It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-olds On Football Team kneels During National Anthem ahead of recent game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The entire team of 8 year old football players took a knee when the National Anthem played because black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail, according to one of the players.

“One of the kids asked me if I saw (people) protesting and rioting in St. Louis. I said yes; I said, ‘Do you know why they are doing it?'” said Coach Orlando Gooden.

Coach Gooden said his player responded, "Because black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail.”
fox2now.com...

The coach explained the situation with the NFL players taking a knee and told the team it would be OK if they felt compelled to do so, as long as they understand why. They all did take a knee.

When the anthem started, the Cahokia third graders immediately took a knee where they were standing. Their backs were away from the flag—but not on purpose—according to Gooden.

edit on 19-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

8 years old also twerk in the end zone but I very much doubt they know what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well why not? Schools are already indoctrinating kids to hate the US, why not professional athletes too.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

A F#ing 8 year old?

Yeah, the parents had nothing to do with this did they?

You have to love Hipster parenting.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

My kid will get her ass kicked if I catch her disrespecting the flag.
things are going to get very out of control and very violent in the near future.
Look out for the coming storm folks.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This makes me feel better about living in a country where it's permissible to not have to worship a symbol that doesn't represent everyone. There are many Nations within the borders of the Republic of the United States of America.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail, according to one of the players.

As in people within the black community are killing each other and not going to jail or the Police are killing black people during an arrest and not getting sent to prison??.. Or is it both?..

The way the US of Awesome is going you will be like Europe in no time, ashamed to be an American will be the next bumper sticker that will be included on all new cars...

RA

edit on 19-9-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

A F#ing 8 year old?

Did you even see where the school was?
Ain't too many white hipsters in Cahokia.
Remember the exit that Clark Griswold accidentally took in National Lampoons Vacation?
East Saint Louis. Cahokia is just past the strip clubs.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm sure the coach took the time to discuss in detail many of the latest cases with the kids as well...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Same here.
The storm is coming, but what after?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
gets popcorn and awaits the white supremacists joining the thread

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

A F#ing 8 year old?

OMG Zeig Heil You Vill dress as Ve say

Wow.

I mean come on ATS'ers what kind of people are on here now!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: theruthlessone
gets popcorn and awaits the white supremacists joining the thread

Coach Orlando Gooden, is that you?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Lucky, I'm not coach, It be game over, let's all go home now.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sorry you guys don't understand that eight-year olds can have opinions on things.

Sad that you defend the rights of Nazis and White Supremacists to free speech acts, but kids kneeling during the National Anthem portends the downfall of America.

Some of you need to remember what America stands for and grow the f-word up.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Sorry you guys don't understand that eight-year olds can have opinions on things.

Sad that you defend the rights of Nazis and White Supremacists to free speech acts, but kids kneeling during the National Anthem portends the downfall of America.

Some of you need to remember what America stands for and grow the f-word up.

Of course they have the right to do this; its just a shame that a fun game is turned into a political stunt.

But I suppose no one should complaining if they used a nazi salute in support of free speech being suppressed.

I suppose it was ok for that high school to chant build that wall to another team.

Of course legally its allowed, but we are allowed to disapprove of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

An eight year olds opinion of broccoli is that it's icky.
I still made mine eat the damn stuff.

They are way to young to understand the situation.
I also feel that way about little kids being baptized, they have no idea what's going on.

Let their parents protest.

link   
Good for them. I hope it brought the conversation to the dinner table where parents could give them a grounded opinion. Let's not confuse these kids with the idiot one percenters in the NFL. These kids are not making millions of dollars made possible by the very thing the anthem represents. These kids are not role-models for struggling kids in poverty. These kids are not losing their bosses money as people tune out while pointing a gun of public opinions at them so the bosses can't do anything about it.

link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
This makes me feel better about living in a country where it's permissible to not have to worship a symbol that doesn't represent everyone. There are many Nations within the borders of the Republic of the United States of America.

What country, just curious.
It is permissible, legal, and the right of anyone to not worship any symbol.
I'm not sure in what context you're using "Nations"?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Coach Gooden said his player responded, "Because black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail.”

From the mouths of babes.

Que the law and order, riot control police mob.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join