It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Proclaims Sunday Sept 3rd 2017 as a National Day for Harvey-related Prayers.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: introvert

God will do what he/she/it wants to do, but his children can influence the decisions, just like you can/could do with your parents.

If everything that happens is god's will, why would be pray to him for those affected by this natural disaster, when he is the one that "willed" it to occur in the first place?

Because it doesn't hurt, take much time, or energy.

Ok.

Still ironic.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Noone should wish death on the Clintons. They will be dealt with appropriately by their creator...as will we all.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Noone should wish death on the Clintons. They will be dealt with appropriately by their creator...as will we all.

Thank you for an answer. I'm glad you don't think Christians should wish for the death of anyone.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

God's will that she target Canada.

I knew there was a reason I'm agnostic but it wasn't clear until now.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Remember when celebrities, MTV, and the left in general came together for Katrina victims? Donating everything, telethons, etc.?

And... where are they now? Where are their donations, fundraisers, telethons, and prayer vigils? All we get from THEM right now is, "GOD KILLED ALL THE TRUMP VOTERS, YAY!"

Great point! Celebrities see so many Republicans being rescued from nice homes, that they're probably happy that Harvey slammed Texas...maybe Louisiana too, this time around.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm a man of faith....

Empty prayers with out works is just religious masturbation to make the "oh so holy" feel good about themselves.

edit on 1-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Only those filled with bitter hatred in their hearts will find a reason to be bitter and hate on everything.

I'm not even religious at all, but why would I find a reason to scrutinize an obviously sincere gesture meant for positivity? It's a god damn prayer for people that are in need. If you don't believe in prayer, keep it to yourself and move on.

The same old bitter people that always have to say something negative need to go find themselves..

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Remove religion from government? Sure. Remove God from Government? Nah. In my years of experience the more that God has gotten push out, the worse this country has become. If you can't see it, then you aren't old enough, or you are delusional. This is my opinion.

To be on topic. MAGA. Love this idea, and agree 100%

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Remember when celebrities, MTV, and the left in general came together for Katrina victims? Donating everything, telethons, etc.?

And... where are they now? Where are their donations, fundraisers, telethons, and prayer vigils? All we get from THEM right now is, "GOD KILLED ALL THE TRUMP VOTERS, YAY!"

Great point! Celebrities see so many Republicans being rescued from nice homes, that they're probably happy that Harvey slammed Texas...maybe Louisiana too, this time around.

Your hate for people with different politics than yours, has distorted your Christianity into something ugly and mean spirited. imo

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes, I am spiritual but despise religion, How bouts we just think about it for a while on that date? You really don't have to pray, I wont but just think about the people

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I'm not even religious at all, but why would I find a reason to scrutinize an obviously sincere gesture meant for positivity?

Maybe because it is obviously not sincere.

It's a god damn prayer for people that are in need. If you don't believe in prayer, keep it to yourself and move on.

Why couldn't the people who believe in prayer just pray and keep it to themselves?

The same old bitter people that always have to say something negative need to go find themselves..

You don't have to be old or bitter to say something negative.

What if you searched and found yourself to be a debbie downer?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: carewemust

Everything that happens on Earth and in the cosmos is God's will.

So it's God's will that 3.1 million children starve to death every year? You worship one sick puppy.

I get that folks are often disillusioned (being polite) with religion, myself included.

I do think that religion can help strengthen social ties and focus the thoughts and energy of a population. It's not a carte blanche Bad Thing.

If they call it a "day of prayer" so what? It seems like such a trifling thing to quibble over when there are bigger issues.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Maybe because it is obviously not sincere.

Why? Because it's big bad Trump and he hasn't a good bone in his body?

Why couldn't the people who believe in prayer just pray and keep it to themselves?

This is so dumb and you obviously missed the point. First of all, how are they not keeping it to themselves? Secondly, how is it comparable to loser's that need to find negativity in everything?

You don't have to be old or bitter to say something negative. 

Comprehension. I didn't say old people.. and did I say only bitter people say negative things? Take what I said in full context please.

What if you searched and found yourself to be a debbie downer?

Then you obviously haven't found yourself yet.

Only those filled with bitter hatred in their hearts will find a reason to be bitter and hate on everything.

This is fact.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

So good to see you share the unifying spirit of the National Day of Prayer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join