It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
Sanctuary.

You're supposed to be able to turn to the church in any time of need...aren't you???

You are. What you're missing is that Osteen doesn't run a church; his is more like a self-help club dressed up in church-like trappings with lots of fees.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
He probably won't lose a single moronic follower.

Most of Osteen's "followers" are in other parts of the USA and the World. Only the few who are heavy into Social Media will know how callous Osteen is during this crisis.

But, they do get text messages or e-mails from his church, asking for donations to help the flood victims. You can count on that!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Not only that...Osteens following will BLOSSOM there in Houston. Natural Disasters have a way of drawing people closer to God for awhile.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Not only that...Osteens following will BLOSSOM there in Houston. Natural Disasters have a way of drawing people closer to God for awhile.

But they can't be drawn to god. The doors are locked.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Even if the doors weren't locked, they wouldn't be drawn to God there.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I've never listened to an Osteen sermon...

Well, then you've never been motivated by a true voice on the Holy Scriptures. No one can preach the Gospels to you like Joel and then send you out in the world to help others while he sits at home on his fat stacks.

It's truly inspirational.

I now place Joel Osteen in the same basket of back-stabbing deplorables, as certain Republican Senators.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Even if the doors weren't locked, they wouldn't be drawn to God there.

They could if they donated enough. And didn't get the carpets dirty.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

Another hypocrite.

Probably wouldn't give his $1000 jacket to someone who was cold, either.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

That's not God.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I doubt you'll get closer to God in that **church**.

You'd be closer to God driving into the country and finding a little ol' chapel that is cared for by people out of the goodness in their hearts, while understanding the words of Christ far better than Osteen, and his groupies ever will.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's not God.

Tell that to all the religious leaders with $, €, £ signs in their eyes.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Yes, he is a hypocrite of, well, biblical proportions. Too soon?

I think it's fairly safe to say that Jesus would say something along the lines of..."You, Joel Osteen, are a cad and a bounder!" Then flip over his table in the ostentatious temple to his own righteousness.

Joel Osteen will be one of the big-wigs groveling over Donald Trump when he visits Houston on Saturday. TONS of money will be handed out like candy.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
For the Christians on this forum, the fact that this man is now exposed as a charlatan should come as NO surprise at all. He's in the same league as Creflo Dollar and Benny Hinn.

These 'pastors' think they are 'little Gods' and that they can 'will' things into existence. They're absolutely insane - they're also DECIDEDLY NOT Christian!

If only people know what the Bible says about these people and their ilk. Jesus warns us about these people. They prophesy falsely and scratch the itching ears of the masses.

Joel Osteen has been outed by God. Now we know, truly, where his heart is, and so whom it is who he serves. Mammon.
Let God deal with the judgement. Just try to help each other now.

Insulting this man is not conducive to forgiving him for this heinous act. Forgive him you must though, or your anger will turn to hatred, a sin in itself..... Be strong guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I doubt you'll get closer to God in that **church**.

I'd say one definitely wouldn't.

You'd be closer to God driving into the country and finding a little ol' chapel that is cared for by people out of the goodness in their hearts,

Or just driving into the country and admiring "god" for what "god" is, not in a stupid building with people telling you how to know god.

"God" is within and without in creation.

# Osteen. "God blessed me that's why I'm rich." # him.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

They'll find out soon enough. I care not in the slightest for them, it's their parishioners that I feel for.

One day, in the not too distant future, they'll stand before a judgement that'll be far harsher than any I care to contemplate for them...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

They'll find out soon enough. I care not in the slightest for them, it's their parishioners that I feel for.

I don't mind if they're parishioners or not. If they've been adversely effected by the hurricane, I feel sorry for them.

One day, in the not too distant future, they'll stand before a judgement that'll be far harsher than any I care to contemplate for them...

Drinking games with AM? That's just harsh!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Despite all the hate from ATS folk, nearly all or completely all who will never raise a finger to help South Texas, Joel remains someone who people feel brings them closer to God.

And if you haven't listened to him before, I suggest you do. The man has the gift of voice unlike any I've ever heard.

I'm not a Christian, per se. But he does move me every time I hear him, and millions of others.

Do any of you thick headed fools consider THAT might be the reason he's successful?

Such hate on this forum.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

You're sticking up for a supposed Christian who has locked his doors to people who need help.

Yeah. He's a great man.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: carewemust

This is Joel Osteen's house in Houston:

and this is his other house, in Pensacola:

Meanwhile, he can't open up the megachurch cash cow to his neighbors who are losing everything? Televangelists make politicians look good.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Where are you moving? You can get Mello Yello just fine in GA, AL, FL in my experience. Pretty much not at all in the North East that I've ever seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join