It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discarded Banana Peel Causes Racial Hysteria at Ole Miss

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nettlas
This thread, haha my my.

You forgot a pic. Got you covered:

Bwahahaha.

edit on 31-8-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Don't they know bananas grow on trees?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well this confirms it, mother nature is incredibly racist.
#banbananafarms

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Trigger warning!!

I had been studying up on bananas. lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My God, what a bunch of pussies.

We. Are. Doomed.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think this calls for a statue to come down!

It's only a matter of time before they come for Chiquita!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Assuming your not black yourself, do black people want you making this fight yours? Seems a little bigoted, like they can't fight racism without your help or something. There's a difference between acknowledging and combating racism, and what you are doing.

Why do I need anyone's request or permission to call out bigotry by any group against any other group? Do I not live in this society?

It's odd that you have some specious admonishment for me but you can't bring yourself to call out a poster for a blatantly racist post. Do you need a black person to tell you that this is wrong and you should say so?

They won't. They'll remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back.

But that's not a racist statement. Others have explained that to you already, and I will not do it for the third time.

And do you live in this society? How can I know, random internet Xer.

Anyway, are you still wanting to jump to conclusions and accuse this kid of racism?

edit on 31-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: theantediluvian

So because the context is there for them to misunderstand, it makes it OK for them to just go off on someone absent of any other proof, especially given the current national atmosphere surrounding this?

Why must everything have two sides with one side being "right" and the other side being "wrong?" Is that the only way to consider interactions between people?

How about both the banana peel kid and those who were set off by the banana peel are simply average kids, not intending any harm, who behaved in different ways because of their different experiences?

He put the banana peel in the tree, not giving any thought to how that might be perceived. They perceived the banana peel in the tree through the lens of their own experiences.

Was he wrong to put the banana peel in the tree because of how it may be perceived — how could he be if he was unaware? Are the students wrong for jumping to conclusions? Their conclusions might have been wrong but they weren't necessarily being irrational given their experiences.

If it weren't for incidents like those that have been mentioned, maybe a banana peel would always just seem like a banana peel to everyone?

Because Ante, Many like yourself jump to conclusions and then double down to say "well the context was there regardless, therefore racism".

Don't try and walk it back now.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

So a Banana Peel is equal to a Burning Cross now? Good Lord thats beyond retarded.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Now a banana peel is all it takes to cause a psychotic reaction!

BwaaHaHa

E-lectrical Banana
Going to be the very next Craze

-Donovan

# 866

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

How are these students going to survive in the real world if they are driven to tears over something like this?

If an apple core was tossed on the lawn...again I am sure this would repeat itself:

""...more and more students stood and left the room - some in tears, some in frustration. "

F+++ that hysteria!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Holy crap, I just realized my ats name is racist! I mean if putting a banana in a noose is bad what about shooting one, mods I better change my name.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
And just so I know, so I don't trigger anyone, Are plantains racist?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Would taking a 12" piece of kite string, tying it into a lasso, and dropping it on the Old Miss grounds be a hate crime?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
And just so I know, so I don't trigger anyone, Are plantains racist?

I don't know if plantains are, but shooting them might be. Certainly shooting anything implies you've somehow been triggered.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Would taking a 12" piece of kite string, tying it into a lasso, and dropping it on the Old Miss grounds be a hate crime?

Probably only if the wrong people see it.

I suggest you not do it anywhere near the office of diversity.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust

Probably only if the wrong people see it.

I suggest you not do it anywhere near the office of diversity.

Sometimes I'm tempted to get a Facebook account, just to have fun with low-esteem snowflakes. But there's more important things to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Fortunately, the offending banana-eating student has apologized for his insensitivity.

He should apologize for littering. That's far more offensive than the emotionally retarded sensibilities of the three who were offended.

Littering? LITTERING?!?!?

It's a freaking organic biodegradable FRUIT. Putting it in a trash bag takes up space in a landfill and destroys natural fertilizer. I guess all my citrus trees should be arrested for littering, hell, any tree that drops a leaf or needle should be shot on the spot!!!

Jesuchristo.......

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlsBad
a reply to: TinfoilTP

nah they taste like fried bread.

you wouldn't want that one though, the more white the better and that's pure yellow.

white people are the best and asains aren't is the rule of thumb for collecting them.

So.....fried bread tastes like chicken too?

#bannature

Or maybe now we know what them treehuggers were really doing, getting some racist snacks.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The trouble is, the majority of each race DOES fall into generalizations.

Yeah and marketing isn't without faults. Generalization, stereotypes ,that line of thinking harbors discrimination.

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

How are these students going to survive in the real world if they are driven to tears over something like this?

They won't. They'll remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back.

The above comment is really sad.

edit on 1-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: correction

edit on 1-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: marketing*

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join