigly.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

If the people that make up Antifa continue to destroy property, silence people, beat people, destroy freedoms where they can, then they are fast becoming just as Columbus was.

Ironic.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If the people that make up Antifa continue to destroy property, silence people, beat people, destroy freedoms where they can, then they are fast becoming just as Columbus was.

Ironic.

Lol. I know you didn't mean to equate a rowdy anti-fascism group with a hoard of greedy genocidal rapist religious nuts.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Ironic.

Lol. I know you didn't mean to equate a rowdy anti-fascism group with a hoard of greedy genocidal rapist religious nuts.

"rowdy anti-fascism" group?

Why not just call them kittens and hug them?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Mediocre men are seldom remembered

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Kittens small but are still are vicious predators. They are sharp, all over. My dog knows this.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I mean it is inpossible to know, might still be in caves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join