It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University president apologizes for hosting black students in his home with cotton decorations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A center piece that contained cotton stalks (as decorations I imagine) was enough to make the pres of the Lipscomb U to solicit forgiveness. keep in mind this was in his home, and cotton stalks are used for decorations all over the world.

Randy Lowry, president of Lipscomb University, apologized for showing centerpieces bearing cotton stalks while hosting black students at his home in an email sent to the school Friday and posted on Facebook.

“The content of the centerpieces was offensive, and I could have handled the situation with more sensitivity,” said Lowry. “I sincerely apologize for the discomfort, anger or disappointment we caused and solicit your forgiveness.”
www.bizpacreview.com...

Perhaps something as offensive as this?

Several students were concerned and wanted to spend time together "engaging" in conversations. So basically he is called a racist and now he gets to coddle the facebook freaks.

“I have heard from a number of students who would like to spend more time together engaging in conversation,” said Lowry. “I am most pleased to do so either in small groups or individually.”

Complete pathetic reaction to having late teens early 20 somethings question his families personal style and decorating skills. What a puss.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
A cotton-picking nothingburger.
edit on 9/17/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I could see if he had a Sambo doll or was playing Al Jolson records but this is just like the other thread about Hobby Lobby. Overly sensitive weenies being overly sensitive.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This ties in perfectly with this ATS thread about Hobby Lobby selling cotton stalks as decor.
Some retard got triggered...
OMG!!! Cotton!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'll be sure and put away all my blankets the next time I host a Native American whiskey tasting party, or some beer pong.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

No kidding, I hope he has 100% polyester undies. Any cotton blend in his fruit of the looms should spur some blood letting and cat of 9 lashes for this mental midget of pres of Lipscomb University.

edit on 17-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I'll be sure and put away all my blankets the next time I host a Native American whiskey tasting party...

Hopefully this party is not tied to any type of real estate transaction.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Liquesence
I'll be sure and put away all my blankets the next time I host a Native American whiskey tasting party...

Hopefully this party is not tied to any type of real estate transaction.

Well, when we play poker, instead of pink slips it's for deeds.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'd like to attend, add me to the reservation list.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Gawd, you guys can find the most obscure stories on the internet. I've never even heard of Lipscomb University.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Oh, never mind then.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'm triggered because I saw the word "University".

Someone hold me.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Gawd, you guys can find the most obscure stories on the internet. I've never even heard of Lipscomb University.

Won't be long before someone finds the word "Lipscomb" offensive. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I think there's a story on the internet about a liberal clipping their toenails too short - maybe you could do a thread on that one too. There might have been a little blood involved. Whoo hoo!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Someone hold me.

How am I supposed to get my arms around you? Would you settle for hugging one of your flabby forearms?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Reminds me of the thread "Shoving it down our throats." Most of this stuff most people have not heard of, and it is NOT an issue in any way. It's only when some person, or some fringe blog, or some other person decides to make it an issue as if it's suddenly so significant and so widespread, when it's not.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

And Aaron Neville was black.

Go figure....

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I had to look it up. It's a small private Christian college, probably more conservative than most colleges - oops.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'll leave the personal hygiene and grooming questions to others.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We need a #stop-apologizing campaign! This is getting out of control.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join