It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Democratic Congressmen Arrested For Protesting Outside Trump Tower

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Virtue-signalling 101. They accomplished nothing towards their plight, ended up arrested, but they can wear their diminished returns as a badge of honor for future public relations.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Virtue-signalling 101. They accomplished nothing towards their plight, ended up arrested, but they can wear their diminished returns as a badge of honor for future public relations.

Yes that is exactly what it was.

They probably saw the treatment Pelosi got, and thought they need to signal to the radicals that they are with them.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Interesting to see what the Democratic party top members had become.

What an example for the rest of the population and for those faithful base voters, the party have not goals, not purpose and has become the resistance.

I bet many of those faithful followers will keep turning their back on them.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

More like time for a third, fourth, fifth option. Both the D's and R's cannot hold their parties together anymore so like so many other governments we will find endless specialized parties. Then it will be up to concessus building of a majority of the parties to govern.

What a mess.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Viva laraza ,HOW long before they can't hold office legally?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Interesting to see what the Democratic party top members had become.

What an example for the rest of the population and for those faithful base voters, the party have not goals, not purpose and has become the resistance.

I bet many of those faithful followers will keep turning their back on them.

Of course they will. This is what happened to Pelosi, its what happened to college professors and adminstrators.

They use idenity politics to label the other side evil; but eventually they are not radical enough, and so they get lumped right with those the called evil. And facts and logic don't matter, as the preached in the first place.

We saw this at the DNC when angry Bernie protestors were scolded by Sara Silverman as they burnt american flags and booed people.

We are witnessing only the beginning.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

More like time for a third, fourth, fifth option. Both the D's and R's cannot hold their parties together anymore so like so many other governments we will find endless specialized parties. Then it will be up to concessus building of a majority of the parties to govern.

What a mess.

Don't worry, I am 33. Figure I will run for President and fix this mess in 2024, we just got to hold on till then.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Three Demcratic Congressmen were arrested this morning while protesting outside President Trump's Manhattan residence, to demand action to shield young illegal immigrants from deportation.

Democratic Reps. Luis Gutierrez (Ill.), Raul Grijalva (Ariz.) and Adriano Espaillat (N.Y.) were all arrested while rallying outside Trump Tower.

www.zerohedge.com...

Normally I would say whatever, but taken in conjunction with Pelosi getting shouted down by illegals yesterday, Iit seems like it is becoming evident that the Democratic party has a problem, and is being driven far left.

There is a contingency of the Democratic base that will not be happy until there are open borders.

I have a feeling we are just seeing the beginning of the struggle for control of the democratic party.

Seems they are grandstanding to me . Lets hope the judge doesnt see it that way or they couldend up having to do public service.could you imagine a congessman doing something to help people for a change.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have seen how their house of card has fallen down when an outsider cut their reign and dynasty off.

The party became soo disorganized that they only next step they could think about was to become a resistance party and blame everybody else for their shortcomings and bad choices.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Idiots.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
3 anti-American Dem sh!tcans who want to shield illegals from deportation?
When are we going to get tired of these clowns trying to subvert this country's laws?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Normally I would say whatever, but taken in conjunction with Pelosi getting shouted down by illegals yesterday, Iit seems like it is becoming evident that the Democratic party has a problem, and is being driven far left.

I have a feeling we are just seeing the beginning of the struggle for control of the democratic party.

It's a continuing shift of the Overton Window. We've had nearly three decades of shift towards right-wing, conservative policies. With the Sanders campaign last year a lot of people have been convinced that their ideals aren't so radical, whether it be higher minimum wage or single-payer healthcare or expanding social programs.

As to the struggle for control of the party; that's been happening for months. A re-energized left has pushed themselves into the mainstream via the party, much to the chagrin of a number of party members. That's a topic for a whole different thread though.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

It's a continuing shift of the Overton Window. We've had nearly three decades of shift towards right-wing, conservative policies. With the Sanders campaign last year a lot of people have been convinced that their ideals aren't so radical, whether it be higher minimum wage or single-payer healthcare or expanding social programs.

As to the struggle for control of the party; that's been happening for months. A re-energized left has pushed themselves into the mainstream via the party, much to the chagrin of a number of party members. That's a topic for a whole different thread though.

Sure open borders, transgender pronouns, stifling free speech and cultural marxism is all the rage.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They need to change their news channel so they know he doesn't live in New York anymore.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The current form of leftist protesting seems to be all about attention seeking and selfishness, sitting in the middle of a busy street and holding up traffic just so you can act like you did something special when in reality, you're just a moron sitting in the middle of the street.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Pretty much, yeah.

I mean, I'd have to have some examples of some of those but as to open borders:

The End of the Nation-State?

The imagined date for the report’s scenarios is 2030, but at least for “Nonstate World,” it might as well be 2010: though most of us might not realize it, “nonstate world” describes much of how global society already operates. This isn’t to say that states have disappeared, or will. But they are becoming just one form of governance among many.

An idea originally floated by a 1995 book, The End of the Nation State: The Rise of Regional Economies

Nation states, asserts the world-renowned business strategist Kenichi Ohmae, are dinosaurs waiting to die. In this profoundly important book Ohmae argues that not only have nation states lost their ability to control exchange rates and protect their currencies, but they no longer generate real economic activity. As a result, he maintains, they have "already" forfeited their role as critical participants in the global economy

It's even met some traction in Libertarian circles, The End of the Nation-State

By the end of this century, I suspect the US and most other nation-states will have, for all practical purposes, ceased to exist.

Open borders are inevitable.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Open borders are inevitable.

You keep believing that. I hope that your side keeps being honest about claiming thats what they want. You will lose election after election after election.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Isn't the point of protesting to increase awareness of whatever the protested issue is?

I don't endorse outlawry but ... seems like a few minutes in the middle of Fifth Avenue did wonders for this cause.

I had no idea they were protesting until this came up. Now it's national.

Mr. Trump himself would agree ... negative press is still press.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Perhaps a trip to Russia will make you open your eyes what it means to have a border. Not a single illegal or even a refugee dares to go to Russia. The reason is simple. Tough border control.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What they need is a night in LA county. That would quickly cure them of their leftist sickness.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join